Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    what? The Patriots went 5-11 the year before Brady took over, there wasn't any reason for Belichick to command more respect than Jim Mora commanded from Peyton when Peyton was drafted.
    this post getting ignored
    more alternative facts from the Manningfans about how accomplished Belichick is w/o Brady

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Going into 2016 there was a realistic debate between Montana and Brady when it came to THE GOAT. With this SB performance backed up with his career, we can no longer debate this. I hate to do it being a Niner fan but I do keep things real.....Yep, Brady is now THE GOAT if we take everything into consideration.

Manning without question number three.

King of Cheat.....Best of the Best lol.........

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    King of Cheat.....Best of the Best lol.........
    Yep, if not for deflated footballs Tom Brady ain't .

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If you honestly think Peyton > Brady.

Then you're either missing a chromosome or have an extra one.
    This imvho...

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I'm also a fan of Duncan, Manu and the Spurs. Folks that constantly get props for their "clutchness". I say that "clutchness" doesn't exist because it has been proven many times, and I'm a rational person that accepts facts that are empirically proven.
    Yet we see players/coaches cost their teams championship games year after year by making stupid decisions under pressure. "clutchness" may not be a thing but when it comes to performing under pressure, only a few coaches/players have shown the ability to make clear-headed decisions in those moments, tbh..

Going into 2016 there was a realistic debate between Montana and Brady when it came to THE GOAT. With this SB performance backed up with his career, we can no longer debate this. I hate to do it being a Niner fan but I do keep things real.....Yep, Brady is now THE GOAT if we take everything into consideration.

Manning without question number three.

Rodgers has already eclipsed Manning IMHO. Has the volume but turns the ball over half as much. Also has a better SB run than either of Mannings, who was carried by both defenses.

You can make the same case for Drew Brees.

Peyton 5 TD 8 INT for 2 rings

Rodgers 9 TD 2 INTs
    Brees 8 TD 0 INTs

for their le runs

Peyton didn't win unless he was completely carried by his defenses
    Last edited by AchillesHeel; 02-07-2017 at 07:50 AM.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Dude, I'm not a fanboy. I just fight his cause because I think he's unfairly criticised for lack of team success. If he was unfairly hyped I would make cases against him. In fact, I was a Manning hater in the early beginning and I wanted him to lose (even to the Patriots), I ed and moaned when he got his gifted SB MVP. Trust me, I've never been a Manning fan (old timers know that I'm a fan of mobile QBs and started posting here as a Vickand and Vince Young fan), I just believe in extending my hand to a man that is down, specialky if I think that man is unfairly beinf put down.

Nobody is saying Manning sucks. It's just that when you start talking about the GOAT, you have to start splitting hairs so it will come off as unjust criticism. Manning was absolutely dominant during the regular season and has also had many great playoff games. However, compared to Brady, he's had too many playoff eggs which is the difference between the two. Doesn't mean you can't make an argument for him as a top 5 all time QB.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yet we see players/coaches cost their teams championship games year after year by making stupid decisions under pressure. "clutchness" may not be a thing but when it comes to performing under pressure, only a few coaches/players have shown the ability to make clear-headed decisions in those moments, tbh..

Rodgers has already eclipsed Manning IMHO. Has the volume but turns the ball over half as much. Also has a better SB run than either of Mannings, who was carried by both defenses.

You can make the same case for Drew Brees.

Peyton 5 TD 8 INT for 2 rings

Rodgers 9 TD 2 INTs
    Brees 8 TD 0 INTs

for their le runs

Peyton didn't win unless he was completely carried by his defenses
    Dan Marino is far better than a lot of SB winning QB's. Terry Bradshaws stats totally suck. How many INT's did Namath have in his career? Johnny Unitas was far better than Bart Starr. Fran Tarkenton and Jim Kelly were great QB's. Don't put everything into SB success.

Manning had a fantastic career, all those NFL records, all those awards, Pro Bowls, MVPs, All Pros. We don't ignore all that and he did it for a long long time.

14 pro bowls/7 first team All Pro/5 MVPs/2 SB wins

Brady, Montana, Peyton......then we can debate 4th.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-07-2017 at 01:09 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dan Marino is far better than a lot of SB winning QB's. Terry Bradshaws stats totally suck. How many INT's did Namath have in his career? Johnny Unitas was far better than Bart Starr. Fran Tarkenton and Jim Kelly were great QB's. Don't put everything into SB success.

Manning had a fantastic career, all those NFL records, all those awards, Pro Bowls, MVPs, All Pros. We don't ignore all that and he did it for a long long time.

14 pro bowls/7 first team All Pro/5 MVPs/2 SB wins

Brady, Montana, Peyton......then we can debate 4th.
    Who is fourth?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    1. Brady
    2. Montana
    3. Rodgers
    4. Elway
    5. Roethlisberger
    6. Manning
    7. Brees
    8. Marino
    9. Aikman
    10. Staubach
    Last edited by monosylab1k; 02-07-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Anytime we have one of...THE GREATEST...we must go with vs their era. Nobody ever dominated an era like Jim Brown, Don Hutson***. So with that in mind...

