Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Stewart moves like molasses these days... he's 31. He got 3, 5, or 8 yards seemingly every time he got the ball in 2015. Not the case last year. He just couldn't move. Which meant, 2nd down, 3rd down, Newton drop back, hang in the pocket... WHAM, thud!
    Jerome Bettis is in the HOF with a career avg of 3.9. John Riggins is in the HOF with a career avg of 3.9. What did Stewart average in 2016.....3.8.

You don't brinig in a speedster to go banging into NFL lines. Why would ya do that?

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jerome Bettis is in the HOF with a career avg of 3.9. John Riggins is in the HOF with a career avg of 3.9. What did Stewart average in 2016.....3.8.

You don't brinig in a speedster to go banging into NFL lines. Why would ya do that?
    McCaffrey isn't a scat back/pure "speedster" though. You draft those in the 3rd or 4th round. You draft the McCaffrey, Cook, Mixon types early... look at Zeke and Fournette, even Darren McFadden. The ones you draft early you count on to play 3 downs in the backfield and get a consistent 3-6 ypc between the tackles and convert the 3rd and 1's... usually between the tackles.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    McCaffrey isn't a scat back/pure "speedster" though. You draft those in the 3rd or 4th round. You draft the McCaffrey, Cook, Mixon types early... look at Zeke and Fournette, even Darren McFadden. The ones you draft early you count on to play 3 downs in the backfield and get a consistent 3-6 ypc between the tackles and convert the 3rd and 1's... usually between the tackles.
    If you think the Panthers brought McCaffrey in to be the bell cow....wrong~~~~~~ They could have got a bigger stronger back for that. This guy is there to make the big play, back safeties off the line. SCORE~!!!!!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If you think the Panthers brought McCaffrey in to be the bell cow....wrong~~~~~~ They could have got a bigger stronger back for that. This guy is there to make the big play, back safeties off the line. SCORE~!!!!!
    So basically Tyreek Hill minus the freak speed? Okay...

I could definitely see a lot of "split" backfield shotgun snaps with Stew and McCaffrey flanking Newton... but that could mean a big disadvantage in the passing game. How well does having two backs back there fare against the blitz?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So basically Tyreek Hill minus the freak speed? Okay...

I could definitely see a lot of "split" backfield shotgun snaps with Stew and McCaffrey flanking Newton... but that could mean a big disadvantage in the passing game. How well does having two backs back there fare against the blitz?
    I expect to see just that. Both backs in with McCaffrey being the....???? How do ya blitz knowing all Newton has to do is dump it off?

McCaffrey ...might....hit off tackle, Hill....nay~~~~

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I expect to see just that. Both backs in with McCaffrey being the....???? How do ya blitz knowing all Newton has to do is dump it off?

McCaffrey ...might....hit off tackle, Hill....nay~~~~
    I'm excited to see the triple-shovel-option type plays from the Panthers this year. You know how Cam loves his college offense. Call it a quad option because Cam can always tuck it and make a throw, too. McCaffrey is smart, maybe has a good enough arm to make a few throws out of that, too. The number of obscure and trick play combinations are endless in Carolina. But their OL is still a big concern.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'm excited to see the triple-shovel-option type plays from the Panthers this year. You know how Cam loves his college offense. Call it a quad option because Cam can always tuck it and make a throw, too. McCaffrey is smart, maybe has a good enough arm to make a few throws out of that, too. The number of obscure and trick play combinations are endless in Carolina. But their OL is still a big concern.
    Yep, that is why McCaffrey is there. He is not a thick legged banger that scares nobody. He will have to be defended differently and this puts a stress on any D. I expect to see him all over the field, in a mul ude of formations. Yep, a brand new toy.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yep, that is why McCaffrey is there. He is not a thick legged banger that scares nobody. He will have to be defended differently and this puts a stress on any D. I expect to see him all over the field, in a mul ude of formations. Yep, a brand new toy.
    Belichick would have tried to trade up to draft him if they didn't trade their farm for Brandin Cooks. Yep.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Belichick would have tried to trade up to draft him if they didn't trade their farm for Brandin Cooks. Yep.
    The NFL adores speed. That list of sub 9.5yards/10.30m is a mile long.

, look at the impact Tyreek Hill made. And the Chiefs have had...

Stone Johnson an Oly sprinter
    Ken Thomas a 10.0
    Sammie Parker 10.17
    Joe Delaney 9.4

Belichick would have been foaming at the mouth.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The NFL adores speed. That list of sub 9.5yards/10.30m is a mile long.

, look at the impact Tyreek Hill made. And the Chiefs have had...

Stone Johnson an Oly sprinter
    Ken Thomas a 10.0
    Sammie Parker 10.17
    Joe Delaney 9.4

Belichick would have been foaming at the mouth.
    oh well, they can still get him in 5 years, the Pats can... but at least one of Edelman/Amendola will have retired, and we don't know how much Brady will have left in the tank by then.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    oh well, they can still get him in 5 years, the Pats can... but at least one of Edelman/Amendola will have retired, and we don't know how much Brady will have left in the tank by then.
    If the Panthers do use McCaffrey as a line banger after five seasons his speed won't be the same.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Most RB's are thick/muscular, and while they have a great burst and 20ishm few can go the distance because they can't outrun DB's. When we find a RB with enought speed to go 80 this is a rarity/special. So ya do all ya can to put him in positions to use that speed, get the guy out in space.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    For me the first sign of the return of football are the college mags now on the Newstand, the NFL mags out in early June. It will take me about a month to disect all the info in that Street & Smith. All of college football is covered, all of it, even the JC scene.

