Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Dan Marino is far better than a lot of SB winning QB's. Terry Bradshaws stats totally suck. How many INT's did Namath have in his career? Johnny Unitas was far better than Bart Starr. Fran Tarkenton and Jim Kelly were great QB's. Don't put everything into SB success.

Manning had a fantastic career, all those NFL records, all those awards, Pro Bowls, MVPs, All Pros. We don't ignore all that and he did it for a long long time.

14 pro bowls/7 first team All Pro/5 MVPs/2 SB wins

Brady, Montana, Peyton......then we can debate 4th.
    For now, but Rodgers is going to eclipse Peyton.

Had a SB le run with more TDs combined than Peyton for his two, is putting up more efficient passing seasons and has a higher peak season rating-wise already, Peyton IIRC only has one season where he didn't throw 10+ picks

Rodgers is like Marino or Steve Young but already has Playoff success to back it up. Took a team to the le game, beat the #1 seed with some of the best throws we'll ever see.

It's going to be Brady - Montana - Rodgers - Manning - maybe Brees for top 5 all-time QBs if we're combining consistency in the regular season with Playoff success. Brees averages 5100+ yards a season over the last 6, he's basically had Marino's career with a great SB run to back it up, Marino really didn't have too many great seasons and peaked early.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    lol couldnt beat QB with down syndrome in 2 SBs

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Brady and Brees will be #1 and #2 all time in total passing yards and total passing TDs by the time they retire, both surpassing Peyton. But Brees could really use another deep playoff run to surpass Peyton. I do agree that Marino and Brees' careers pretty mirror each other except Brees has a ring, which is why I'd put him ahead. Plus Brees already has more passing yards and passing TDs than Marino, so I don't know how anyone could have Marino ahead. Rodgers in his prime may be the most gifted all time, but we'll see if he has the longevity that the other greats have had.
    Last edited by Darth_Pelican; 02-08-2017 at 09:44 AM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Brady and Brees will be #1 and #2 all time in total passing yards and total passing TDs by the time they retire, both surpassing Peyton. But Brees could really use another deep playoff run to surpass Peyton. I do agree that Marino and Brees' careers pretty mirror each other except Brees has a ring, which is why I'd put him ahead. Plus Brees already has more passing yards and passing TDs than Marino, so I don't know how anyone could have Marino ahead. Rodgers in his prime may be the most gifted all time, but we'll see if he has the longevity that the other greats have had.
    Idk about the first part only because it means Brady has 3 more good seasons in him and there's no way of knowing he does. It only took Manning 1-2 seasons to go from breaking the regular season TD record to being completely finished and Brady could easily follow a similar path.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    But can Tommy O'Brady beat Elol ?

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Rofl thinking Brees' stats will put him over Peyton because he spent the last seasons of his career padding stats and not making the playoffs. That's Kobe tier .

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Rofl thinking Brees' stats will put him over Peyton because he spent the last seasons of his career padding stats and not making the playoffs. That's Kobe tier .
    That's why I said he would need another deep playoff run; possibly even another ring.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    We have to go with.....vs the era......anytime we do any GREATEST in any sport.

There are high school kids today who would destroy Olympic champions from back in the day. Alabama would beat up Lombardi's Packers, way too big and fast.

Dan Marino was better in his era than Drew Brees is in his.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    We have to go with.....vs the era......anytime we do any GREATEST in any sport.

There are high school kids today who would destroy Olympic champions from back in the day. Alabama would beat up Lombardi's Packers, way too big and fast.

Dan Marino was better in his era than Drew Brees is in his.
    Brees isn't done yet. He's still throwing for 5,000+ yards & 35+ touchdowns per year. We don't know where he will end up in his era yet. Look at what Elway did in his last 2 seasons in his late 30s. It redefined his legacy. We'll see what happens with Brees.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Brees isn't done yet. He's still throwing for 5,000+ yards & 35+ touchdowns per year. We don't know where he will end up in his era yet. Look at what Elway did in his last 2 seasons in his late 30s. It redefined his legacy. We'll see what happens with Brees.
    What Marino was putting up vs the other QB's in his day is something Brees will never match. It was....Marino or Montana? Its never going to be that with Brees.

