Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Todays Alabama team would totally manhandle those Lombardi Packer teams of the 60's, they would destroy them. Todays players are far bigger, faster and stronger. Jim Taylor and Paul Hornung couldn't break 4.6 in a 40 and neither could Carroll Dale and Boyd Dowler their WR's. Willie Wood and Herb Adderley vs 4.4 cats, not good.

There are HS lines today that are bigger than those 70's Steelers lines. And HS kids far faster than Swann and Stallworth.

So we can play....dominance of era....and that will work and really is how it should be done, what we can't do is try and say someone back in the day is better than these cats today.

Don Hutson was the most dominant player for his position in football history, his numbers were three times better than his fellow receivers, he was on a whole other level. While at Alabama he ran a 9.8 100 yard dash, that was cooking in his day especially for a white cat, but......that is a 10.8ish 100m today, Tyreek Hill runs a 10.1.

So when I see somebody trying to compare eras, why?

I will say this.....Bob Hayes would have been the fastest players every single season, there has never been anyone on an NFL field faster, his 10.06 on a dirt track in 1964. WOW~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darrel Greens 10.08 was ran under far better conditions. Deion Sanders never broke 10.26.
    Last edited by Avante; 12-21-2017 at 02:21 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Hopefully Jared Goff, Blake Bortles have shown the rookies why I preach...slow down. Look at the improvements.

Sometimes it will take some time for a guy to get it, not everyone is Big Ben, Russell Wilson.

Give these guys three seasons, if it isn't working heading into season four, ok now it's....?????

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Hopefully Jared Goff, Blake Bortles have shown the rookies why I preach...slow down. Look at the improvements.

Sometimes it will take some time for a guy to get it, not everyone is Big Ben, Russell Wilson.

Give these guys three seasons, if it isn't working heading into season four, ok now it's....?????
    But you still defend Osweiler.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    But you still defend Osweiler.
    I defend everybody, only rookies .....HE SUCKED....without giving a cat some time.

Heading into his 4th (I think it was ) season O.J.Simpson was getting....bust???? then guess what? Carl Garrett a RB out of New Mexico Highland (Pats) was the Rookie of the Year in Simpson's rookie season, what happened to him? RGIII a rookie of year, what happened?

What is so hard about simply slowing down and see how things go, what ;s the big rush to.....HE SUCKS..HE'S GREAT?

Hall of Famers....John Unitas, Len Dawson, Steve Largent, Don Maynard were all cut.

I will say.....check out Tyreek Hill....because of the potential.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I defend everybody, only rookies .....HE SUCKED....without giving a cat some time.

Heading into his 4th (I think it was ) season O.J.Simpson was getting....bust???? then guess what? Carl Garrett a RB out of New Mexico Highland (Pats) was the Rookie of the Year in Simpson's rookie season, what happened to him? RGIII a rookie of year, what happened?

What is so hard about simply slowing down and see how things go, what ;s the big rush to.....HE SUCKS..HE'S GREAT?

Hall of Famers....John Unitas, Len Dawson, Steve Largent, Don Maynard were all cut.

I will say.....check out Tyreek Hill....because of the potential.
    How many seasons do you want to give Osweiler?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How many seasons do you want to give Osweiler?
    He's been in too many different systems to close the door on him. If ya knew the game you'd know this.

I do get the feel he's not going to be a starting a QB. But, I have no reason to.....HE SUCKS...knowing what I do about this game.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He's been in too many different systems to close the door on him. If ya knew the game you'd know this.

I do get the feel he's not going to be a starting a QB. But, I have no reason to.....HE SUCKS...knowing what I do about this game.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I simply get how important time is in all sports, as ya mature you'll figure things out.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I simply get how important time is in all sports, as ya mature you'll figure things out.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Why this need to act stupid?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    He's been in too many different systems to close the door on him.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Well we found out just what Russell Wilson can do without an offensive line or a running game and a less than GRRRRRRR D. How about...

Another NFL record.....most TD passes in the 4th quarter in a season.

He was 18 yards short of another 4000/30/500 season, yep, another NFL record he owns.

He led the NFL with 34 TD passes. (3 rushing-37)

Another pro bowl.

No QB in history has won more games in their first six seasons than Russell Wilson.

