Page 451 of 2100 FirstFirst ... 3514014414474484494504514524534544554615015519511451 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,275 of 52486
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    TSA literally doesn't understand Trump's lawyers did not want that memo out there because it shows intent.
    Would have to see the exact words of the memo. Howeveah, the "great pressure" comment after the act is reason enough to follow that trail. Trump's compulsion to mansplain everything could do him in.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Because that compound is being searched tomorrow by US authorities along with their homes. Dip .
    Do you think the Americans that were booted out of Moscow left all of their do ents to be search by Russian authorities?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    TSA literally doesn't understand Trump's lawyers did not want that memo out there because it shows intent.
    According to the two articles you posted, nothing in the letter moves you closer to obstruction of justice. Your two articles actually support the opposite.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Mueller Has Early Draft of Trump Letter Giving Reasons for Firing Comey
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/01/u...ng-letter.html

Comey drafted Clinton exoneration before finishing investigation, GOP senators say
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/31/politi...ion/index.html

what a ing show

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    GOP senators say.

TSA, where's your update?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'member when Trump said he fired Comey because he was too HARD on Clinton?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Man, if Trump has to go before a grand jury about anything it's game over for realsies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "People familiar with the letter said Trump provided the contents of the letter, which was formally drawn up by Miller at Bedminster. They said it did not dwell on Russia."
    Mueller has other ideas about what is and what is not obstruction of justice. You nor I know what he actually has.

You're being selective in picking what you want to highlight. It's a two way street.

The letter, which was first reported by the New York Times, as well as internal White House communications before Comey’s ouster, could now become key evidence for Mueller as he examines whether the Comey firing was part of an effort to obstruct the Russia investigation. The contents of the letter were described in detail by several people who had read versions of it.
    It's already known that Mueller is indeed looking at the posibility of obstruction of justice by Trump so I dont know why you're acting like this isn't a thing already happening anyway.

The special counsel overseeing the investigation into Russia’s role in the 2016 election is interviewing senior intelligence officials as part of a widening probe that now includes an examination of whether President Trump attempted to obstruct justice, officials said.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.6536e2397f5b

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. Attorney Trump Fired Just Said Latest Move By Trump’s Lawyers Points Toward Guilt

Preet Bharara

Team "outlined why Comey would make an unsuitable witness, calling him prone to exaggeration."
    Maybe Trump lawyers charge by unit of irony. https://twitter.com/wsj/status/903338917403000832 …
    Preet Bharara
    ✔@PreetBharara

Note: There may never be any charges, but defense lawyers don't usu waste time on preemptive memos re: frivolous theories of criminal guilt https://twitter.com/preetbharara/status/903360090606096384 …
    8:15 PM - Aug 31, 2017

Joyce White Vance, a law professor at the University of Alabama and the former U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Alabama under Obama, responded to Bharara’s tweet:

Joyce Alene
    ✔@JoyceWhiteVance

In fact, most defense lawyers wouldn't dignify a prosecutor's allegation of a specific crime w/a written response unless charges were close https://twitter.com/PreetBharara/status/903426029527719936 …
    8:19 PM - Aug 31, 2017

Preet Bharara
    ✔@PreetBharara

Right. The possibility that POTUS may have obstructed justice is real and serious. Apparently, even Trump's defense lawyers get that. https://twitter.com/joycewhitevance/status/903426949493731328 …
    8:29 PM - Aug 31, 2017

In other words, the Trump team is conducting itself as if their leader is a guilty man.

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/09/0...-toward-guilt/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans upset that FBI investigation showed Hillary was innocent earlier than expected

they think they’ve come up with a club that can used against both Clinton and former FBI Director James Comey.

Former FBI Director James Comey drafted a statement exonerating former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for running her government emails through a private email server before completing the investigation, according to two Republican senators.

The cause for the latest Comey-was-too-kind crisis?

The astounding discovery that Comey wrote earlier drafts of his July statement.

A perfectly ordinary procedure which is, of course, being taken in a perfectly ordinary way.

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

Wow, looks like James Comey exonerated Hillary Clinton long before the investigation was over...and so much more. A rigged system!
    6:56 AM - Sep 1, 2017

In fact, it appears that Comey — who did not personally lead the investigation into Clinton —

began circulating drafts of his statement to the investigation team as early as May for their feedback.

The reason: Everything they had told him was leading to the outcome that there was going to be no criminal finding.

At the time the note first circulated, investigators still hadn’t talked with Clinton, but it seemed obvious how things were going.

The person said back in spring 2016, agents and Justice Department officials were talking about how the investigation would end and there was a belief that the evidence was going in a direction to not support bringing charges.

