Page 458 of 2100 FirstFirst ... 3584084484544554564574584594604614624685085589581458 ... LastLast
Results 11,426 to 11,450 of 52486
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Comey on the hot seat, not Trump!
    Who's investigating Comey?

TSA?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Hmm thats now 4 Repugs that have decided to not run again, so far this week.....hmmm.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm thats now 4 Repugs that have decided to not run again, so far this week.....hmmm.
    Who decided not to run?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Who decided not to run?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Something afoot...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The surprising new strategy of pro-Russia bots

Co-ordinated groups of Twitter bots pushing pro-Russian propaganda have developed an odd but occasionally effective strategy - retweeting messages that the bot-makers disagree with and flooding their enemies with followers.

Brian Krebs is an investigative journalist with a big social media following. But even he was surprised when one of his tweets was retweeted thousands of times:

"I woke up the next morning and found about 12,000 retweets... I also found I had about the same number of new followers," he told BBC Trending radio. "Part of me wanted this to be true [and all the followers to be real]."

Krebs,
    who wrote about the experience on his blog, immediately suspected he'd been on the receiving end of a bot attack.

Bots - automated or semi-automated accounts which tweet or retweet automatically - have been at the centre of allegations of Russian interference in Western elections. US intelligence agencies claim that bots spread false news stories and misinformation during the 2016 presidential election campaign.

And networks of bots were also involved in spreading memes, gifs and misinformation in the run-up to the French presidential election in spring 2017.

The Russian government denies that they operate or fund bot networks. And there's no definitive evidence connecting botnets, even if they do push pro-Russia stories, to the Kremlin. The pro-Russian bots could be operated, as President Vladimir Putin once put it, by "patriotic" Russian citizens acting independently.

But why would pro-Russia accounts retweet a message like Krebs' tweet, which runs contrary to their views?

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-41203789

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Russian billionaire with ties to Manafort is out on $174 million bail — but lawyer claims his extradition is ‘imminent’

A ccording to the attorney for a Russian oligarch with extensive ties to former Donald Trump campaign manager Paul Manfort, his client is close to being extradited to the U.S. from Austria, reports the Chicago Tribune.

“Imminent,” and “at risk,” is how attorney Dan Webb described the extradition of his client, Dmitry Firtash, who is currently free on $174 million bond overseas.

Firtash has battling extradition to the U.S. since his 2014 arrest in Vienna after being accused of masterminding a anium-mining racket involving Boeing.

According to Firtash and his lawyer, he claims he was targeted at the time by the Obama administration as punishment for Putin’s annexation of Crimea.

Firtash’s attorney admitted that fears that his client might “hop on a private plane and head over to Moscow, or to some other country where we can’t extradite him,” in the extradition is approved.

Complicating Firtash’s return to Chicago to face charges based on federal wiretaps, is his connection to Manafort, who is also under investigation by the FBI.

According to USA Today, Firtash has been connected to the Russian mob and has business dealings with Manfort dating back to 2008.

According to Manafort, he “never had a business relationship” with Firtash.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/a-ru...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More smoking guns than Bonnie and Clyde’: House Dem blasts Nunes’ ‘obstructive behavior’ in Trump-Russia probe

A member of the House Intelligence Committee told MSNBC host Chris Matthews that Chairman Devin Nunes (R-CA) is “obstructing” the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Matthews asked Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) about Vyacheslav Nikonov, a member of Russia’s parliament, bragging about stealing the presidential election.

“Are your Republican colleagues as in the know as the Russian Duma members are? Do they know what’s going on or are they still denying it?” Matthews asked.

“Well first, we just need to president to accept…” Rep. Swalwell began, before Matthews interrupted.

“Like Nunes, I don’t know what he’s up to, that guy,” Matthews exclaimed.

“He looks like such a homer for the Trump crowd in the White House.”

Matthews then asked about Derek Harvey, a Mike Flynn loyalist who was ousted from the National Security Advisor was hired by Rep. Nunes, who chairs the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

“On our committee I have not seen the acceptance that Russia interfered with our election and we have a responsibility to do something about it,” Rep. Swalwell noted.

“And when you look at the eagerness and willingness of the Trump campaign to work with the Russians, we have more smoking guns than Bonnie and Clyde — we have the evidence that they were willing to work with the Russians,” the former prosecutor explained.

“The question is did it materialize to a working relationship.”

Swalwell says that this isn’t just about accountability for the 2016 election, but about deterring future election interference.

“Nothing sharpens the knives of the Russians more for a future attack than disunity among our investigation,” Swalwell explained.

“Nothing will strengthen our shield in a future attack than having a report that understands Russia, identifies who was responsible and makes reforms so it never happens again.

We don’t have that right now.”

“Are you confident that your commmittee, the House Intelligence Committee, is going to break this case?” Matthews asked.