Now with a stud running game. a monster D.....Superbowl winner, without any of that....NFL TD leader, MVP talk. Taking his passing and rushing yards, who had more, well?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-03-2018 at 12:17 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Well we found out just what Russell Wilson can do without an offensive line or a running game and a less than GRRRRRRR D. How about...

Another NFL record.....most TD passes in the 4th quarter in a season.

He was 18 yards short of another 4000/30/500 season, yep, another NFL record he owns.

He led the NFL with 34 TD passes. (3 rushing-37)

Another pro bowl.

No QB in history has won more games in their first six seasons than Russell Wilson.

Now with a stud running game. a monster D.....Superbowl winner, without any of that....NFL TD leader, MVP talk. Taking his passing and rushing yards, who had more, well?
    Who gives a if you don't make the playoffs. Being behind and throwing passes on prevent D. Big deal. He's got one Superbowl. Just like Doug Williams.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Who gives a if you don't make the playoffs. Being behind and throwing passes on prevent D. Big deal. He's got one Superbowl. Just like Doug Williams.
    Well let's see....

Philip Rivers
    John Unitas
    Fran Tarkenton
    Jim Kelly
    Dan Fouts
    Matt Ryan
    Matthew Stafford
    Cam Newton
    Dan Marino
    Tony Romo
    Warren Moon

...never won a SB.

Wilson the only black QB to play in two SB's.

Wilson the only 4000/30/500 QB, and the only back to back 100 ratings in his first two seasons. (one pass away from havlng the second 4000/30/500 season in history)

In 2015 he led the NFL with his 110.1 rating and this season he leads the NFL with his 34 TD's.

How many pro bowls has the guy been voted to?

So who won more games in their first six seasons than Russell Wilson, yep, nobody.

If we take playoff success, stats, winning, who did it better with six seasons of NFL experience, well?

Just think, all these playoff teams ....

Jags
    ans
    Chiefs
    Panthers
    Vikes
    Eagles
    Falcons
    Rams
    Bills

....would rather have Russell Wilson running the show.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-04-2018 at 12:28 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    1000 yard rushers while a Niner.

Joe Perry Compton JC...first black to have a 1000 yard season (first player to have consecutive 100 yard seasons)
    J.D.Smith NCA&T...first HBCU athlete to have a 1000 yard season
    Delvin Williams Kansas
    Wendell Tyler UCLA
    Roger Craig Nebraska
    Garrison Hearst Georgia
    Charlie Gardner Tenn
    Ricky Watters ND
    Frank Gore Miami

Niner legend and the best "white" RB ever Hugh "King" McElhenny (HOFer) never had a 1000 yard season. Here we had a speedy, elusive, agile white RB, yep...unique.

The Niners were the team that took the Shotgun formation to a new level.

Only team to ever have a player block a field goal while standing under the goal posts. (former Idaho basketballer R.C.Owens)

Only team to have three future HOF RB's all there together. (HOF QB also)

Only team to have a world record holding hurdler (Renaldo Nehemiah) and a world record holding sprinter (Ray Norton).

A legendary franchise with a lot of history.

One of their many forgotten studs....Abe Woodson******

Wiki

As a kick returner, there were few who were better. Of all kick returners in NFL history, his average of 28.7 yards per return is well ahead of any others who have returned over 5000 yards worth of kicks. He had 193 returns for 5538 yards. He was also dangerous on punt returns, averaging 9 yards a return in his prime with the 49ers. He ranks 21st in career return yards, and his 28.7 average yards per return still ranks 4th all time. Combining his punt and kick return yards, he ranks 34th.

****** Stud hurdler while at Illinois
    Last edited by Avante; 01-04-2018 at 01:34 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Just think, all these playoff teams ....

Jags
    ans
    Chiefs
    Panthers
    Vikes
    Eagles
    Falcons
    Rams
    Bills

....would rather have Russell Wilson running the show.
    Doubtful

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Saw one of those football talk shows today. Kurt Warners top five QB;s for 2017....Wilson number five. The public had Wilson at number four. He is in another pro bowl.

Why would any of those teams prefer the QB they have over Russell Wilson (obviously talking if he had the time to learn the system, yep...fantasy)

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So I'm watching UCF playing Auburn, when this UCF cat comes out of nowhere to...WHAM! I thought...damn! Then a couple plays later here comes this guy out of nowhere to ...WHAM!...the QB. Then I notice.......the guy is missing a hand.

