Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Rivers led the Chargers to a double-digit comeback and OT win against the same Falcons team this season - and unlike Brady, he did it in Atlanta, with a garbage coaching staff and garbage team around him

I even called that comeback in the gamethread that week, just like I called the Patriots' comeback.
    He also threw the back-breaking pick against Tampa...at home IIRC.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Btw, I'm not a Manning fanboy.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    He was allowed to be the offensive coach on teams that sucked with coaches that sucked even more. If he had found, on his rookie season, a strong coaching figure with immediate success he would have done what they told him to do. I think he proved in his last season that he would gladly accept game managing tasks if hia team wins, tbh.
    "Allowed"

No, he demanded it because he was an egotistical diva. He refused to give up control until he was washed-up, old and could no longer throw a football.

My Team
    New York Jets
    Post Count
    I hate to admit it, but he's the GOAT.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    This clutchness doesn't exist thing is definitely a new one from the Manning fans ....are you saying that certain people don't get more apprehensive/nervous in big moments than other people do?

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    "Allowed"

No, he demanded it because he was an egotistical diva. He refused to give up control until he was washed-up, old and could no longer throw a football.
    Do yoi reallu think he would have such demands, AS A ROOKIE, under a strong coaching figure such as Belichick and on a winning team? I pretty much doubt it.

Besides, Manning was only the "coach" on the offensive side of the ball and he didn't do so bad there. belichick's defense (and cheating) would have still taken him to playoffs success on his earlier days.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    This clutchness doesn't exist thing is definitely a new one from the Manning fans ....are you saying that certain people don't get more apprehensive/nervous in big moments than other people do?
    I said "clutchness" doesn't exist. Never said anything about "chokeness", tbh.

Post Count
    He also threw the back-breaking pick against Tampa...at home IIRC.
    Travis Benjamin choked harder than Rivers that game. Give Rivers a coaching staff, an O-line, and receivers who can catch (they don't even need to be superstars) and he won't force nearly as many picks.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Of course there is such a thing as being "clutch". And it doesn't only apply to sports.

Even in everyday America. Some people do their best work under extreme pressure/deadlines....some people fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Post Count
    Do yoi reallu think he would have such demands, AS A ROOKIE, under a strong coaching figure such as Belichick and on a winning team? I pretty much doubt it.
    Yes, I do. Fivehead was an arrogant diva his entire career. You think he would have trusted a Cleveland Browns reject HC?

Besides, Manning was only the "coach" on the offensive side of the ball and he didn't do so bad there.
    The Peyton offense produced zero rings and the NFL record for most one-and-dones. The only rings Peyton has are the ones that his defense dragged him to, broke back belly draggin'.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Yes, I do. Fivehead was an arrogant diva his entire career. You think he would have trusted a Cleveland Browns reject HC?

The Peyton offense produced zero rings and the NFL record for most one-and-dones. The only rings Peyton has are the ones that his defense dragged him to, broke back belly draggin'.
    Well, under Belichik he would have been dragged to more. To the point of maybe call him the "undisputed GOAT", tbh.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Besides, Manning was only the "coach" on the offensive side of the ball and he didn't do so bad there. belichick's defense (and cheating) would have still taken him to playoffs success on his earlier days.
    Why do you keep acting like Belichick was this strong and proven head coach when Brady took over? Up until that point his only history as a head coach was a failed stint in Cleveland and no playoff success to speak of....there's no ing way Manning would have respected someone with the resume Belichick had at the time.

My Team
    New York Jets
    Post Count
    Oh, and Edelman >> Welker

Post Count
    Well, under Belichik he would have been dragged to more. To the point of maybe call him the "undisputed GOAT", tbh.
    Props for admitting that Fivehead needed to be carried to role-player rings by stacked defenses instead of leading his teams to rings as the alpha.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I said "clutchness" doesn't exist. Never said anything about "chokeness", tbh.
    So wouldn't someone with less "chokeness" have more "clutchness" than the person with the more "chokeness"?

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Why do you keep acting like Belichick was this strong and proven head coach when Brady took over? Up until that point his only history as a head coach was a failed stint in Cleveland and no playoff success to speak of....there's no ing way Manning would have respected someone with the resume Belichick had at the time.
    But he had success with the Pats after one season. Success is what makes a player follow orders, tbh.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Props for admitting that Fivehead needed to be carried to role-player rings by stacked defenses instead of leading his teams to rings as the alpha.
    Son, I'm no Manning fan. I'm just trying to explain how cir stances play a huge role and how Brady is the luckiest player ever (besides being great too, of course).

Post Count
    But he had success with the Pats after one season. Success is what makes a player follow orders, tbh.
    He was 5-11 and last place in the AFC East after one season in Foxboro, tbh.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Of course there is such a thing as being "clutch". And it doesn't only apply to sports.

Even in everyday America. Some people do their best work under extreme pressure/deadlines....some people fold like a cheap lawn chair.
    I was going to say this, we see clutchness in everyday life. In school, everyone either was the person or had a friend who for whatever reason was a natural test taker, while we also had the friend who would study his/her ass off but would then his/her pants during the test. Same people handle pressure much better than others do, plain and simple.

Post Count
    Son, I'm no Manning fan. I'm just trying to explain how cir stances play a huge role and how Brady is the luckiest player ever (besides being great too, of course).
    I've seen your posts on Fivehead in the past. You're a fanboy. Brady is extremely lucky and isn't the GOAT, but he's still a lot closer to GOAT status than your boy will ever be. The only thing that Peyton is the GOAT at is choking.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    what? The Patriots went 5-11 the year before Brady took over, there wasn't any reason for Belichick to command more respect than Jim Mora commanded from Peyton when Peyton was drafted.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    So wouldn't someone with less "chokeness" have more "clutchness" than the person with the more "chokeness"?
    I guess you could look at it that way. But then again what really is having less "chokeness"? Had the Seahawks and Falcons ran the ball when they had to run the ball would Brady be more a choker for having a losing record on SB games? Is Lebron a chocker? If you choke once, does it mean you are a choker? How much does early succes takes pressure away and allows you to have "less chokeness"?

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I've seen your posts on Fivehead in the past. You're a fanboy. Brady is extremely lucky and isn't the GOAT, but he's still a lot closer to GOAT status than your boy will ever be. The only thing that Peyton is the GOAT at is choking.
    Dude, I'm not a fanboy. I just fight his cause because I think he's unfairly criticised for lack of team success. If he was unfairly hyped I would make cases against him. In fact, I was a Manning hater in the early beginning and I wanted him to lose (even to the Patriots), I ed and moaned when he got his gifted SB MVP. Trust me, I've never been a Manning fan (old timers know that I'm a fan of mobile QBs and started posting here as a Vickand and Vince Young fan), I just believe in extending my hand to a man that is down, specialky if I think that man is unfairly beinf put down.

Post Count
    Dude, I'm not a fanboy. I just fight his cause because I think he's unfairly criticised for lack of team success.
    Fivehead tried to make himself a one-man team his whole career. You can't demand full control of the team, take all the credit for wins and then fall back on the "it's a team sport" card after the annual chokejob. Plus, Peyton was a major contributor to the lack of team success with how he shriveled up in the playoffs every year.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    He's the GOAT, still a got though.

Thread Information