My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Just so UNT can't do it

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If the guy hadn't ran his mouth like he did, I was going to tell him to shine it, and praise him for having the balls that nobody else here had. But when he started getting punkish about it, him.

I was 100% positive somebody would do what you did.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So who was it that beat Tom Brady at home in 2016? And also beat Matt Ryan?

Yep, Russell Wilson who is a Marshawn Lynch two yard run from being 3-0 vs the GOAT.

~~~~~

As we saw the GRONK really isn't all that important. What was their record without him?

When was the last time we saw three (since 1960) stud white receivers on a team? Those Lombardi Packer teams had the dependable Carroll Dale, the speedster (college hurdler) Boyd Dowler, and Max McGee. Never had an x-QB, a lacrosse player turn footballer and an Amendola.

Packers also had two HOF to be white backs in Jim Taylor and Paul Hornung.

~~~~~~~~

Nice to see those HBCU schools get some love.

Let me add...Histories first legal sub 10.00 100m......Jimmy Hines Texas Southern

Histories first sub indoor sub 6.0 60.....Bullet Bob Hayes Florida A&M

Hines did try pro football, sucked. Hayes was a footballler first, was a running back in college.

I won't go off into just how big an impact those schools have made on track, trust me it's huge.

All Time HBCU

QB...Steve McNair Alcorn
    RB...Walter Payton Jackson St
    RB....Leroy Kelly Morgan St
    WR...Jerry Rice MVS
    WR....Bob Hayes FAMU****
    TE...Shannon Sharpe Savannah St

All but McNair in the HOF.

**** Could have HOFers Charlie Joiner/John Stallworth there, but Hayes was the ultimate "speed receiver" among the HBCU.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-06-2017 at 03:07 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Just so UNT can't do it
    Doin the Lord's work

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Right now these teams have the best QB in their franchise history.

Saints...Drew Brees
    Panthers...Cam Newton
    Falcons...Matt Ryan
    Giants...Eli Manning
    Seahawks...Russell Wilson
    Packers...Aaron Rodgers
    Lions...Matthew Stafford
    Chargers...Phillip Rivers
    Steelers....Big Ben
    Pats...Tom Brady
    Ravens...Joe Flacco

Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What an old miserable got .... bragging about Russel Wilsons irrelevant regular season wins against Brady and Ryan

You sir, are a sucking got.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What an old miserable got .... bragging about Russel Wilsons irrelevant regular season wins against Brady and Ryan

You sir, are a sucking got.
    Aren't you the little who had a power rankings thread for THE REGULAR SEASON? Aren't you the little talking up the Vikings because of REGULAR SEASON exploits?

you ya little .

Wilson beat the SB MVP QB and the NFL MVP QB in the same season, who else can say that?

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    I'll make you a deal UNT. If you stop posting forever...I'll take you off ignore.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I own the three Tecmo games.

So Sunday morning I go out to my Fortress of Solitude to play a game. As ya know ya play a schedule, well I;ll be damn, are you kidding me? Patriots vs Falcons......what are the odds of that happening?

Well the Falcons are kicking my ass (I'm the Pats), I'm down 21-0, would ya believe I came back to win in OT 34-28?

Obvious bull , but what if..............

Aren't you the little who had a power rankings thread for THE REGULAR SEASON? Aren't you the little talking up the Vikings because of REGULAR SEASON exploits?

you ya little .

Wilson beat the SB MVP QB and the NFL MVP QB in the same season, who else can say that?
    Ghaz

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Did you bet Patriots live, tbh? It nearly covered like 50% of my losses in NFL this year

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Just think the Pats won without GRONK and no speed receiver. They get a stud pass rusher and a burner on the outside..........ouch~~~....for the NFL.

I have this little theory about why Belichick likes white receivers, they aren't selfish and all..LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME. Talking now. Yes I know..Moss.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Just think the Pats won without GRONK and no speed receiver. They get a stud pass rusher and a burner on the outside..........ouch~~~....for the NFL.

I have this little theory about why Belichick likes white receivers, they aren't selfish and all..LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME. Talking now. Yes I know..Moss.
    Imagine them with a healthy Gronk + Michael Floyd with a full off-season to learn the offense and build chemistry with Brady. It'd be the most complete group of receivers Brady has ever had. We also never saw the combo of Gronk + Bennett at full strength this year.

Their defense imo still has a hole to fill at linebacker to replace Jamie Collins. They were getting shredded by stretch plays that Jamie Collins would have eaten alive but none of their current linebackers are quick enough to get to the edge.

Their offensive line is also massively overrated and only played well in the 4th quarter because of how tired Atlanta's defense was.

Belichick loves white receivers because it makes him look like even more of a genius IMO

Their most reliable receivers in the SB were probably White(RB, but still) and Mitc , though IMO..Edelman was shaky for a large portion of the game(still a good WR, though)..

And ya, I agree that New England's defense isn't very good..they had the #1 opposing PPG ranking, but advanced metrics had them somewhere in the 16-20th range, which is more accurate..I would probably focus more on defense, if I was Belichick..

The rumors of trading Gronk are crazy, though IMO..

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Belichick loves white receivers because it makes him look like even more of a genius IMO
    I do doubt the guy ever thinks of any of that stuff.

With a few exceptions like Alworth, Don Maynard, Roger Carr, Sonny Randle most white guys simply don't have that seperating type down field speed. What they do have have is great quicks and burst in a short distance and are smart and not all wrapped up in ME ME ME. With a great passer like Brady that works.