Montana never had a 4000 yard season, Marino had a 5000 yd season and five 4000.

Montana only had one 30 or better TD season, Marino had a 48 TD season and 4 other over 30.

Marino was doing things never seen before.

“Firsts” accomplished by Marino:
    First 5,000 yard passing season (5,084, 1984)
    First 40 touchdown pass season (48, 1984)
    First player with 400 career touchdown passes
    First player with 50,000 career passing yards
    First player with 60,000 career passing yards
    First player with 4,000 career pass completions
    First player with 7,000 career pass attempts First player with 8,000 career pass attempts

And he still holds a gang of NFL records or shares them. The NFL had never seen anything like Marino.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-08-2017 at 01:21 PM.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Already beat Peyton head to head in a SB. Never shat the bed multiple times like Peyton. Give Brees one more ring and he's ahead of Peyton easy.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    now that Brady/Manning debates are ing dead and never coming back, all I want is for other QB's of this era to push their way ahead of Peyton too.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    now that Brady/Manning debates are ing dead and never coming back, all I want is for other QB's of this era to push their way ahead of Peyton too.
    Good thing you don't always get your way or dem Mavs woulda dumped Dirk after that fateful series

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Good thing you don't always get your way or dem Mavs woulda dumped Dirk after that fateful series
    Brady 5
    Tired Old Bag Peyton 2

And he's only going to fall farther down the leaderboard. Brady is cemented at the top for the next 20-30 years minimum, barring an incredibly unlikely 4 le run from Rodgers. people actually used to take Peyton's side in Brady/Manning debates

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I could see Rogers doing it, especially if he wins another SB, but I don't see it with Brees. I know it's a lame argument but just from an eye test perspective I don't see Brees controlling a game the way Manning did, and there's no question Brees is a more egregious stat than Manning ever was.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Does that make your little oriental pickle itch with excitement?

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    I could see Rogers doing it, especially if he wins another SB, but I don't see it with Brees. I know it's a lame argument but just from an eye test perspective I don't see Brees controlling a game the way Manning did, and there's no question Brees is a more egregious stat than Manning ever was.

But its really impressive of Brees padding those stats and not even bother making the postseason.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Most of Drew's career he's had far worse talent around him than Peyton. Most Saints skill position guys leave and are never heard from again, kinda like when a guy leaves Brady. The list of HOF/elite talent surrounding Peyton is ridiculous.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    But its really impressive of Brees padding those stats and not even bother making the postseason.
    It's also a stain on his resume that he's lost playoff games against old ass Matt Hasselbeck, Rex Grossman and Alex Smith.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It's also a stain on his resume that he's lost playoff games against old ass Matt Hasselbeck, Rex Grossman and Alex Smith.
    Peyton lost a playoff game to Billy Volek

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Peyton lost a playoff game to Billy Volek
    Winning record against Brady tbh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Winning record against Brady tbh
    Dirk has a winning playoff record vs LeBron OMFG DIRK >LEBRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brady 5
    Tired Old Bag Peyton 2

That's it and that's all.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Brady 5
    Tired Old Bag Peyton 2

And he's only going to fall farther down the leaderboard. Brady is cemented at the top for the next 20-30 years minimum, barring an incredibly unlikely 4 le run from Rodgers. people actually used to take Peyton's side in Brady/Manning debates

Dan Marino 0
    Terry Bradshaw 4

Bradshaw wouldn't make a zit on the ass of Dan Marino.

Peyton Manning belongs on the Mount Rushmore for QB's and nobody is knocking him off.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    But that's not all, you're busy sucking big rape and coffee stain's just a few days after brady won a sb. Did Peyton violate either yours or your wife's butthole tbh ?

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    Dan Marino 0
    Terry Bradshaw 4

Bradshaw wouldn't make a zit on the ass of Dan Marino.

Peyton Manning belongs on the Mount Rushmore for QB's and nobody is knocking him off.

wise words from one of the forum' sages tbh. We're lucky to have you posting here

Thread Information