I've seen a lot of football, this is a first. And, this is a real player, I have no doubts he gets an NFL look.

Dempsey was just a kicker.

Cal/Jets receiver Wesley Walker (9.5 sprinter) was legally blind in one eye. Great player.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    This is what the fastest HS kid in the nation looks like playing football.

Putting his 10.15 in perspective, the great Bob Hayes ran a 10.06 to win an Olympic gold medal.

The Rams have the nations top (while in HS) HS 400m cat in Robert Woods (passed on track at USC) and a Florida State 200m champ in Sammy Watkins catching footballs. Todd Gurley a HS hurdler. Austin also a track guy.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-05-2018 at 01:41 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Saw one of those football talk shows today. Kurt Warners top five QB;s for 2017....Wilson number five. The public had Wilson at number four. He is in another pro bowl.

Why would any of those teams prefer the QB they have over Russell Wilson (obviously talking if he had the time to learn the system, yep...fantasy)
    You have to look at each of those teams separately and their schemes. I agree that several would rather have Wilson. But why would the Falcons with that running game (and talented receivers) want a bail out QB? Or the Rams and Eagles who have what looks like a true star QB?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This is what the fastest HS kid in the nation looks like playing football.

Putting his 10.15 in perspective, the great Bob Hayes ran a 10.06 to win an Olympic gold medal.

The Rams have the nations top (while in HS) HS 400m cat in Robert Woods (passed on track at USC) and a Florida State 200m champ in Sammy Watkins catching footballs. Todd Gurley a HS hurdler. Austin also a track guy.
    He looks great. But take into account, he goes to a small school and is playing other small schools.

His speed speaks for itself and he looks like a great college prospect.

But don't put too much in watching videos of him playing schools that might have only a few hundred high school students.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You have to look at each of those teams separately and their schemes. I agree that several would rather have Wilson. But why would the Falcons with that running game (and talented receivers) want a bail out QB? Or the Rams and Eagles who have what looks like a true star QB?
    Imagine the Falcons, Rams adding a mobile QB as just another weapon. Anytime a D faces a guy ho can hurt you with his legs, it's now.....run? pass? that is a whole other deal than knowing it's a pass.

Wilson is more accompished than any of the QB's on the teams I mentioned.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He looks great. But take into account, he goes to a small school and is playing other small schools.

His speed speaks for itself and he looks like a great college prospect.

But don't put too much in watching videos of him playing schools that might have only a few hundred high school students.
    And Hall of Famers Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Charlie Joiner, Willie Brown, Aeneas Williams, Buck Buchanon, Deacon Jones, Leroy Kelly, Shannon Sharpe, Willie Davis, Bob Hayes all played for HBCU schools. Ya know those teams that lose to LSU, Arkansas, etc 70-10. , Terrell Owens Chattanooga, the Raiders first 1000 yard rusher Clem Daneils played at Prairie View, the Chiefs greatest WR Otis Taylor also Prairie View. The Niners first 1000 yard rusher Joe Perry....Compton JC.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Imagine the Falcons, Rams adding a mobile QB as just another weapon. Anytime a D faces a guy ho can hurt you with his legs, it's now.....run? pass? that is a whole other deal than knowing it's a pass.

Wilson is more accompished than any of the QB's on the teams I mentioned.
    If you've already got weapons and a good QB, there's no reason to subject him to the potential injuries associated with being a runner. That's a recipe for short lived success.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    And Hall of Famers Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Charlie Joiner, Willie Brown, Aeneas Williams, Buck Buchanon, Deacon Jones, Leroy Kelly, Shannon Sharpe, Willie Davis, Bob Hayes all played for HBCU schools. Ya know those teams that lose to LSU, Arkansas, etc 70-10. , Terrell Owens Chattanooga, the Raiders first 1000 yard rusher Clem Daneils played at Prairie View, the Chiefs greatest WR Otis Taylor also Prairie View. The Niners first 1000 yard rusher Joe Perry....Compton JC.
    what???? you just posted a video of a high school kid and now you want to talk about kids from black colleges?

Was trying to have a normal conversation with you but you're too re ed.

Thread Information