I don't think he actually thinks about it either, but I wouldn't be surprised

I don't completely buy the other narrative, though..Belichick has never cared about off-field issues, IIRC..as long as you can play, he doesn't seem to care about personality..Hernandez, Moss, just signed Floyd after a bad DUI..didn't Corey Dilllon have some locker room problems prior to joining them, too? They signed Tebow, despite the circus and distraction that accompanies him..

I've always appreciated that about Belichick, he doesn't pretend like football is a church full of good values unlike many, he doesn't seem to be oblivious to the fact that this is a sport where players are having their lives shortened..

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    And ya, I agree that New England's defense isn't very good..they had the #1 opposing PPG ranking, but advanced metrics had them somewhere in the 16-20th range, which is more accurate..I would probably focus more on defense, if I was Belichick..

The rumors of trading Gronk are crazy, though IMO..
    They do need a 4.3 type receiver to back off defenders. I doubt they have a sub 4.5 guy right now.

BUT....yep, defense comes first, yep, just middle of the pack right now.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I don't think he actually thinks about it either, but I wouldn't be surprised

I don't completely buy the other narrative, though..Belichick has never cared about off-field issues, IIRC..as long as you can play, he doesn't seem to care about personality..
    There is noway Belichick is putting up with anyone all wrapped up in...LOOK AT ME. Ever notice we never see any Pats acting like deranged monkies out there.

There is noway Belichick is putting up with anyone all wrapped up in...LOOK AT ME. Ever notice we never see any Pats acting like deranged monkies out there.
    I think that's because of their culture, though..whenever the Patriots sign a player with a bad reputation, you never hear about that player causing problems in the locker room IIRC..

Everybody that signs there knows the deal, immediately..look at Legarratte Blount, he was viewed as a problem in Pittsburgh, yet he goes to New England and man is in love with Brady and Belichick

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I think that's because of their culture, though..whenever the Patriots sign a player with a bad reputation, you never hear about that player causing problems in the locker room IIRC..

Everybody that signs there knows the deal, immediately..
    Yep, and who let's it be known they will be no bull behavior on his team? The team leaders know the deal and like ya said...........the culture.

Beckham would have already had some big lineman ....look punk, cool your or I'm kicking your little ass.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Chris McCaffrey has New England Patriot written all over him. Anyone remember Craig James?

Hmmmmm?

Brady
    GRONK
    McCaffrey
    Amondola
    Edelman
    X lacrosse player

...all on the field together. 11 white guys on an NFL offense? If just for a few plays, what a sight.

And so with that in mind, McShay projects Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey to the Patriots at 32nd overall.

“Bill Belichick and Tom Brady would have fun figuring out creative ways to utilize McCaffrey's versatile skill set,” McShay writes. “He's a true threat in both the run and pass game, finishing his college career with nearly 4,000 rushing yards and 1,206 receiving yards. He has a rare combination of vision, lateral agility and acceleration, which shows up in the return game, too.”
    Over the past two seasons, McCaffrey has averaged 26.9 touches for 183.1 yards and 1.2 touchdowns every game. He has picked up 4,577 yards from scrimmage and 29 touchdowns over 25 games. He has also served as an exception kick and punt returner.
    The 6’0, 200 pound McCaffrey could be a Matt Forte-type addition to the Patriots ofense, but would be the definition of a luxury addition. The team has James White and Dion Lewis under contract, along with D.J. Foster. Blount and Brandon Bolden would be cheap additions, too.

The Patriots would be better off addressing running back, which is an especially deep position in this draft class, in a later round and should look at added another body to the trenches.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-07-2017 at 02:04 PM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    They do need a 4.3 type receiver to back off defenders. I doubt they have a sub 4.5 guy right now.

BUT....yep, defense comes first, yep, just middle of the pack right now.
    I think their bigger need at receiver is someone who can deal with physical corners (which they'll have with Floyd)....the reason they got shut down in the first half is because Edelman/Hogan/Amendola were getting manhandled and couldn't run their routes. Outside of Moss Brady has never done well with deep threat receivers.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I think their bigger need at receiver is someone who can deal with physical corners (which they'll have with Floyd)....the reason they got shut down in the first half is because Edelman/Hogan/Amendola were getting manhandled and couldn't run their routes. Outside of Moss Brady has never done well with deep threat receivers.
    But with Moss in 2007...23td. With Brady having his best season ever. I am talking about something similiar with a guy who can motor. What other real burner did he ever have?

The sudden quicks that those white cats (Welker) possess appears to work with a guy like Brady. Not sure he'd want to change things. With that speed cat just another weapon for DC's to defend.

I know, I know, there is no other Randy Moss.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-07-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Barring injuries.

*** WC

Pats
    Dolphins
    Bills
    Jets

Ravens
    Steelers***
    Bengals
    Browns

Raiders
    Chiefs***
    Chargers
    Broncos

Colts
    ans
    Texans
    Jags

Cowboys
    Giants***
    Eagles
    Redskins

Seahawks
    Cards
    Niners
    Rams

Packers
    Vikings
    Lions
    Bears

Buc's
    Falcons***
    Panthers
    Saints

While here.

A guy on another site, talking about Packer speedster Jeff Janis becoming a Patriot. Yep, another white receiver.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-08-2017 at 03:45 AM.

Thread Information