Page 355 of 2100 FirstFirst ... 2553053453513523533543553563573583593654054558551355 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,875 of 52486
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Basic Formula For Every Shocking Russia/Trump Revelation

1. The New York Times or Washington Post releases an article that at first blush appears extremely damning.

2. Anti-Trump pundits and Democrats react reflexively to the news, express shrieking outrage, and proclaim that this finally proves untoward collusion between Trump and Russia — a smoking gun, at last.

3. Aggrieved former Clinton apparatchiks *connect the dots* in a manner eerily reminiscent of right-wing Glenn Beck-esque prognostication circa 2009.

4. Self-proclaimed legal experts rashly opine as to whether the new revelation entails some kind of criminally actionable offense. (Recall the now-laughable cer ude that felled National Security Advisor Mike Flynn violated the 200+ year old Logan Act.) This latest version is the cer ude that Jeff Sessions committed perjury, when that at the very least is highly questionable.

5. The notion of Russian “collusion” being key to toppling Trump becomes further implanted in the minds of the most energized Democratic activists, as evidenced this time around by a troupe of protesters who showed up to the Department of Justice headquarters brandishing trademarked “Resist” placards, chanting “Lock Him Up,” and (as usual) hyperventilating about Putin. As I’ve written before, Trump/Putin theories are increasingly the top concern that plugged-in “Resistance” types bring up at the highly-charged town hall meetings that have received so much attention of late.

6. Pointing out these glaring flaws in the latest anti-Russia frenzy is immediately construed by cynics as “defending Trump” or “defending Sessions” when it most assuredly is not. At least in my own case, it’s a defense of not getting enraptured by irrational hysterics to further short-term political aims.

7. People who’d spent the past 12 hours frothing at the mouth gradually come to realize that their initial furor was probably overblown, and that a more sober look at the actual facts at hand reveal that the anti-Trump chorus probably got ahead of itself…again.

8. Democrats who sought to capitalize on the uproar end up looking extremely foolish.

9. It becomes “normalized” (that new favorite buzzword!) to cast any meetings or contacts with Russian officials as inherently sinister. Rather than just a basic function of a Senator’s ordinary duties, meeting with “The Russians” is increasingly viewed as evidence of nefarious intent, and perhaps participation in a grand global conspiracy.

10. Political inep ude and clumsiness (as was very probably the case with Flynn) gets interpreted as something more calculated than it really is. Sessions could’ve avoided this ridiculous controversy by saying something to the effect of: “I did not meet with any Russian officials in my informal capacity as Trump campaign surrogate, but I did speak with Russian officials over the course of my ordinary Senatorial duties.” The problem is, such an admission would’ve probably blown up into a big political snafu; Democrats would’ve seized on it as evidence of Russian collusion. So Sessions tried to lawyer himself out of trouble with an ambiguous comment during sworn testimony. This allowed him to sneak through the confirmation process, but created an even bigger political storm later.

11. A Trump official’s least egregious quality ends up being portrayed as his most egregious quality. There were any number of reasons to be highly worried about the presence of Mike Flynn in the Trump administration, from his bellicose posture toward Iran, to his outlandish views on the alleged threat posed by Islam. Conversing with the Russian ambassador about reducing tensions would very clearly not have been on the “reasons to be worried about Flynn” list. Likewise, Jeff Sessions is a troubling figure for a whole host of reasons, ranging from his hawkishly retrograde at ude about Drug Prohibition to his dicey history on racial matters. That he spoke to the Russian Ambassador in September 2016 would not be on the “reasons to be worried about Sessions” list.

12. The overall political climate gets further degraded and warped without any commensurate upside.

13. Repeat.

https://medium.com/theyoungturks/the...n-e9ae390d9f05
    o, Darrin.

You figure out the difference between Fusion and Chalupa in your Fusion Chalupa conspiracy yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1. The New York Times or Washington Post releases an article that at first blush appears extremely damning.

2. Anti-Trump pundits and Democrats react reflexively to the news, express shrieking outrage, and proclaim that this finally proves untoward collusion between Trump and Russia — a smoking gun, at last.

3. Aggrieved former Clinton apparatchiks *connect the dots* in a manner eerily reminiscent of right-wing Glenn Beck-esque prognostication circa 2009.

4. Self-proclaimed legal experts rashly opine as to whether the new revelation entails some kind of criminally actionable offense. (Recall the now-laughable cer ude that felled National Security Advisor Mike Flynn violated the 200+ year old Logan Act.) This latest version is the cer ude that Jeff Sessions committed perjury, when that at the very least is highly questionable.

5. The notion of Russian “collusion” being key to toppling Trump becomes further implanted in the minds of the most energized Democratic activists, as evidenced this time around by a troupe of protesters who showed up to the Department of Justice headquarters brandishing trademarked “Resist” placards, chanting “Lock Him Up,” and (as usual) hyperventilating about Putin. As I’ve written before, Trump/Putin theories are increasingly the top concern that plugged-in “Resistance” types bring up at the highly-charged town hall meetings that have received so much attention of late.

6. Pointing out these glaring flaws in the latest anti-Russia frenzy is immediately construed by cynics as “defending Trump” or “defending Sessions” when it most assuredly is not. At least in my own case, it’s a defense of not getting enraptured by irrational hysterics to further short-term political aims.

7. People who’d spent the past 12 hours frothing at the mouth gradually come to realize that their initial furor was probably overblown, and that a more sober look at the actual facts at hand reveal that the anti-Trump chorus probably got ahead of itself…again.

8. Democrats who sought to capitalize on the uproar end up looking extremely foolish.

9. It becomes “normalized” (that new favorite buzzword!) to cast any meetings or contacts with Russian officials as inherently sinister. Rather than just a basic function of a Senator’s ordinary duties, meeting with “The Russians” is increasingly viewed as evidence of nefarious intent, and perhaps participation in a grand global conspiracy.

