Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    UNT, you are released from the bet. I had a few days of fun with it, which should be all it was about. Only some freak like this benefactor weirdo gets all wrapped up in this silliness.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    John Ross a 4.22, that is the fastest time ever ran at the combine.

He had high school PRs of 10.66 seconds in the 100m and 21.56 in the 200m.

Classic example of a guy with a great burst and accelleration. But.....like most footballers he lacks the needed SE to cook a great 100m. World class sprinters are able to maintain/sustain a large % of their max velocity, something footballers can't do. Yep, the training involved.
    Last edited by Avante; 03-04-2017 at 10:19 PM.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I think their bigger need at receiver is someone who can deal with physical corners (which they'll have with Floyd)....the reason they got shut down in the first half is because Edelman/Hogan/Amendola were getting manhandled and couldn't run their routes. Outside of Moss Brady has never done well with deep threat receivers.
    Well they're apparently going after Brandin Cooks, who is short and can't beat physical coverage at least he's got some breakaway speed tbh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Well they're apparently going after Brandin Cooks, who is short and can't beat physical coverage at least he's got some breakaway speed tbh
    I read the Saints rejected that trade which is a good thing imo.

I'm praying they make something work with Brandon Marshall. That's the perfect scenario imo.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Every team needs a burner who can back off safeties. A guy the D knows can score from 90 out.

Edelman/Amendola more quick than fast and Hogan isn't all that speedy.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Every team needs a burner who can back off safeties. A guy the D knows can score from 90 out.

the patriots just won a superbowl without one

lol "every team needs"

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

The pats have won 2 of the last 3 superbowls without one.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The pats have won 2 of the last 3 superbowls without one.
    Brady threw 50td's the first season with Moss, has never had even 40 after Moss.

And, as ya know the Seahawks hand off to Lynch, the Pats lose. And 25 down to the Falcons. You really don't think Moss would have made a difference?

I was a cornerback (both ways in HS). Totally different deal facing a guy you know can really run. I faced Clim Jackson (world class hurdler to be at UCLA) when he was at Delano, he burned me twice on straight line jets.

Everybody knew nobody could run with Bob Hayes, so you had to use a safety to pick him up once he blew by the cornerback. That is one less player defending the run.
    Last edited by Avante; 03-06-2017 at 02:26 AM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Brady threw 50td's the first season with Moss, has never had even 40 after Moss.

And, as ya know the Seahawks hand off to Lynch, the Pats lose. And 25 down to the Falcons. You really don't think Moss would have made a difference?

I was a cornerback (both ways in HS). Totally different deal facing a guy you know can really run. I faced Clim Jackson (world class hurdler to be at UCLA) when he was at Delano, he burned me twice on straight line jets.

Everybody knew nobody could run with Bob Hayes, so you had to use a safety to pick him up once he blew by the cornerback. That is one less player defending the run.
    brady didnt win with moss and he won 3 before him

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Shoulda, woulda, coulda

The Pats have still won 2 of the last 3 superbowls without a deep threat receiver.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Shoulda, woulda, coulda

The Pats have still won 2 of the last 3 superbowls without a deep threat receiver.
    I don't play that, I go with how things really are. A guy trips at the start of a 100m and loses to a teammate he's beat a 100 times, did he lose, yes....but. The USA has a 10m advantage in the 4x1 relay, a pulled hammy....we lose. Starting QB gets knocked out of the game in the lst quarter, they lose by 1 point......see how it works?

I like context..ok? Brady had his best season when he had a speed receiver, that is a fact. Speed receivers scare defenses, that is a fact. Why wasn't Jerry Rice drafted higher, yep....slow 40?

A 40 time means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for receivers, why?
    Last edited by Avante; 03-06-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The Browns and Tyrod Taylor, hmmmm?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    World class speed at the wide receiver position.

Not talking the Joey Galoways or Mike Wallace or the Ted Ginns who never really did anything on the world track stage. There guys were all great sprinters who did do things on the world stage.

Bob Hayes, but wasn't a wide receiver until he got to Dallas, was a RB at FAMU. HOFer.
    Cliff Branch, ran a 9.2 numerous times while at Colorado.
    Sam Graddy, won the Olympic silver medal in the 100m in 1984.10.09PR.
    Ron Brown took 4th in that above mention race. 10.06 cat.
    Willie Gault 10.10 while at Tennessee.
    James Jett WV, a 4x1 Olympic gold (ran the heats) 10.16.
    Jacoby Ford a 10.01 while ar Clemson.

Would you believe the only one there who was never a Raider is Hayes?

Both Larry Burton and Gerald Tinker ran 9.3 and were Olympians, and while legit footballers, they didn't do much at the NFL level. Neither a Raider, ha~~~

These guys were all Olympic sprinters who were more experiments that didn't work.

Frank Budd Villanova
    Ray Norton SJS
    Tommie Smith SJS
    Jimmy Hines TSU

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Malcolm Mitc is their "burner". Granted he's not in the game in most of their heavy packages but that's to be expected.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Malcolm Mitc is their "burner". Granted he's not in the game in most of their heavy packages but that's to be expected.
    Mitc is a 4.45 guy, that scares nobody.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Tony Romo a Bronco???

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tony Romo a Bronco???
    I traded him there right before starting my Madden franchise, seems wise now

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I traded him there right before starting my Madden franchise, seems wise now

So this guy plays Madden football, he starts to notice the out come of his league is the exact same results in the real NFL.....hmmmm?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So this guy plays Madden football, he starts to notice the out come of his league is the exact same results in the real NFL.....hmmmm?
    I'm the Eagles and i'm currently 1-10, I simmed the first season (6-10 for me, Pats won the SB just like in real life) and traded away a bunch of guys for draft picks and a few players, and have a bunch of rookies starting particularly on defense and the receiving corps. Jason Peters and Alan Barbre retired so my OL is Lane Johnson and a bunch of scrubs, too. Wentz missed some time to injury.

Don't worry, it'll get better though.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tony Romo will be released tomorrow. Damn, couldn't even get a single draft pick for him? Smh.
    Last edited by BatManu20; 03-08-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Tony Romo will be released tomorrow. Damn, couldn't even get a single traffic for him? Smh.
    Broncos or Texans? At least he'll be in the AFC.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Broncos or Texans? At least he'll be in the AFC.
    My guess is Denver but either is a great spot. A QB away from being legit SB contenders.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    My guess is Denver but either is a great spot. A QB away from being legit SB contenders.
    I just can't see him lasting until playoff time. If I'm him I'm calling it a career.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    When talking the classic.....

Possesion receiver....great route runner, great hands.
    Speed receiver...usually a HS/college track guy.
    TE...too big for cornerbacks, too fast for backers

...hard to beat the Raiders and.

Fred Biletnikoff
    Cliff Branch
    Dave Casper

Biletnikoff and Casper in the HOF, Branch should be.
    Last edited by Avante; 03-12-2017 at 01:17 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The first real speed receiver?

A case can be mafe for Don Hutson who could run a 9.8 at a time before black cornerbacks.Then there was the 1952 NCAA 100 champ Bob Boyd out of Loyola, who as a Ram had over 1000 yards way back then. I go with him as the first really fast receiver. Obviously Bob Hayes is still the classic speed receiver just not the first.

Thread Information