C.J.Spiller is now a Chief. No team has had more speedy RB's than the Chiefs.

How many weeks before Tom Savage is riding the bench?

Will RGIII play football in 2017?

The QB situation

Chiefs....solid
    Raiders...future great
    Broncos...yawn
    Chargers...future HOF???
    Colts...regressing
    Texans....a work in progress
    ans...best QB in division?
    Jags...a mistake?
    Steelers...HOF
    Browns....who cares?
    Ravens...average
    Bengals...can't win a big game.
    Pats...GOAT
    Jets...who is their QB?
    Bills...hmmm?
    Dolphins....just there
    Niners....how did we ever get like this?
    Rams...in trouble
    Cards...need a change
    Seahawks.....winningest QB ever after five seasons
    Giants...worst good QB ever
    Eagles...has potential
    Cowboys...future great???
    Redskins....good
    Saints...HOF
    Buc's...on his way up
    Falcons...good on the verge of great?
    Panthers...brain can't match body
    Lions...good
    Bears....poor Bears
    Vikings...where's Fran when ya need him?
    Packers...best QB in the NFC.
    Last edited by Avante; 05-26-2017 at 01:34 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Marshawn Lynch on the Raiders back when they had Lyle Azado, Jack Tatum, George Atkinson, Kenny "Snake" Stabler. Very cool~~~

J.D.Smith a cornerback from NCA&T was converted to a RB when it got to my Niners, he was the first 1000 yard rusher from an HBCU school. Now NCA&T has another NFL RB...Tarik "Human Joystick" Cohen, this cat is amazing.

I'm predicting right now that if Marshall gets too much action with the Giants, we are going to be seeing a spoiled brat Odell Beckmam Jr.

Be ready to hear a lot about Hugh "The King" McElhenny in Panthers games, who can tell me why?

How dumb was Keapernick? He didn't know what was going to happen to him? Sure, we heard all the right things but it was all bull . You stand for the National Anthem, your personal bull .
    Last edited by Avante; 06-02-2017 at 01:59 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The NFL Network is showing a replay of that Panthers vs Giants game where Beckman and Norman squared off. It's...one of the greatest games.....huh???? The only reason the game is being shown....Norman vs Beckham.

Sheesh~~~

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The NFL Network is showing a replay of that Panthers vs Giants game where Beckman and Norman squared off. It's...one of the greatest games.....huh???? The only reason the game is being shown....Norman vs Beckham.

Sheesh~~~
    It would have been great if the Giants hadn't given up that late field goal to lose and instead won it in OT with a crazy OBJ catch being the deciding play of the game.

Remember, the Panthers were undefeated at the time, the Giants were fighting to get into the playoffs and the score was 35-7 Panthers at one point late in the third quarter. If the Giants had came back to win that game, and made a serious playoff run that year... would have gone down as one of the best RS games ever.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Check out Cards RB T.J.Logan tonight, some serious quicks.

But....please don't play this stupid rookie bull , if he doesn't play well, ok?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Check out Cards RB T.J.Logan tonight, some serious quicks.

But....please don't play this stupid rookie bull , if he doesn't play well, ok?
    That RB in the first quarter was pretty special. AZ started 15-0 but Dallas defense was too good after that

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    That RB in the first quarter was pretty special. AZ started 15-0 but Dallas defense was too good after that
    Nobody cares about the outcome in these games.

Checking out the new guys is what this is about.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The Colts sign former Olympic sprinter Marvin Bracy. He will be he second*** sub 10.00 sprinter in pro football history if he makes the team, he was a great HS player.

*** Jim Hines from Texas Southern was histories first sub10.00 and the 1968 Olympic champion, but, he was no footballer. Yep....fail.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Keep an eye on this kid, he was a former Cali State 100m champ. Now a an.

Sometime during the season you will hear some announcer....he has world class speed.....for Muhammad and fellow an Adoree Jackson.....while speedy footballers, neither has.....world class...speed, that would be sub 10.10.

Tyreek Hill has WC speed because of his 20.14 200m. 20.09 won the Worlds. Above mentioned Marvin Bracy is the fasstest man in football if he makes a roster. He is a former Olympian.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-18-2017 at 02:03 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Keep an eye on this kid, he was a former Cali State 100m champ. Now a an.

Sometime during the season you will hear some announcer....he has world class speed.....for Muhammad and fellow an Adoree Jackson.....while speedy footballers, neither has.....world class...speed, that would be sub 10.10.

Tyreek Hill has WC speed because of his 20.14 200m. 20.09 won the Worlds. Above mentioned Marvin Bracy is the fasstest man in football if he makes a roster. He is a former Olympian.
    Holy . Are you telling me that I could have had a shot at being a NFL wide receiver? I had great hands and my 20 time puts me up there with Hill. TBH though, I'm not sure if I have the quick twitch or strength to get off the line and finish the route. But now you've got me wondering if I should have taken my athletic career more seriously.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Above mentioned Marvin Bracy is the fasstest man in football if he makes a roster. He is a former Olympian.
    Special teams fodder.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Holy . Are you telling me that I could have had a shot at being a NFL wide receiver? I had great hands and my 20 time puts me up there with Hill. TBH though, I'm not sure if I have the quick twitch or strength to get off the line and finish the route. But now you've got me wondering if I should have taken my athletic career more seriously.
    This is what is going to happen, I'm going to ask you what 100m time would a guy who can run a 20.00 have to have to make a 20.00 possible. You will do everything/anything but give me a legit answer because you know...0....about this stuff becaue you never even ran track.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Special teams fodder.
    I could list 100 NCAA sprinters who became legit NFL players.

Thread Information