Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Martellus Bennett explains why he won’t ‘stick to sports’

Some excerpts...

"Don't get mad because I found what they thought they could hide in books," Bennett began tweeting. "I was a black man yesterday and I'm going to be a black man tomorrow. My wife and daughter are women today and will be women tomorrow.".

"I have two libraries in my house thousand of books. I love to read because I know that for a long time ancestors weren't allowed to," he said. "I love to write. Because for a lonnnnnngg time my people weren't "allowed" to. So I'm going to write my books, my apps and tell my stories....."Shut up and stick to sports!! Enjoy the low hanging fruits Marty. Don't climb to the top of the Apple tree and taste that high hanging fruit," he tweeted. "This is part of the reason why I'm working to build Art Centers and Computer Labs for kids to learn coding. I'm not building gyms....

"I'm not interested in building football fields or doing football camps. I'm interested in doing film camps and coding camps.

"You don't have to be good at sports young man. Go upstairs and finish practicing that trombone. You don't have to rap. You can score films. You don't have to dunk. You can cross over and own the basketball team

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Martellus Bennett explains why he won’t ‘stick to sports’

Some excerpts...

"Don't get mad because I found what they thought they could hide in books," Bennett began tweeting. "I was a black man yesterday and I'm going to be a black man tomorrow. My wife and daughter are women today and will be women tomorrow.".

"I have two libraries in my house thousand of books. I love to read because I know that for a long time ancestors weren't allowed to," he said. "I love to write. Because for a lonnnnnngg time my people weren't "allowed" to. So I'm going to write my books, my apps and tell my stories....."Shut up and stick to sports!! Enjoy the low hanging fruits Marty. Don't climb to the top of the Apple tree and taste that high hanging fruit," he tweeted. "This is part of the reason why I'm working to build Art Centers and Computer Labs for kids to learn coding. I'm not building gyms....

"I'm not interested in building football fields or doing football camps. I'm interested in doing film camps and coding camps.

"You don't have to be good at sports young man. Go upstairs and finish practicing that trombone. You don't have to rap. You can score films. You don't have to dunk. You can cross over and own the basketball team
    I can't believe the Cowboys couldn't work him into the system. He'd be a huge asset in the Dak era.

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    He was miserable in Dallas.. He hated y'all fukkboys the same way he called all of the Bears es.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I can't believe the Cowboys couldn't work him into the system. He'd be a huge asset in the Dak era.
    Witten saw him as a threat and made his time here uncomfortable. His tight end coach was garrett's dad who made sure he never got close to surpassing witten either.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Was never impressed with him in Dallas outside of being a better blocker than Escobar.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    tbh Martellus Bennett is like the feminist who says "We need more STEM women majors!!" while hypocritically majoring in Marketing

also pic related

Last edited by Mark Celibate; 02-10-2017 at 12:35 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Wasn't a fan

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Bennett needs to be thankful his people were brought over here***, what would he be doing in the Congo?

*** YES and YES, slavery was horrenous, terrible TERRIBLE. But....so many blacks are far better off..TODAY..than if they were still in Africa.

I own a book..To Be A Slave by Julius Lester, it's full of letters to slaves from fellow slaves.

To Be a Slave Summary

To Be A Slave is the intense and heartbreaking collection of stories from those who were slaves themselves. The book is written by the slaves who experienced the horrible and torturous journeys through slavery. The stories take place anywhere from the start of slavery in 1776 to the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863. The majority of the stories take place in the southern colonies as they were for slavery until it was abolished in 1863. To Be A Slave is written by Julius Lester, a slave whose life was completely changed as he was separated from his family at the age of 10. The book is written from the point of view of slaves and organized in letters from the slaves with occasional explanations from the author. Written completely by slaves themselves, To Be a Slave really pulls at the heartstrings from its vivid descriptions of the slaves being whipped and the horrible shelter conditions to the sad stories of those who were separated from family at as young as the age of three.

