Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "pull the ban and redo it, properly"

visitors, really, how many/year?, from these 7 countries are NOT a threat to USA.

TRASH/BANNON's ban is pure BULL .

It didn't, it wouldn't increase USA security.

That's just ANOTHER TRASH LIE.

The ban was nothing but Bannon's exercise in his well-known MUSLIM HATE, Bannon wimpily fighting his War of Civilizations.

And they didn't care how many non-terrorist people they ed over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Americans left no doubt to the rest of the civilized world just how collectively stupid we are

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, Americans left no doubt to the rest of the civilized world just how collectively stupid we are
    Of course that 60 billion dollar trade deficit with those asshole Mexicans wasn't a hard clue as to just "just how collectively stupid we are."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course that 60 billion dollar trade deficit with those asshole Mexicans wasn't a hard clue as to just "just how collectively stupid we are."
    GM, Ford etc taking advantage of cheap Mexican labor fueling that deficit isn't indicative of how stupid the American people are.

Making a reality star orange clown the POTUS is.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    GM, Ford etc taking advantage of cheap Mexican labor fueling that deficit isn't indicative of how stupid the American people are.

Making a reality star orange clown the POTUS is.
    60 billion dollars.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    60 billion dollars.
    Texas is at a surplus, dunno what the rest of the country's problem is. Also, the deficit with China is 5x that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Texas is at a surplus, dunno what the rest of the country's problem is. Also, the deficit with China is 5x that.
    I can almost accept that, but, to let those wastes of space wise guy us at -60 billion dollars?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    60 billion dollars.
    K, what are you going to do about it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just do what Bush and Obama did...bomb the out of them overseas where no one cares because it isn't in front of their faces or reported on Western media.

Americans simply don't care about people dying unless they are told to on social or news media. It's part of the reason they are fine with baby murder too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just do what Bush and Obama did...bomb the out of them overseas where no one cares because it isn't in front of their faces or reported on Western media.

Americans simply don't care about people dying unless they are told to on social or news media. It's part of the reason they are fine with baby murder too.
    Lol "they" are fine with baby murder.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Chooch

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol "they" are fine with baby murder.
    Some sad broad killed your seed, I take it? That might be defensible, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where are your stats on Texas in surplus, TX exports vs imports?

the TX budget is about $6B short. No doubt, the Repugs will screw the poor and schools to make up that $6B, while not touching the $20B/year in tax breaks to BigCorp

=============

Texas’ budget surplus could ‘disappear’ next year (2017)

The oil and gas industry represents around 14 percent of the Texas economy.

http://kxan.com/2016/04/19/texas-bud...-hard-choices/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with appellate court's opinion on:
    - questionable intent (Muslim ban rhetoric, fine print prioritizing refugees in the religious minority)
    - unlawful suspension of due process (all aliens and lawful permanent residents alike affected - easy one)

These alone are enough.

I somewhat disagree with court's opinion on:
    - govt showing a stay is needed to avoid irreparable harm. This is probably where the unreviewable argument came from. The bench should not pay lip service to deference during war time then apply coercive circular logic, imho. As long as the govt asserts the necessity of the ban, it is assumed avoiding irreparable harm is the intended ends. That said, the sheer breadth of the ban combined with aforementiined questionable intent insults the public's intelligence and degrades trust in our govt even further.

Curious about the SCOTUS and whether it will take this case. The real problem would seem to be the sweeping language used by congress in authorizing the POTUS such unilateral powers as banning any class of alien, for instance.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    this problem is almost solved. trump said they were going to get on this rapidly....

...next week.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    not a prob.

terrorist, as is commonly known, take off on the weekends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some sad broad killed your seed, I take it? That might be defensible, tbh.
    No. You're terrible at assumptions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this problem is almost solved. trump said they were going to get on this rapidly....

...next week.
    Trump experienced his first check by a fourth branch, if you will - Time. How does he handle the waiting game?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Trump experienced his first check by a fourth branch, if you will - Time. How does he handle the waiting game?
    i can't believe these libroturds won't let my president protect me.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i want my

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with appellate court's opinion on:
    - questionable intent (Muslim ban rhetoric, fine print prioritizing refugees in the religious minority)
    - unlawful suspension of due process (all aliens and lawful permanent residents alike affected - easy one)

These alone are enough.

I somewhat disagree with court's opinion on:
    - govt showing a stay is needed to avoid irreparable harm. This is probably where the unreviewable argument came from. The bench should not pay lip service to deference during war time then apply coercive circular logic, imho. As long as the govt asserts the necessity of the ban, it is assumed avoiding irreparable harm is the intended ends. That said, the sheer breadth of the ban combined with aforementiined questionable intent insults the public's intelligence and degrades trust in our govt even further.

Curious about the SCOTUS and whether it will take this case. The real problem would seem to be the sweeping language used by congress in authorizing the POTUS such unilateral powers as banning any class of alien, for instance.
    There's precedent on the reviewability of EOs under the guise of natsec by courts that are not even that old. The SCOTUS itself slapped dubya's argument that Guantanamo detainees didn't have access to the judicial. That was what, a mere 10 years ago?

The unreviewability argument is extremely stupid, and fairly amateur. Courts can certainly defer after reviewing, but bringing up that argument is frankly pretty insulting.

Really, if they re-drafted the order without including Green card holders, they would likely be pretty much in the clear...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We really gonna sit here and pretend that the world didn't know this already?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's precedent on the reviewability of EOs under the guise of natsec by courts that are not even that old. The SCOTUS itself slapped dubya's argument that Guantanamo detainees didn't have access to the judicial. That was what, a mere 10 years ago?

The unreviewability argument is extremely stupid, and fairly amateur. Courts can certainly defer after reviewing, but bringing up that argument is frankly pretty insulting.

Really, if they re-drafted the order without including Green card holders, they would likely be pretty much in the clear...
    Even non resident aliens receive fifth amendment rights..Your idea about GCs, plus a set time period before the ban begins, etc

about the court order...
    I think the CIC's check on judicial review must exist, if only during rare instances of war time, acting n reliable evidence, and under restriction. Executive and judicial branches need to break new legal ground here so that continued brickwalling is averted.

Bush just felt nervous and guilty, euphemistic at best

Obamas knowledgable cir vention of a deadlocked congress, in an election year screams over reach.

Trumps ban fails using this defense just because no one can take him seriously that its not just anti muslim sentiments fueling his ban.
    Last edited by z0sa; 02-11-2017 at 03:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/10...ravel-ban.html

A Marine Corps veteran and contractor told Fox News on Friday he couldn't believe that his video from Iraq supporting President Trump's travel restrictions went viral -- more than 44 million views and counting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information