We can argue John Unitas, Otto Graham for 4th.

*** NOBODY even comes close to this guy when it comes to TOTAL domination of his era as a wide receiver.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Imo you need to have Marino top 5, even if he never won a Super Bowl.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Imo you need to have Marino top 5, even if he never won a Super Bowl.
    You can't talk the best ever without Marino in the discussion.

Fran Tarkenton
    Jim Kelly
    Dan Fouts
    Philip Rivers

are far better than Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, Jim McMahan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Big Ben top 5 seems a bit much..

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Big Ben top 5 seems a bit much..
    I agree. He's way too inconsistent and doesn't show up for road playoff games. His first SB was also as much game manager status as it gets.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Well I admit, Brees ahead of Peyton is probably overkill, but Ben > Peyton easily for me.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Well I admit, Brees ahead of Peyton is probably overkill, but Ben > Peyton easily for me.
    Id say Marino has a much better case than Brees does

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Id say Marino has a much better case than Brees does
    As talented as Marino was, I just can't fathom a top 5 QB being a guy who, not once in his career, outplayed every other QB he went up against. Not multiple times, just once be the guy that wills his team to a le. He couldn't be the veteran leader who pushes the team even as his own skills are in decline (like Elway). He couldn't even fall assbackwards into a le Peyton style. Can't make him top 5 for that tbh imho fwiw.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    I can't really see Ben ahead of Manning IMO but I guess it depends on what is more important to you. The one edge I give Roethlisberger in is that he had one SuperBowl run where he played extremely well the entire time while Peyton never really had a superb SuperBowl run. Other than that, it seems like Manning has the edge in every single statistical category out there including overall body of work in the postseason.

Big Ben >>> Flacco and Eli but he's also had a handful of inconsistent streaks similar to those two...way too many for me to put him up there in the top 5 all time.

Drew Brees is an interesting case...I never realized how close him and Manning were. I actually think you can make a better case for Brees>Manning. Brees has been money in the postseason and had a ridiculous run during the 2009 postseason. All that really separates him and Manning is that Brees took a couple of seasons to really hit his stride in San Diego. Otherwise, their numbers would be pretty similar. They're fairly close as is.
    Last edited by Mark Celibate; 02-08-2017 at 12:03 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I can't really see Ben ahead of Manning IMO but I guess it depends on what is more important to you. The one edge I give Roethlisberger in is that he had one SuperBowl run where he played extremely well the entire time while Peyton never really had a superb SuperBowl run. Other than that, it seems like Manning has the edge in every single statistical category out there including overall body of work in the postseason.

Big Ben >>> Flacco and Eli but he's also had a handful of inconsistent streaks similar to those two...way too many for me to put him up there in the top 5 all time.

Drew Brees is an interesting case...I never realized how close him and Manning were. I actually think you can make a better case for Brees>Manning. Brees has been money in the postseason and had a ridiculous run during the 2009 postseason. All that really separates him and Manning is that Brees took a couple of seasons to really hit his stride in San Diego. Otherwise, their numbers would be pretty similar. They're fairly close as is.
    And he's never had HOF quality weapons like Manning has, tbh..

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    14 pro bowls
    7 first team All Pro
    5 NFL MVP
    holds all the records
    15 seasons making the playoffs
    2-1 in SB's

That is Peyton Manning.

Pretty hard to beat that for third place among QB's.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-08-2017 at 01:26 AM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    14 pro bowls
    7 first team All Pro
    5 NFL MVP
    holds all the records
    15 seasons making the playoffs
    2-1 in SB's

That is Peyton Manning.

Pretty hard to beat that for third place among QB's.
    Peyton is 2-2 in super bowls

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Peyton is 2-2 in super bowls
    2-1???

So only two QB's have more SB starts.
    Quarterbacks with multiple Super Bowl starts[edit]

Hall of Famers Active Player *Player is not yet eligible for hall of fame
    Starts Player Record Team(s), Super Bowls Win % Ref,
    7 Tom Brady 5–2 New England PatriotsXXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLII, XLVI, XLIX, LI 71% [1]
    5 John Elway 2–3 Denver BroncosXXI, XXII, XXIV, XXXII, XXXIII 40% [2]
    4 Terry Bradshaw 4–0 Pittsburgh SteelersIX, X, XIII, XIV 100% [3]
    Joe Montana 4–0 San Francisco 49ersXVI, XIX, XXIII, XXIV 100% [4]
    Roger Staubach 2–2 Dallas CowboysVI, X, XII, XIII 50% [5]
    Peyton Manning* 2–2 Indianapolis ColtsXLI, XLIV; Denver BroncosXLVIII, 50 50% [6]
    Jim Kelly 0–4 Buffalo BillsXXV, XXVI, XXVII, XXVIII 0% [7]

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    And he's never had HOF quality weapons like Manning has, tbh..
    Jimmy Graham?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't know about him.

Russell Wilson certainly hasn't helped his case, tbh..

Thread Information