Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I can't imagine him doing what he did anywhere else, pro wrestling is a unique market. I have no clue waht the world football league is

Was it trying to be another league like the NFL/AFC?
    Big rasslin' fan, go back to the WWWF days and "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers, Bruno Samartino, Dr. Jerry & Eddie Graham. All we have seen over the years is a lesser and lesser product with the misuse of the talent to the stupid angles. I do blame McMahon.

WFL

http://wfl.charlottehornetswfl.com/p...fl/history.php

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    As good as it gets?

QB...Tom Brady
    RB...Jim Brown
    RB...Walter Payton (fixed)
    WR...Jerry Rice
    WR...Randy Moss
    TE...GRONK
    2016 Cowboys offensive line

Defense

Steel Curtain...Steelers
    Lawrence Taylor, Butkus, Ray Lewis
    Deion Sanders, "Night Train" Lane
    Ronnie Lott, Rod Woodson

Ray Guy
    Morten Anderson
    Devin Hester
    Last edited by Avante; 02-16-2017 at 04:36 PM.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    As good as it gets?

QB...Tom Brady
    RB...Jim Brown
    RB...Barry Sanders
    WR...Jerry Rice
    WR...Randy Moss
    TE...GRONK
    2016 Cowboys offensive line

Defense

Steel Curtain...Steelers
    Lawrence Taylor, Butkus, Ray Lewis
    Deion Sanders, "Night Train" Lane
    Ronnie Lott, Rod Woodson

Ray Guy
    Morten Anderson
    Devin Hester
    I'd have to give Walter Payton the slight edge over Barry Sanders

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'd have to give Walter Payton the slight edge over Barry Sanders
    I can see that, no argument from me. Payton the better all around player.

Hmmmmmm..... , let me change it.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    2016 Cowboys OL? wasn't even the best OL in the NFL this past year! Buffalo's was better at run blocking (Tennessee was very close to Dallas as well), Green Bay's was better at pass protection... Dallas is top 5, no doubt, but they don't do well in run blocking without an elite back like Elliott or Murray, nor in pass protection with a less than mobile QB as we saw in 2015.

If you want to tell me 1990-1995 Cowboys OL is best of all time, then you have a legit case.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    2016 Cowboys OL? wasn't even the best OL in the NFL this past year! Buffalo's was better at run blocking (Tennessee was very close to Dallas as well), Green Bay's was better at pass protection... Dallas is top 5, no doubt, but they don't do well in run blocking without an elite back like Elliott or Murray, nor in pass protection with a less than mobile QB as we saw in 2015.

If you want to tell me 1990-1995 Cowboys OL is best of all time, then you have a legit case.
    Dude, if they can get a rookie RB the yards they did think what Jim Brown/Walter Payton would do? Look what they did for a rookie QB.

That OL is all this team would need.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'd love tio see McCaffrey a Patriot. He'd be perfect as a slot/runner. Belichick with a new toy.

He's not returning kicks unless it's the 4th quarter and the Pats are behind.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'd love tio see McCaffrey a Patriot. He'd be perfect as a slot/runner. Belichick with a new toy.

He's not returning kicks unless it's the 4th quarter and the Pats are behind.
    That all white offense... America, America, this is you...

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    That all white offense... America, America, this is you...
    QB...Tom Brady
    RB...Christian McCaffrey
    Slot...Julian Edelman
    Flanker...Danny Amandola
    Wide Receiver...Chris Hogan
    TE...gronk.

We have to go back to those Lombardi Packer teams with.....

QB...Bart Starr
    RB...Jim Taylor
    RB...Paul Hornung
    WR...Boyd Dowler
    WR...Carroll Dale

...to find a great white O

TE...Marv Flening was black.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Curious about McCaffreys 40 time at the combine. He's not the real burner he appears to be. I'm guessing 4.4low, a 4.38ish wouldn't shock me.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Curious about McCaffreys 40 time at the combine. He's not the real burner he appears to be. I'm guessing 4.4low, a 4.38ish wouldn't shock me.
    Like I said McCaffrey not the burner he appears to be...4.48.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The fastest sprinters/RB's in NFL history.

1.Curtis ey 10.11 Tex A&M/Colts....only NFL RB to be world ranked in the 100m.
    2.Buddy Young a USA/NCAA 100 champ in the same season. Illinois/Colts. 5-4 170
    3.Ollie Matson Olympic 400m bronze medalist, U of San Francisco. Cards/Rams..traded nine players to get him.
    4.Jamaal Charles 10.18 while at Texas, if not for football he had world class potential. Chiefs.
    5.Herschel Walker 10.23 while at Georgia, the best example there is of size with speed. Cowboys and others.
    6.Bo Jackson (lost to Walker in the SEC 60) Auburn/Raiders
    7.Travis Williams 9.3yds ASU/Packers, Rams...averaged over 40 yards a KO return one season. Known as "Roadrunner".
    8.Joe Delaney 9.4 NWLa, gained over a 1000 yds as a rookie. Drowned trying to save some kids, he couldn't swim.
    9.Michael Bennett 10.18 while at Wisconsin, Vikes and others.
    10.O.J.Simpson 9.4 while at USC. Bills.