The letters are written by those who experienced slavery. Just a few of these people include Josiah Henson, a young boy separated from his brothers, sister, and mother at the age of five. Another was Charles Ball; a plantation worker owned by a very wealthy man but yet was forced to sleep in a shack with many other slaves. Another author of the letters included Solomon Northup, a plantation worker that was whipped unless he had picked at least 200 lbs. of cotton daily as well as many more.

To Be A Slave really shows you what slavery really was like in the words of black men and women who lived through slavery rather than sugar coated through the minds others. As said by the Julius Lester, “History is not just facts and events. History is also pain in the heart, and we repeat history until we are able to make another’
    Last edited by Avante; 02-10-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bennett is a BLM anthem kneeler, I'll never have any respect for that racist, race-mongering zero

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Good on you, Bennett. I'd expect nothing less from an Aggie.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Bennett is a BLM anthem kneeler, I'll never have any respect for that racist, race-mongering zero
    He never kneeled for an anthem.

Bennett is another example of why I'm a big Belichick fan, tbh..doesn't give a about Bennett's politics or beliefs, just let's him play football and seems like he has a good relationship with Brady, as well..

Patriots should be the example for America Trump supporters, liberals, Black progressives, all in the same locker room and still winning..

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I'd love to see him back in New England but he'll probably get paid....sucks because we never saw a Gronk/Bennett duo at full strength.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    no he wouldn't, bqbs can't use TEs efficiently..

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yeah, Dak barely found Witten this season.

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    miss him in Chi-Town as well

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'd love to see him back in New England but he'll probably get paid....sucks because we never saw a Gronk/Bennett duo at full strength.
    You'll probably get Jacob Tamme or Gavin Escobar or something

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    But majority of TEs, particularly TE1s and TE2s, are white, even with BQBs. Most BTEs (like Bennett in Dallas) get buried on the bench.

When can you give me an example of a BQB + BTE1 combo?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    You'll probably get Jacob Tamme or Gavin Escobar or something
    I think they draft another TE if they can't resign Bennett.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If they can trade Garoppolo to a QB needy team for a mid 1st round pick (say Cleveland's 12th overall) they can and probably should grab OJ Howard, the best black TE the NFL draft has ever seen. He's the most complete TE in college I ever saw and a huge cog in the offense that was the best in the nation for the last few years. Elite at pass protection, run blocking, extremely fast and agile for a bigger guy, physical, great route runner and can make the tough catches look very easy.

He's basically the guy LeBron could have been if he chose football over basketball.
    Last edited by UNT Eagles 2016; 02-10-2017 at 11:21 PM.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    UNT, what's up with you and overhyping the crap out of random players?

Seriously. Demarcus Lawrence, Joseph Randle, etc. Tap the brakes a little bit. I actually agree though that Gavin Escobar just seems destined to go to New England and have over 1000 yards five seasons in a row while we can't seem to do anything with him. OJ Howard would be a major reach.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Jake Butt is destined to be a Patriot, tbh.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Jake Butt is destined to be a Patriot, tbh.
    Agreed, idk why a normal ACL tear is killing his draft stock so much. The NFLs PED regime has essentially made that a 6 month injury that everyone is able to recover from.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    UNT, what's up with you and overhyping the crap out of random players?

Seriously. Demarcus Lawrence, Joseph Randle, etc. Tap the brakes a little bit. I actually agree though that Gavin Escobar just seems destined to go to New England and have over 1000 yards five seasons in a row while we can't seem to do anything with him. OJ Howard would be a major reach.
    They'll probably just stand pat and draft that white RB so they can have an entire offense of whites.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Agreed, idk why a normal ACL tear is killing his draft stock so much. The NFLs PED regime has essentially made that a 6 month injury that everyone is able to recover from.
    I thought I read it was a similar nerve thing to Jaylon Smith that would keep him out the entire 2017 season.

Thread Information