My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just toss them in jail already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just toss them in jail already.
    Definitely. Screw the investigation. The sheer volume of empty tweets is enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely. Screw the investigation. The sheer volume of empty tweets is enough.
    Dude, this is not empty rethoric. He got caught on counter US intelligence. It's on the records.

But continue on with you denial.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    It's gotta be Priebus, right? All the big leaks are always trying to paint Pence as unaware and not involved in any of this shit. MSNBC was claiming one of their leakers was a high ranking member of Dear Leader's staff, and Priebus and Pence are the two establishment Republicans close to Trump. It really seems like the leaker knows Trump is fucked and wants to try to keep Pence looking squeaky clean. The Trumptards always like to paint it as the Washington Post and NY Times just making shit up, but is it really hard to fathom that the party that was Never Trump is trying to take him down so they can install a reliable conservative like Pence in power? It makes me think there's a real chance of not only impeachment, but threatened conviction and removal culminating in them telling Trump he has to resign. Though I don't think Trump would play ball. He would call the GOP's bluff and try to make 19 GOP senators vote to convict. Trump doesn't give a shit about the GOP; he was a Democrat until 2011.
    Virginia Boney

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virginia Boney
    According to the right's answer to Louise Mensch.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    CROFL no statement from the WH.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    It's gotta be Priebus, right? All the big leaks are always trying to paint Pence as unaware and not involved in any of this shit. MSNBC was claiming one of their leakers was a high ranking member of Dear Leader's staff, and Priebus and Pence are the two establishment Republicans close to Trump. It really seems like the leaker knows Trump is fucked and wants to try to keep Pence looking squeaky clean. The Trumptards always like to paint it as the Washington Post and NY Times just making shit up, but is it really hard to fathom that the party that was Never Trump is trying to take him down so they can install a reliable conservative like Pence in power? It makes me think there's a real chance of not only impeachment, but threatened conviction and removal culminating in them telling Trump he has to resign. Though I don't think Trump would play ball. He would call the GOP's bluff and try to make 19 GOP senators vote to convict. Trump doesn't give a shit about the GOP; he was a Democrat until 2011.
    Everything you said. Plus asset forfeiture.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This one is legitimately bizzare.

What a stupid fool... Kushner can't be this foolish. This is just a radically ignorant stunt to pull. Let's put businessmen in government... Holy shit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While that might sound reasonable, you have to keep in mind that impeachment is a political process, not a legal process... Also, the president can commute any sentence (at a political cost, obviously).

If I had to guess an endgame here, is to alienate Trump's inner circle, or expose him to a fairly severe political cost if he decides to keep them around.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    While that might sound reasonable, you have to keep in mind that impeachment is a political process, not a legal process... Also, the president can commute any sentence (at a political cost, obviously).

If I had to guess an endgame here, is to alienate Trump's inner circle, or expose him to a fairly severe political cost if he decides to keep them around.
    If the Articles of impeachment have been drawn against Trump, (they have), he loses power to self pardon or pardon anyone else.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    There are also certain state charges that a President cannot pardon but right now it doesn't matter. Trump CANNOT pardon his way out of this.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Thread Information