Page 382 of 1660 FirstFirst ... 2823323723783793803813823833843853863924324828821382 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,550 of 41477
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Is Actually Hurting Legitimate Efforts to Stop MS-13 — He Just Uses the Gang to Score Political Points

Former FBI Special Agent Clint Watts said that President Donald Trump’s attacks on the Department of Justice are hindering the federal government’s ability to fight the MS-13 gang.

The White House has also been warning of the “animals” of the MS-13 gang.

Watts, the former FBI special agent, said the president’s attacks on the Department of Justice were actually harming the administration’s fight against MS-13.

“I think the biggest part is how can you as the FBI — or really even the Department of Justice — really enforce the law at this point?” he wondered.

“Imagine, the key aspects by which you do these investigations are through confidential informants or undercover agents or by going out and delivering subpoenas.

So if you were in Trump country and trying to do the work of law enforcement and enforce these laws or go after MS-13, which the president was really playing up here an hour or so ago, how do you do that when you are being undercut by your own president?” he asked.

“It makes it very difficult, not just in terms of morale, but you are supposed to be cultivating trusted sources,” he explained.

“If you can’t guarantee that a source is going to be protected against all political actors in Washington, D.C., you are in a very tough position and it makes it’s hard to do your job.”

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...ses-gang-score

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Breitbart making sure Jim Carrey stays in the headlines.
    Straight to Video...Lawdy!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Straight to Video...Lawdy!
    Have you watched the latest Left Behind movie?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NFL just handed Donald Trump a huge win
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/n...170111780.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you watched the latest Left Behind movie?
    Pavlov with the routine whataboutery

Is Left Behind supposed to be required viewing or something? I've heard of the books.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pavlov with the routine whataboutery

Is Left Behind supposed to be required viewing or something? I've heard of the books.
    Carrey looks like he's doing fine. Getting lots of attention from the right.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Jim Carrey required viewing? He hasn't made a good movie since 2003. When was James Woods' last starring role?

Most importantly, why do you try to validate yourself through celebrity schadenfreude? Is this all you have? What a sad life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Jim Carrey required viewing? He hasn't made a good movie since 2003. When was James Woods' last starring role?

Most importantly, why do you try to validate yourself through celebrity schadenfreude? Is this all you have? What a sad life.
    when was chuck woolery's last game show hosting role?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conservatives get blackballed from Hollyweird. This is common knowledge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when was chuck woolery's last game show hosting role?
    Think Like a Cat cancelled after 1 episode

lawdy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clint Eastwood and Gary Oldman say hi.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm sure he ain't hurting for money. Meanwhile:

#basta

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teenagers are the #1 movie goers. They don't give a about his political views

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carrey looks like he's doing fine. Getting lots of attention from the right.
    Ya Chumplov, Carrey looks great.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Looks like a 56 year old man.

What are you expecting, Fabbs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teenagers are the #1 movie goers. They don't give a about his political views
    It's clickbait pablum for the hopelessly stupid, which is Breitbart's audience.

Despite there being countless current examples of politically vocal celebrities continuing to have successful careers, Breitbart readers are dumb enough to believe that this particular celebrity's film going straight to video is somehow related to his political beliefs. Never mind the fact that a film going straight to video is decided by the studio, not audiences, so it's not like this is happening because the American public has suddenly grown tired of Jim Carrey.

The studio likely realizes the movie is a dud, and Carrey no longer has the star power to make ty movies succeed on his celebrity alone... he hasn't for over a decade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like a 56 year old man.

What are you expecting, Fabbs?
    Outside of Chumplov World, nearly all 56 year old USA men do not look emaciated and medicated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YIKES!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside of Chumplov World, nearly all 56 year old USA men do not look emaciated and medicated.
    Carrey looks thin, but I'd bet it's a healthy weight compared to the usually badly overweight to obese 50+ year olds, like Trash, Julie Annie.

He's had and has big legal problems

Jim Carrey looks frail amidst legal battle for ‘wrongful death’ of Cathriona White

https://metro.co.uk/2017/10/19/jim-carrey-looks-frail-amidst-legal-battle-for-wrongful-death-of-cathriona-white-7011540/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

#basta

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal says he’s faced discrimination his entire life.

The man aspiring to be the new face of the resistance is a practicing Sikh who likes to call attention to his turban

Grewal’s jurisdiction doesn’t cover the banking transactions, and he’d only be able to prosecute crimes if they happened in his state.

“There’s a nexus between the administration and New Jersey,” he said, “beyond that, I’m not going to touch on that issue at this point.”

Grewal talks regularly and openly about the discrimination he’s faced: The extra TSA screenings he always seems to get, the internet commenters who make jokes about where he’ll park his elephant, and the children who think he’s a genie and ask him to grant their wishes while their parents look on.

Fishman called the situation “a chance for the governor, for him to make a statement that somebody who looks like him can be just as American, and is as American, as anybody else.”

his executive assistant attorney general, for example, came to the job after serving as Sally Yates’ chief of staff.

Kyle Griffin

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dude's always been thin. Just because you're fat doesn't mean everyone else is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There Is Only One Trump Scandal

The myriad Trump scandals can obscure the fact that they’re all elements of one massive tale of corruption.

The sheer volume of Trump scandals can seem difficult to keep track of.

There’s the ongoing special-counsel investigation into whether the Trump campaign aided a Russian campaign to aid Trump’s candidacy and defeat his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton;

there’s the associated inquiry into whether the president obstructed justice when he fired former FBI Director James Comey, whom he had asked not to investigate his former national-security adviser;

there are the president’s hush-money payments to women with whom he allegedly had extramarital affairs, made through his personal attorney, Michael Cohen, and facilitated by corporate cash paid to influence the White House;

there is his ongoing effort to interfere with the Russia inquiry and politicize federal law enforcement;

there are the foreign governments that seem to be utilizing the president’s properties as vehicles for influencing administration policy;

there’s the emerging evidence that Trump campaign officials sought aid not only from Russia, but from other foreign countries, which may have affected Trump’s foreign policy;

there are the ongoing revelations of the president’s Cabinet officials’ misusing taxpayer funds;

there is the ac ulating evidence that administration decisions are made at the behest of private industry, in particular those in which Republican donors have significant interests.

There are not many Trump scandals. There is one Trump scandal.

Singular:

the corruption of the American government by the president and his associates,

who are using their official power for personal and financial gain

rather than for the welfare of the American people,

and their attempts to shield that corruption from political consequences, public scrutiny, or legal accountability.

In each of these cases,

the president or one of his associates was seeking to profit, personally or financially, from their official duties and powers.

When that conduct has potentially run afoul of the law, Trump has sought to bend federal law enforcement to his whim, the better to protect himself and his associates from legal accountability.

An authoritarian model of law enforcement, where the president personally decides who is prosecuted and who is not based on his own political agenda,

is simply the best way for Trump to shield himself and his inner circle from legal consequences.

The president’s unwavering commitment to this ethnonationalism persuades his followers that he is incorruptible, despite his use of his own powers for personal gain and profit.

“You know, I tried to talk about good roads and good schools and all these things that have been part of my career, and nobody listened,” the segregationist George Wallace once said of his rise to power.

“And then I began talking about ******s, and they stomped the floor.”

(These days, they stomp the floor for “son of a ” or “animals.”)

Any effective hustle persuades the mark that they’re the ones profiting.

it is the story of the Trump presidency.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...candal/560825/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sarah Sanders: It ‘Bothers Me’ Being Called A Liar

Except the White House press secretary gives false and misleading information all the time.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...gEmail__052418

Thread Information