Page 271 of 1660 FirstFirst ... 1712212612672682692702712722732742752813213717711271 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,775 of 41477
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something tells me the BBC has at least one white intern.

Are you saying they have none, Chris?
    I'm saying that if you're white, you have no business applying. I think they should fire all the whites as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hole countries, and now hole states, so PRESIDENTIAL

Trump Slips Again, Names His “8 Crappiest States” In Meeting With U.S. Governors

President angers many with vulgar characterizations and boorish remarks about their home states

he wants Congress to withhold federal funds earmarked for infrastructure spending,

calling it “a waste of valuable tax dollars on America’s eight biggest loser states, and

most of you know who you are.”

Mr. Trump’s

crude appraisal of the eight states has the White House reeling,

at first denying that the president ever made the controversial remarks,

then saying he spoke them during a vivid daydream and was therefore not responsible,

finally blaming the tasteless assertions on the administration’s fall girl, Kellyanne Conway,

who the president said

had recently been “mimicking me in meetings and throwing my voice.”

https://extranewsfeed.com/trump-slip...s-fe8baa6d3e74

Funny satire. Sad that one has to read more than a little way into it, to figure out it is satire.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He didn't say that at all, Chump. He's referring to the specific job posting.
    Oh, so it's like Fox News' apprentice program for minorities.

OK.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm saying that if you're white, you have no business applying.

OK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a year into his presidency, Trump has tightly tethered himself to that same Republican establishment and all but outsourced his agenda to its leaders in Congress.
    Too lazy to read, he is hoping others do the heavy lifting for him.

What is funny is that the low-approval president is giving the lower approval Congress charge of his legacy. I wonder how that will work out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

OK.
    Sure. That was still a silly question.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sure. That was still a silly question.
    I guess you just had to answer for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you just had to answer for him.
    Would prefer not to see 2 pages of round and round tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Would prefer not to see 2 pages of round and round tbh.
    So you'd prefer to just answer for someone else for no reason.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or you doing you're "thing" for fifty pages.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Or you doing you're "thing" for fifty pages.
    I made my point about internships -- do you have a comment on them?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I made my point about internships -- do you have a comment on them?

I'm telling you why he'd answer the question on Chris' behalf.

I get you and that your "thing" is feeling smarter by mundane, redundant, endless back-and-forths with guys like Spurtaculuar and Chris, and you know this. I applaud your bait attempt, but I was just telling you why he'd answer for Chris. And he's saving you loads of time, too!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gave you my reason.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm telling you why he'd answer the question on Chris' behalf.
    So no comment on the actual internships?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whites need not apply

Yeah, snowflakes might have an argument here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , let's check in on that War on Opiods.

Trump has pledged to marshal federal government talent and resources to address the opioid crisis, but nearly a year after his inauguration, the drug policy office, known as ONDCP, lacks a permanent director. At least seven of his administration’s appointees have departed, office spokesman William Eason said. Among them was the general counsel and acting chief of staff, some of whose duties were assumed by Weyeneth, according to a memo obtained by The Washington Post.

“ONDCP leadership recognizes that we have lost a few talented staff members and that the organization would benefit from an infusion of new expert staff,” said the Jan. 3 memo from acting director Richard Baum, a civil servant. “The functions of the Chief of Staff will be picked up by me and the Deputy Chief of Staff.”

Don't worry, they got, like this dude to, you know, get right on it, as Deputy Chief of Staff at the Office of National Drug Control Policy

He is, like totally qualified, bro. With a definitely legit resume. A Master's degree in something, we SWEAR, and he was Director of Production for a lemonade stand his sister ran.

NOT.

Leaving the Boy Wonder as second in command at an office with a $368 million budget. Prior ONDCP Deputies have had legal and policy degrees and work experience in law enforcement and public health. But don’t worry, because Taylor has a BS in “Legal Studies.” Plus, he had a relative who died of an overdose, and it “really affected him.” So we’re in good hands. The Trump administration cares deeply about the 20 million Americans with substance abuse issues and the 52,000 overdose deaths every year in this country. Help is on the way, West Virginia!
    Read more at https://wonkette.com/628462/trumplan...IgOIpcRx1Se.99

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very Awesome. Most Awesome. lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Slips Again, Names His “8 Crappiest States” In Meeting With U.S. Governors

President angers many with vulgar characterizations and boorish remarks about their home states

“I’m not a big fan of New Jersey right now. I should have gotten a lot more support from Jersey in my historic election. I’m pretty sure I got screwed by the Obama-hugger, Corpus Christie.

Utah ... a house, too. Notice I didn’t say hole, I said house. That’s a big difference. It’s a house because Mitt ‘The Twit’ is from Utah. And a lot of other Mormons. Someone told me Mormons are allowed to a lot of women all at once.

