Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Wouldn't it be something if Rod Smith played so well during Elliotts suspension they started having him share the carries?

When Thurman Thomas was at Oklahoma State, the great Barry Sanders was there. When USCs Charles White was winning his Heisman, Marcus Allen was a fullback. Hmmmmmmm?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How is Russell Wilson still winning games without BEASTMODE, , he has no running game at all, so how is he STILL winning?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I predict...

Tommorrow night we will hear....

he's just magical
    only QB in the league capable of that
    wow~~~
    nobody does that better

Or similiar type stuff talking about the great Russell Wilson.

Hopefully they show some of his NFL records.
    Do I know my or what?

That scramble play. yep.....he is the only QB today capable of that.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    How is Russell Wilson still winning games without BEASTMODE, , he has no running game at all, so how is he STILL winning?
    He's a really good efficient QB, but if they don't win the division, they're gonna be one and done in the playoffs because there offense won't travel well on the road.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    He's a really good efficient QB, but if they don't win the division, they're gonna be one and done in the playoffs because there offense won't travel well on the road.
    I'd love to play the Seahawks in the dome in the playoffs, especially now that Sherman is out. The Cowboys or a division rival would be much more concerning.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I totally agree, it takes more than just a QB in the playoffs, especially on the road.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Anyone catch THE HERD today? Colin went on and on and about the greatness of Russell Wilson. Now this guy is 50 years old and a football junkie, how come he sees it same way I do? What did Collinsworth say about Wilson......try...ridiculous, magic arm. Why is everyone on all those sports talk shows go on and on about just how great the guy is, well?

, I can talk about players noboby "here" has ever heard of....trust me. I;ve seen a lot of QB;s, saw Tarkenton running around like Wilson, saw Unitas, and Wilson is right there among the best ever.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Cowherd has also said that Matt Stafford is better than Aaron Rodgers. He has no credibility.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Cowherd has also said that Matt Stafford is better than Aaron Rodgers. He has no credibility.
    Dude, you bragged on what a WR said in Hopkins, remember? You really thought this kid knows anything at all? Dude, you really think Derek Anderson is better than Cam Newton?

Trust me half pint Cowherd would never say....TOM SAVAGE THE BEST QB IN TEXAS PERIOD, or talk about Anderson being better than Cam MVP Newton...ok?

Dude, you know..0...about this stuff, why you even try to talk football is a ...?????? Dude, tell me about Tyreek Hill again and..."hahaha he muffed it"......how damn stupid was that?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Teams where Wilson would take over as the starter tomorrow.

Bears
    Packers...now
    Vikes
    Bucs
    Panthers
    Falcons
    Niners
    Cards
    Rams
    Redskins
    Giants
    Broncos
    Chiefs
    Texans
    Jags
    Colts
    Ravens
    Bengals
    Browns
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Jets

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Dude, you bragged on what a WR said in Hopkins, remember? You really thought this kid knows anything at all?
    Yet you tout NFL players' opinions to defend Struggle. Congrats, you've contradicted your own takes again.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yet you tout NFL players' opinions to defend Struggle. Congrats, you've contradicted your own takes again.
    Dude, Russell Wilson is a multi time pro bowler, an NFL record holder, a Superbowl Champion. If you look at Montana, Marino, Brady, Favre, Rodgers, whoever and compare what they accomplished with the same amount of experience, it's Russell Wilson. Nobody has to defend this guy, ok rookie? And.....what a group of players have to say is a lot different than a QB's receiver......think, ok? My QB sucks......we aren't going to be hearing, ok rookie?

Stupid, what has Tom Savage done, yep...........NOTHING.

How about....yep. blew it with Savage, yep wrong.....ok little man?
    Last edited by Avante; 11-13-2017 at 03:48 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    When have we seen a faster receiving combo than Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods? Like I said somewhere out there, Woods left HS as the Nations number one 400m cat. but....didn't run track while at USC. Watkins was a Florida State 200m champ, ran a 20.6, which is cooking for a HS kid.

Todd Gurley was a stud hurdler at the HS level. And Tavon Austin was a trackster also.

The best receiving combo ever for the Rams was back in the day with Hall of Famers Tom Fears and "Crazy Legs" Hirsh. But....they didn't have this kind of speed. And TB's Tank Younger and Deacon Dan Towler were power backs nor speedsters. The Rams did have NCAA 100 champ Bob Boyd.

Holt, Bruce and Faulk was dynamic, but not as fast.

Woods went to the same HS as Tom Brady and Lynn Swann. Swann a two time Cali State long jump champ.

Last edited by Avante; 11-13-2017 at 03:45 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    After watchig Deon Lewis run back a KO to score, it got me thinking about starting RB's who returned kicks.

When Jim Brown first got in the NFL he ran back a few KO's, what a sight that must have been. A 228 pound kick returner in those days?

Timmy Brown Eagles
    Bobby Mitc Browns....He was the RB to Browns FB.
    Brian Westbrook Eagles
    Ollie Matson Rams
    Gale Sayers Bears
    Herschel Walker Generals
    Abner Haynes Chiefs
    Mercury Morris Dolphins
    Terry Metcalf Cards
    Eric Metcalf...Browns
    Buddy Young...Colts

This team had a fullback and a running back both returned a KO for a score....who?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The All Time White Offense

Tom Brady
    John Riggins
    Hugh "Kng" McElhenny
    Lance Alworth
    Don Hutson
    GRONK

Joe Montana
    Larry Csonka
    Jim Taylor
    Don Maynard
    Steve Largent
    Jason Witten

Peyton Manning
    Mike Alstott
    Craig James
    Fred Biletnikoff
    Wes Welker
    Mike Ditka

Drew Brees
    Paul Hornung
    Frank Gifford
    Julian Edelman
    Tommy McDonald
    Dave Casper
    Last edited by Avante; 11-14-2017 at 01:50 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    A lot of talk tonight about The Killer B's, Big Ben, Bell and Brown.