10. Political inep ude and clumsiness (as was very probably the case with Flynn) gets interpreted as something more calculated than it really is. Sessions could’ve avoided this ridiculous controversy by saying something to the effect of: “I did not meet with any Russian officials in my informal capacity as Trump campaign surrogate, but I did speak with Russian officials over the course of my ordinary Senatorial duties.” The problem is, such an admission would’ve probably blown up into a big political snafu; Democrats would’ve seized on it as evidence of Russian collusion. So Sessions tried to lawyer himself out of trouble with an ambiguous comment during sworn testimony. This allowed him to sneak through the confirmation process, but created an even bigger political storm later.

11. A Trump official’s least egregious quality ends up being portrayed as his most egregious quality. There were any number of reasons to be highly worried about the presence of Mike Flynn in the Trump administration, from his bellicose posture toward Iran, to his outlandish views on the alleged threat posed by Islam. Conversing with the Russian ambassador about reducing tensions would very clearly not have been on the “reasons to be worried about Flynn” list. Likewise, Jeff Sessions is a troubling figure for a whole host of reasons, ranging from his hawkishly retrograde at ude about Drug Prohibition to his dicey history on racial matters. That he spoke to the Russian Ambassador in September 2016 would not be on the “reasons to be worried about Sessions” list.

12. The overall political climate gets further degraded and warped without any commensurate upside.

13. Repeat.

I mostly agree with this. The left is going a bit overboard with each new revelation, just as the right goes just as far to ignore or dismiss anything bad.

ulatively, though, what we do know for certain is troubling.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

13. Repeat.

I'm surprised Cenk hired this stooge.
    Last edited by Reck; 07-21-2017 at 02:00 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If meet and collude with us Russians no big deal, why everybody lie about it? Hurt feelings of me and sensitive comrades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, not right. When you're being toppled, taken out and the subject of a conspiracy to remove you from office you need to act. Pissing in the wind as Trump is doing now will not work.

Do not, I repeat,,,do not end up saying= "I wish I'd a done this:::"

They ain't in' around.

They don't give a .

They want him out.

Are they going to get him out on fake evidence? And getting Trump out only means Pence will take over, so why bother getting Trump out on some phony accusations is my point?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If meet and collude with us Russians no big deal, why everybody lie about it? Hurt feelings of me and sensitive comrades.
    *Ding*

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sorry, not how *Ding*™ work.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, not how *Ding*™ work.
    *Ding* *Ding*

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Are they going to get him out on fake evidence? And getting Trump out only means Pence will take over, so why bother getting Trump out on some phony accusations is my point?
    Yes.

Because Pence is better than nothing to them if Trump is out. It's back to regular programming then. Everybody can relax then. Business as usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.

Because Pence is better than nothing to them if Trump is out. It's back to regular programming then. Everybody can relax then. Business as usual.

Getting Trump out on phony/fake evidence is asking for a civil war. I am under the notion something concrete or nothing at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting Trump out on phony/fake evidence is asking for a civil war. I am under the notion something concrete or nothing at all.
    +1

There is a very high likelihood that his real estate investments have involved some sort of money laundering. That will come out as soon as his finances are poked at. Is money laundering for the Iranians or Russian mobsters concrete enough?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump Is Abdicating His Role as Commander in Chief
    In the six months since he’s taken office and the 10 weeks of transition before that, Trump has effectively ignored the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, this despite bombastic campaign promises to “win” in each place (whatever “win” means). What he has done is cede warmaking authority to Secretary of Defense James Mattis, who now reportedly has plenary power to set objectives, allocate resources, and move troops to fight in both countries. Although National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster reportedly limited Mattis to 3,900 more troops in Afghanistan for now, it’s clear from Trump’s own statements and reporting on the White House that the president has delegated his war powers down to Mattis—along with whatever political risk may come from bad outcomes.

These failures—which fairly belong to both Trump and Congress—are creating risk for our military around the world. The perennial failure of Congress and the White House to reach a budget deal in a timely manner creates uncertainty that ripples through the entire military establishment. This uncertainty adversely affects long-term procurements for aircraft and ships, frustrates personnel planning, and makes it impossible to forecast training resources and rotations. Process failures aside, the Pentagon still does not have the aggregate resources it needs to continue fighting two wars, carry out special operations missions around the world, deter Russia and North Korea through forward deployments, and conduct myriad other missions. All four services arguably need more personnel, newer weapons systems, and more money to fund training. Military aircraft are literally falling out of the sky (and killing troops) because of a lack of resources for training and maintenance and deferred modernization, too. Transforming the military, and adding new capabilities like a cyber corps or space corps, will take even more money—money that, so far, Trump has failed to procure from Congress.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a..._in_chief.html

6 months in.

er spends more time golfing than doing his goddamn job.

TRUMP MAY VACATION FOR 18 DAYS IN AUGUST, DEMANDS CONGRESS STAY IN WASHINGTON TO WORK
    http://www.newsweek.com/trump-may-va...nd-work-640364
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 07-21-2017 at 04:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was he doing the first time around when the health care bill was being debated?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was he doing the second time around when the health care bill was being debated?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But hey, keep concentrating on posts that say *ding*.

Nothing to see here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was he doing the first time around when the health care bill was being debated?

The ironic thing about this picture is that that was exactly what he was doing the first time the House bill failed.

I you not.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Please. We/Trump supporters talk a big war, but, we'd roll over and watch television when push came to shove.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ha ha stubs for fingers, not good for grabbing pussy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I immediately thought of this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I immediately thought of this

The difference being, of course, one was an actor, the other was the President of the ing United States not doing his goddamn job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information