View Poll Results: SuperBowl 51. Complete choke by Atlanta or great comeback by Patriots?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Complete choke job by Atlanta

15 75.00%
  • Great comeback by Patriots

10 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last nights entertainment industry show.

In choosing one or the other, complete choke job by Atlanta or great comeback by Patriots?

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    I think it's possible to be both. But I lean towards choke job.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    You should look into the viability of ending your life.

I think it's possible to be both. But I lean towards choke job.
    Oh it is.

But on offense when all you have to do is not turn it over and Ryan does it not once but twice.
    It's a choke for the ages. On the Spurs section the thread asks how it ranks with the Warriors 3-1 choke and the Spurs Game 6 Giveaway of 2013.

Ya the suckworthiness of the collapse puts it in All Time category.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    It's both but it depends on your rooting interest. If your the falcons it's a choke job. If your for the pats it was an amazing comeback. But ing falcons not running on 3rd - 1 and taking themselves out of field goal range. But damn The pats needed to convert on two - two point conversions just to tie.

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It`s both. It was a choke, no doubt. But is there any other team, that would comeback from that, other than Patriots ?

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    A bit of both

Falchokes really lost control in the 2nd half, they froze and couldn't make plays

But credit to NE for taking advantage tbh, they still had to make plays

It's both but it depends on your rooting interest. If your the falcons it's a choke job. If your for the pats it was an amazing comeback. But ing falcons not running on 3rd - 1 and taking themselves out of field goal range. But damn The pats needed to convert on two - two point conversions just to tie.
    Exactly.
    If they simply run and the Pats bust thru the line and stuff the runner short, hey nice play Pats.
    On the Ryan sack, if he simply throws it away they have a 39 yard field goal attempt. If the Pats break thru the line and block the field goal, you say Congratulations Pats, way to take the game away.

But, ATL had the game won and gave it away.
    Pure and simple. It wasn't anything the Pats did to cause the giveaway.
    Ya, once Atlanta gave it away the Pats made good plays.

Don't forget to vote.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    It's always both. The comeback will be highlighted because it cements Brady's and Belichek's GOAT status. The choke will be highlighted because...who the blows a 25 lead in any game, let alone the SB (where the previous biggest choke was losing a 10 point lead).

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It was a choke. This is the 2nd year in a row where the team decided to let the qb be the hero instead of just running and milking the clock. Kyle Shanahan turned his brain off after julio made that amazing catch and it cost them.

Post Count
    It's always both. The comeback will be highlighted because it cements Brady's and Belichek's GOAT status. The choke will be highlighted because...who the blows a 25 lead in any game, let alone the SB (where the previous biggest choke was losing a 10 point lead).
    In a quarter and a half too!!!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Massive chokejob imo not Oilers vs Bills bad but given the stakes it damn close. My nigra EDP445 thinks that was rigged and it's hard to disagree.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    When Brady got the ball back down 8, everybody watching the game knew the pats won.

I give them the credit. The biggest miscue for ATL came when they had 2nd down at the pats 23 and could have just killed clock and booted a field goal. Instead they go for a pass, take a sack. Then commit a hold to take them out of FG range (and stop the clock) then throw a sideline throw and don't kill clock. It was a stupid sequence that gave the pats a chance... But man, Brady is vicious when you give him a snowballs chance

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    It's always a combination of both. As much credit as the Patriots deserve for their comeback they would not have been able to pull it off had the Falcons executed properly on either the 3rd-and-1 that resulted in the strip sack or the sequence of plays when the Falcons got down to the 22 late in the fourth quarter.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    All we had here was this....

Greatest coach ever with the greatest QB ever in a very familiar situation (SB) vs a team with a new head coach, a QB who had never been in anything like this before. So we got what we were suppose to get. No choke, no great comeback, just how it should have went and it did.

Legendary trainer, his fighter in his 7th le defense vs a new trainer with a fighter in his first championship fight.

That could be any sport.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    clearly a comeback... Ryan played a great game throughout. He made two stupid plays, but the fumble was a massive mistake by freeman. You don't justify a qb wasting a 25 points lead, but he made throws even late in the game, so he was clearly not taken over by nerves.. We were just luckier tbh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Obvious answer is both. Patriots had to have nearly flawless execution on the last two drives (especially given they need two 2 point conversions) but Atlanta had 20 different ways to not lose that game.

It's always a combination of both. As much credit as the Patriots deserve for their comeback they would not have been able to pull it off had the Falcons executed properly on either the 3rd-and-1 that resulted in the strip sack or the sequence of plays when the Falcons got down to the 22 late in the fourth quarter.
    The question is which do you choose?
    Got to be at least 51-49 for any observer.

Massive chokejob imo not Oilers vs Bills bad but given the stakes it damn close. My nigra EDP445 thinks that was rigged and it's hard to disagree.

Matt Ryan sure did seem upset and disappointed after the loss, huh?

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    The question is which do you choose?
    Got to be at least 51-49 for any observer.
    IMO the 51 goes to the team with the 25-point lead. Because at that point you really shouldn't need to do anything extraordinary to win; you just need to avoid making mistakes.

A great comeback always involves a choke, tbh..

Atlanta could have ran the ball and potentially ended the game with a FG..I understand staying true to your style and not relying on your kicker to win, but wow, poor coaching..

Atlanta could have ran the ball and potentially ended the game with a FG..I understand staying true to your style and not relying on your kicker to win, but wow, poor coaching..
    So your vote is?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

So your vote is?
    you ing dumbass, you made it so that you can vote for both options.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Definitely more of a choke than a comeback ( Matty Choke, det play calling), but as has been said we all knew when Brady got the ball back down 8 with nearly 3 mins left he was gonna march his team down and tie it. Tbh, I knew the Falcons were ed as soon as the Pats made it known Atlanta's "defense" was figured out late in the third.

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Obviously a massive chokejob but Pats deserve credit for the adjustments and the epic 4th/OT performance..

Don't think the Pats would have ever had a chance had the Falcons just ran the ball in the 4th, no excuse to run it 4 times after being up 25 pts... Ryan played a great 3 1/2 quarters but you don't give the opposing team a chance in that situation..YOU'RE IN FG RANGE JUST RUN THE DAMN BALL AND KICK THE FG

49ers just signed this re to a 6 yr deal as well LMAOO

Thread Information