“It’s troubling Chris, it’s like watching your favorite football team complete a 20-yard pass and the next play, you have a 10-yard sack,” Rep. Swalwell related. “That’s what the obstructive behavior by the chairman does.”

“I get the feeling that your chairman is hiring some Trumpster from the White House to help quash this investigation,” Matthews noted. “That’s what it looks like. Is that what’s going on here?”

“He’s being obstructive,” Rep. Swalwell noted. “I don’t know what his motives are, but it keeps us from being able to do our job.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/more...-russia-probe/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FBI probed over Jeff Sessions’ Russia contacts

A new lawsuit has challenged the FBI to release advice it gave Attorney General Jeff Sessions about whether his contacts with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. during the 2016 election should have been included on his security clearance application.

After CNN revealed Sessions had at least two meetings with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak in May, the attorney general said he left contacts with the dignitary off his application because he was told to by the FBI.

Later it was revealed

Sessions met with Kislyak as many as three times after he testified:

“I did not have communications with the Russians” during his Senate confirmation hearing. Sessions released a redacted copy of his application form in July.

“If Jeff Sessions wants us to believe his excuse, he should prove it,” said Austin Evers, executive director of the government watchdog group American Oversight in astatement about the new lawsuit Tuesday.

The Washington Post later revealed

two of Sessions conversations with Kislyak concerned campaign matters.

“American Oversight is joining People For the American Way in suing for the release of do ents corroborating—or disproving—Sessions’ latest excuse,” said Evers after

the FBI failed to respond to their freedom of information request after the agency said it would process it in 20 days after July 25. The FBI’s response is nearly a month overdue.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/fbi-...ssia-contacts/

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Flynn failed to disclose Russia—Saudi nuke deal—Democratswant Mueller to investigate

Democratic Congressmen Elijah mings and Eliot Engel have sent a note to Special Counsel Robert Mueller, informing him of yet another unrecorded trip by former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn.

… Michael Flynn failed to disclose a trip he took to the Middle East to explore a business deal with the Saudi government and a Russian government agency. …

Democrats sought information from three American companies in June after Newsweek reported that Flynn traveled to the Middle East in the summer of 2015 to broker a $100 billion deal between the companies, Saudi Arabia and Russia's nuclear power agency. In response, officials from the US companies provided statements to the Democrats, confirming Flynn's trip in 2015.

A trip to the Middle East to work out a deal that involved both the Saudi and Russian governments would definitely seem like something that might have come up when Flynn was disclosing his overseas connections. But the subject of those discussions makes the omission even more serious.

In June 2015, knowledgeable sources tell Newsweek, Flynn flew to Egypt and Israel on behalf of X-Co/Iron Bridge.

His mission: to gauge at udes in Cairo and Jerusalem toward a plan for a joint U.S.-Russian (and Saudi-financed) program to get control over the Arab world’s rush to acquire nuclear power.

At the core of their concern was a fear that states in the volatile Middle East would have inadequate security for the plants and safeguards for their radioactive waste—the stuff of nuclear bombs.

Flynn pitched Arab countries on the idea of nuclear plants paid for by the Saudis and operated by a consortium of US companies and Russian agencies.

But it wasn’t actually a power plan.

It was a power play for a giant international protection racket.

If the Saudis and other Arab states buy in, it won’t be for energy, says Thomas Cochran, a prominent scientist and nuclear nonproliferation proponent involved with the ACU project. “They are buying security,” he tells Newsweek. Under the ACU plan, “they’re buying a security arrangement involving the U.S., Russia, France, and the U.K., eventually.”

The idea was that Russia, facing what Johnson called an “economic and existential calamity” because of low oil prices, could use the income generated from the partnership. The consortium could then purchase “Russian military hardware” to compensate Moscow for losing military sales to Iran.

If the Flynn deal went through, Russia would be encouraged to decrease their support for Iran. In exchange, they’d get massive sums of cash, not only through nuclear deals, but arms sales.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ail=emaildkre1

C O V E R U P

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Mueller Probe - probing where no man could possibly fathom.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Chris certainly doesn't understand any of it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Putin ain't gonna be happy.

The guy thought he'd have even more freebies with Trump and he now finds himself with even less that he started with.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Reck. TSA just took the biggest L of.his life.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like Mr Digital Jared and Mercer's Cambridge Analytica are getting linked up deeper, with Jared suspected of giving Repug demographic/voter data to C/A, and my guess is that C/A gave/sold their demographic to Pootin's "patriotic" army of hackers, spammers.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

TSA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reck. TSA just took the biggest L of.his life.
    Check out the official Susan Thread. I bumped it.

TSA indictment predictions

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nunes should also resign immediately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check out the official Susan Thread. I bumped it.

TSA indictment predictions
    but her emails...

Thread Information