This individual said by April 2016 the FBI had reviewed most of the evidence and didn't find evidence suggesting that Clinton had violated federal law.

The person said the FBI wanted to interview her but didn't believe it was going to change the outcome.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-01-2017 at 04:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, if Trump has to go before a grand jury about anything it's game over for realsies.
    I'd pay to see him cross examined. Would call the questions fake news

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'd pay to see him cross examined. Would call the questions fake news
    Grand jury testimony is where it's at. His lawyers wouldn't even be allowed in the room. had law professor Clinton doing somersaults.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    GOP senators say.

TSA, where's your update?
    Would it be as funny if the le instead said, "Comey drafted Clinton exoneration before finishing investigation, transcripts of interviews with former Comey aides say"?

"Comey prepared the draft exoneration for Clinton before conducting interviews with top Clinton aides who were offered immunity for their cooperation, Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley and Sen. Lindsey Graham said Thursday in a joint statement, citing transcripts of interviews with former Comey aides obtained by the Senate judiciary committee."

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Mueller has other ideas about what is and what is not obstruction of justice. You nor I know what he actually has.

You're being selective in picking what you want to highlight. It's a two way street.

It's already known that Mueller is indeed looking at the posibility of obstruction of justice by Trump so I dont know why you're acting like this isn't a thing already happening anyway.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.6536e2397f5b
    Explain to me how some letter whose content didn't dwell on Russia are going to be the nail in the coffin for an obstruction of justice charge dealing with the Russian investigation. djohn2oo8 can't and refuses to try, your turn.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Would it be as funny if the le instead said, "Comey drafted Clinton exoneration before finishing investigation, transcripts of interviews with former Comey aides say"?

"Comey prepared the draft exoneration for Clinton before conducting interviews with top Clinton aides who were offered immunity for their cooperation, Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley and Sen. Lindsey Graham said Thursday in a joint statement, citing transcripts of interviews with former Comey aides obtained by the Senate judiciary committee."
    It's funny no matter what tbh. Just because you declared it a legal slam dunk doesn't mean anything. What were those aides supposed to be guilty of that they needed immunity anyway? What explosive evidence did you think they were sitting on?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Explain to me how some letter whose content didn't dwell on Russia are going to be the nail in the coffin for an obstruction of justice charge dealing with the Russian investigation. djohn2oo8 can't and refuses to try, your turn.
    All it needs is one sentence about Russia if it's the right sentence.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    All it needs is one sentence about Russia if it's the right sentence.
    "People familiar with the letter said Trump provided the contents of the letter, which was formally drawn up by Miller at Bedminster. They said it did not dwell on Russia."

next time we'll get him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, "Russia".

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

next time we'll get him
    OK, so you declare victory on the words "did not dwell."

Let's talk about your Mueller investigation theory -- any updates?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're putting a lot of faith and trust in anonymous sources saying the letter didn't dwell on Russia. How would you know that?

What is the one thing Trump and his allies go out of their way to deny? Anything relating Russia. For all you know it's a lie.

And for all we know, he did talk about it in the first draft. But the fact that Mueller has a draft of it is relevant to the case. Otherwise, why waste time on it?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is the time where TSA takes a mighty stand over a micron-sized point to avoid talking about something like his "Mueller's secret investigation of Democrats" 4chan remember remember theory.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    OK, so you declare victory on the words "did not dwell."

Let's talk about your Mueller investigation theory -- any updates?
    Investigation is still ongoing...for both sides.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Investigation is still ongoing...for both sides.
    Yeah, you're going to have to be more specific. All the stuff you were so excited about came and went with no comment at all from you.

What happened?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You're putting a lot of faith and trust in anonymous sources saying the letter didn't dwell on Russia. How would you know that?

What is the one thing Trump and his allies go out of their way to deny? Anything relating Russia. For all you know it's a lie.

And for all we know, he did talk about it in the first draft. But the fact that Mueller has a draft of it is relevant to the case. Otherwise, why waste time on it?
    These are anonymous sources from the NYT and WaPo of course I will put my faith in what they are reporting.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Yeah, you're going to have to be more specific. All the stuff you were so excited about came and went with no comment at all from you.

What happened?
    ahhh how cute Chumpdumper missed me.

I'm traveling too much these days and and prepping my house for my first born son due in December. I don't have time to bull on spurstalk anymore and probably won't in the future. I will periodically drop by this thread like I did today to laugh at the stupid s who still think anything will come of this huge waste of tax dollars.

keep up the good fight chump

Thread Information