Well in my football fans days....

Baltimore Colts...all in the Hall of fame.
    QB...Johnny Unitas
    RB....Lenny Moore....the first great receiving RB
    WR...Ray Berry....slow white guy, glue for hands.
    TE...John Mackey...why he wasn't a FB???

All in the Hall of Fame.

Steelers...Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, John Stallworth, Lynn Swann.
    Cowboys...Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin
    Bills...Jim Kelly, Thurmon Thomas, Andre Reed

Hall of Famer Dan Fouts had Hall of Famers Kellon Winslow, Charlie Joiner (John Jefferson was better but greed did him in)

Before my time, Hall of Famer Norm Van Brocklin had Hall of Fame receivers Tom Fears and "Crazy Legs" Hirsh. talking Rams.

Hall of Famer Bart Starr had two Hall of Fame RB's in Jim Taylor and Paul Hornung while at Green Bay.

My Niners had Hall of Famer Y.A. tle handing off to these Hall of Fame RB's...John Henry Johnson, Joe "The Jet" Perry, Hugh "The King" McElhenny

So when Otto Graham was having his Hall if Fame career,, what fellow Hall of Famers did he play with?

Back in the early days of the AFL the Chargers had....

QB...Tobin Rote
    FB...Keith Lincoln
    RB...Paul Lowe
    WR...Lance Alworth (flanker?)

That was as good as it got at that time.

This ain't bad...

Joe Montana
    Roger Craig
    Jerry Rice
    John Taylor

Or this...

Kurt Warner
    Marshall Faulk
    Isacc Bruce
    Torry Hott

Who can forget...******

Kenny "The Snake" Stabler
    Cliff Branch
    Fred Belitnikoff
    Dave Casper

****** Here we have the classic.....savy QB, one of the fastest humans on the planet, a guy with ran perfect pattens and glue on his hands, and the big lumbering...bang...TE.
    Last edited by Avante; 11-17-2017 at 01:53 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Football and modern technology a suck mix. Trying to get things absolutely perfect is ruining the game. Ya can't play this game stopping every series to review a foot in bounds, a spot, a fumble, etc etc. Ya can't get a flow going. It's too herky jeky.

Yep, us lifetime geeks will always be fans no matter what but a guy just getting into it....hmmmm?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No offensive line, no running backs, yet.....7-4.

A guy running for his life and he STILL wins. Yep, the great Russell Wilson.

Career stats.

comp %...64.3
    TD/INT...150/53....this is amazing.
    QB rating...98.9

0ver 3000 yards rushing and another 16 TD's.

Add two Superbowls in first six seasons and more wins in history than any QB ....ever.

How could anyone not get this? Imagine where Tom Brady would be behind this o line....yikes~~~ Who could do it better than Russell Wilson?

The great ....athlete....playing QB is what we have in Russell Wilson. Something we can't say about Peyton, Brady, Brees.
    Last edited by Avante; 11-27-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It works like this....

Young athletes in a whole new world. Some take a little longer to adjust. Some can't handle the $$$$$$. Some can't handle the fame.

I give guys about three seasons, if heading into year four and things aren't working, ok....problem. To be...sucks...great....after a few weeks, or even a season, what????? I've noticed so many of you just refuse to give things some time............................WHY?????????

O.J.Simpson was looking like a bust, then all of a sudden....BOOM~~~~ Jared Goff was a mistake....right? What happened? Terry Bradshaw was benched how many times?

Does anyone ever think....where will the guy be 4-6 years down the road......??? How many times was James Harrison cut?
    Last edited by Avante; 11-28-2017 at 02:55 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Down goes Rodgers, enter....black QB. The with Eli Manning, enter.....black QB. Tom Savage is sucking, enter...black QB. Down goes Andrew Luck, enter...black QB.

Hmmmmmm?

We could have...

Cleveland
    Indy
    TB
    Dallas
    Green Bay
    Seattle
    Buffalo
    Minnesota
    Giants
    Carolina
    Houston

....all with black QB's in the game. Is this a record?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Always got the feeling Darren McFadde didn't really have any passion for the game. He was happy making his $$$$$$$ being a part time player. Play a few games, miss a few, play a few, miss.............

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dez Bryant just broke the Cowboys WR TD record once held by Bullet Bob Hayes.

Hayes was a footballer (actually a running back) who just happened to be the fastest man on earth. He was no sprinter trying to play football. At 5-11 195 he'd be a powerhouse today and STILL the fastest player in the NFL.

While at Florida A&M (Willie Galimore) his running back partner was Bob Paremore he was a 9.4 cat and ran on the 4x1 team with Hayes (Al Denson a future Bronco WR on the team). We have never seen more speed in any backfield since then.

The Cowboys making a receiver out of The Bullet. He held about a dozen sprint WR's in his day.

Only one white sprinter ever beat Hayes who? Beat him in an indoor 60.

http://trackfield.brinkster.net/Prof...&EventCode=MA0

His indoor 60 WR's not listed.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    translation

Come in Avante, could ya cool all that and just brag on a team and over react? Run players down over..a...game. That's what we do here, ok? Keep it simple.

By the way who was Bob Hayes?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Cluck Cluck

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    translation

You were right again, yep, my Raiders not ready for prime time this year. How do ya do that?

Thread Information