Georgia is called the Peach State, am I right, Governor Deal? Okay, but you know what else I call it?—?the Black State. Because my staff told me that more Negro people live in Georgia than anyplace else in America!

“Let’s see a hand from the governor of New Hampshire. Hold it up high, sir. Okay, I’m looking for needle tracks on that forearm because we all know you’re a bunch of heroin addicts and opi-idiots in New Hampshire which is causing me a lot of headaches.

“I want to say a few words about Alabama. Governor Kay Ivey, where are you? Okay, a woman. Whatever. So I know you are a red state, and we should be friends, but your people haven’t been nice to me.

“A lot of people are going to be surprised when I say this, but New York turned to crap the minute I left it.

I had to ask my people, why is New Mexico, sandwiched by ruby red states like Arizona and Texas, not also red? They told me that there are a lot of Mexicans living there, from Mexico, which is why they call it ‘New’ Mexico. Get it, they’re storming the border and taking over!

“I’m so pissed at Nevada right now, I want to scream out ‘ HOUSE,’ but there are Democrats in the room who will tattletale. But, let me be honest, Nevada is pretty much my #1 loser state.

https://extranewsfeed.com/trump-slip...s-fe8baa6d3e74

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is planning a $100,000-per-couple anniversary party at Mar-A-Lago a day after the government is slated to shut down

he plans to host a one-year anniversary of his inauguration that costs $100,000 for a pair of tickets.

http://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/trum...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Cost of Corruption: Waste and Abuse in President Trump’s Cabinet

Since taking office less than a year ago, President Donald Trump has created the most corrupt administration in modern American history.

He has used his position to
    enrichhimself and his family, filled his administration with former industry lobbyists, and sought to prevent an investigation into his shady business practices.

The American people have noticed. Not only do most Americans believe President Trump has
    broken his promise to combat corruption,

they also view the Trump administration as the
    most corruptgovernment ins ution in the United States.

The corruption is broader than just the President and his family. President Trump has assembled the wealthiest and least experienced Cabinet in recent memory. Unsurprisingly, the president’s senior leadership has taken cues from their boss: While arguing for devastating cuts to services that millions of Americans depend on, several Cabinet members have engaged in extravagant—and at times legally questionable—spending on themselves at the taxpayer’s expense.

based on public information to date, the Cabinet has spent nearly $2 million on questionable flights and private office upgrades.

Fostering a culture of corruption from the top down

Trump Cabinet members’ extravagant spending on themselves

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/democracy/news/2018/01/16/444997/cost-corruption-waste-abuse-president-trumps-cabinet/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Organization Minting Money On Ethically Dubious Deals

When not desperately auctioning off access to the president’s family, the Trump Organization is still finding other ethically questionable ways to cash in on Donald Trump’s presidency.

an “alarming … array of interest groups trying to cozy up to Trump by spending money at his properties.”

While several of Trump’s properties are losing business, including golf courses and hotels in New York and Toronto, there are some properties that are seeing an influx of activity.

“Donald Trump entered office with the most blatant and potentially corrupting conflicts of interest in the history of American politics, and things only got worse from there,”

“Business is booming at the Trump International Hotel in D.C., not because of the décor, but because corporations and foreign governments want to curry favor with the president.”

The National Mining Association and Chamber of Commerce have plunked down bags of money at Trump properties, even though (or perhaps because) they have substantial policy interests that can be addressed by the executive branch.

executives and wardens from GEO Group, which runs private prisons, “gathered for four days of meetings, dinner receptions and golf outings at the luxurious 800-acre Trump National Doral,

GEO group — which also gave $225,000 to a pro-Trump super PAC and $250,000 to Trump’s inaugural committee — “secured the administration’s first contract for an immigration detention center, a deal worth tens of millions a year.”

Members of Congress are also among those hoping to buy favorable treatment from Trump. More than 30 political candidates or political organizations are listed

In a chicken-and-egg type quandary,

it is unclear whether Trump’s rampant corruption is driving his unpopularity at home and abroad, or

if his unpopularity is forcing him to turn to rampant corruption to make a buck.

Whatever the case may be,

Trump’s conflicts of interest raise unprecedented ethical, legal, and national security concerns that must be addressed.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/new-repo...dubious-deals/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The man-child in the White House reels wildly out of control

No one should feel sorry for those who choose to aid and abet this travesty of an administration.

They made their choices.

They elected to trust a man they know to be wholly untrustworthy, and to lie shamelessly to massage his swollen ego.

we effectively do not have a presidency at all.

As McConnell noted in frustration Wednesday,

he can’t orchestrate passage of an immigration bill unless he knows what Trump is willing to sign.

Likewise,

Ryan can’t pass spending legislation unless he knows what Trump will and will not accept.

But the president has no fixed positions.

His word is completely unreliable.

How are congressional leaders supposed to do their jobs?

Trump is incapable of growing into the job; if anything, he is becoming more erratic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...nl_most&wpmm=1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information