I didn't put too much into placings after the top 5 as ya noticed.

Little Trindon Holliday did run the fastest time, a 10.00 but his exploits at RB just don't warrant a mention.

The fastest time wise athlete to ever play football was Tennessee's Leonard Scott a 9.91 guy, no footballer ever ran faster. He did get a look by the Steelers, nope~~~

Then there was Houston McTear. While at Baker HS he averaged over 13 yards a carry, and as just a junior he tied the world record with an amazing 9.0. Bummer was he was a total idiot so he couldn't get into any school other than a JC.

This is the fastest athlete to ever carry a football, Leonard Scott****

**** Bob Hayes 10.06 on a dirt track in 1964 actually superior.
    Last edited by Avante; 03-04-2017 at 02:26 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    T.J.Logan the only RB at sub 4.4.

A 10.6 is slow. Reggie Bush was running a 10.4ish in HS.

Former Raider RB's Napolean Kaufman and Justin Fargas Cali State 100m champs, both 10.4 guys.
    Last edited by Avante; 03-04-2017 at 02:22 AM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Like I said McCaffrey not the burner he appears to be...4.48.
    oh now avante cares about the combine

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    oh now avante cares about the combine
    It's like this stupid.

Ya walk into a little kicker bar, exchange a buck for some quarters. Walk over to the jukebox, after the third song, she.....didn't know ya liked Lefty Frizzell that much (third Frizzell tune)....I don't really like him at all.

Yep, nothing but Lefty Frizzell in that Jukebox.

Think, ok?

And, one minute it's....can we stick a thread on the bottom, the next you're bumping up an old thread
    Last edited by Avante; 02-15-2018 at 11:40 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Why do linemen run the 40? The 20...maybe.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Anytime we talk sports greats we must take into consideration.....DOMINANCE OF ERA.

There are HS kids today who could have won every Olympic 100m up to 1984. I have no doubts todays Alabama football team would crush Lombardi's Packer teams. Way too big and too fast.

It's never about how those old timers would fare today, that means...0.

You cannot talk the great NFL players without Red Grange, Jim Thorpe, Emlen Tunnell, Sammy Baugh, Don Hutson, Otto Graham, Tom Fears, "Crazy Legs" Hirsh, Joe Perry, Jim Brown, if ya think ya can ya don't know the game.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-16-2018 at 10:07 PM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Anytime we talk sports greats we must take into consideration.....DOMINANCE OF ERA.

There are HS kids today who could have won every Olympic 100m up to 1984. I have no doubts todays Alabama football team would crush Lombardi's Packer teams. Way too big and too fast.

It's never about how those old timers would fare today, that means...0.

You cannot talk the great NFL players without Red Grange, Jim Thorpe, Emlen Tunnell, Sammy Baugh, Don Hutson, Otto Graham, Tom Fears, "Crazy Legs" Hirsh, Joe Perry, Jim Brown, if ya think ya can ya don't know the game.
    How do you think some of the passing QBs would do today, Avante. The ones who never really needed athletic ability unlike the versatile ones we see in dudes like Newton

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How do you think some of the passing QBs would do today, Avante. The ones who never really needed athletic ability unlike the versatile ones we see in dudes like Newton
    Big strong Roman Gabriel could make it work, can't say that about Sonny Jurgenson, Bart Starr, Johnny Unitas.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Would ya believe the Dallas Cowboys were once in the west?

The first Cowboy to have a 1000 yard season was an Ivy Leaguer?

The first black to have a 1000yard season a Niner, the first player to have a 1000 yards out of the HBCU. a Niner. The only player to block a field goal while standing under the crossbars, yep...a Niner.

The first play in Charger history, a 105 yard KO return for a TD.

The first Pats stud passing combo....Babe Parilli to Gino Cappeletti.

The first Raider to have a 1000 yard season was a cut Niner DB.

Steve Largent was cut, as was John Unitas.

We once had....The Kansas City Cowboys.

The first black QB to start an NFL game...........................................Wil lie Thrower.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Big strong Roman Gabriel could make it work, can't say that about Sonny Jurgenson, Bart Starr, Johnny Unitas.
    How about a smaller dude, Jurgenson.. about Brees size

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How about a smaller dude, Jurgenson.. about Brees size
    Jurgenson had a pot belly, not athletic at all, no way he'd be able to evade todays rushers.

The athletes we see on defense today on a whole other level than back in the day.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Jurgenson had a pot belly, not athletic at all, no way he'd be able to evade todays rushers.

The athletes we see on defense today on a whole other level than back in the day.
    With a good pocket I'd figure he could perform, but the game might be too fast

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    With a good pocket I'd figure he could perform, but the game might be too fast
    Jurgenson was 5-11 200 pounds and non athletic, and in his day his career comp %....57.1. Being that size and without the ability to escape I just can't see it. There is never going to come a game where he can just stand there and throw.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Jim Brown
    Gale Sayers
    Bob Hayes
    Roman Gabriel
    Lance Alworth
    Cookie Gilchrist

Could play today, yet non of them would be putting up the numbers that they did, obviously.

Thread Information