Page 353 of 2100 FirstFirst ... 2533033433493503513523533543553563573634034538531353 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,825 of 52486
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's funny about it? He's going to do it and congress won't do .
    If he fires Mueller or another FBI director this year, you will see some serious go down. Trump is just incompetent and filled with hubris to do so.

You are a bit more cynical than I am. I think the GOP will break ranks and begin to infight. There are more than a few grumblings from the right about his sheer incompetence. The morons who support him no matter what won't be able to save him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should fire Mule...immediately.

This is nothing more than a bloodless coup, a kangaroo court.
    So the president is above the law?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read where a pardon contains an imputation ( admission) of guilt. link to follow

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So the president is above the law?
    Mule has absolutely nothing to do with the law.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bur vs United States, 1915

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he fires Mueller or another FBI director this year, you will see some serious go down. Trump is just incompetent and filled with hubris to do so.

You are a bit more cynical than I am. I think the GOP will break ranks and begin to infight. There are more than a few grumblings from the right about his sheer incompetence. The morons who support him no matter what won't be able to save him.
    They haven't broken ranks yet despite the smoking gun for Trump's collusion with Russia being there now. Why would they give a about obstruction of justice when they didn't care the first time when he fired Comey?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should fire Mule...immediately.

This is nothing more than a bloodless coup, a kangaroo court.

Fire him why? If it's really nothing there and this is all just a witch hunt everything should be fine. Not sure why all the panic if he has nothing to hide right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They haven't broken ranks yet despite the smoking gun for Trump's collusion with Russia being there now. Why would they give a about obstruction of justice when they didn't care the first time when he fired Comey?
    There are enough soft republicans who would go along with impeachment proceedings should it get to that point....and if concrete evidence is shown. You dont need the whole republican party to go along with it.

If it's proven that he has financial dealings with Russia, it'll be pretty hard to ignore that. + Mueller testimony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are enough soft republicans who would go along with impeachment proceedings should it get to that point....and if concrete evidence is shown. You dont need the whole republican party to go along with it.

If it's proven that he has financial dealings with Russia, it'll be pretty hard to ignore that. + Mueller testimony.
    You would need Paul Ryan to go along first. Then you would need at least 19 GOP senators. Yeah good luck with that, Ryan will just say Trump's new at this again and that'll be that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would need Paul Ryan to go along first. Then you would need at least 19 GOP senators. Yeah good luck with that, Ryan will just say Trump's new at this again and that'll be that.

I don't think Ryan will be able to spin it that easily of Mueller does uncover criminal activity. He can use that spin line with the stuff Trump says or tweets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how does this work? Trump declares himself mentally unfit for office so that Pence can take over. Then Pence pardons head and our Dear Leader declares himself fit to hold office again and takes the presidency back from Pence?

This is more unreal than episode of House of Cards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Ryan will be able to spin it that easily of Mueller does uncover criminal activity. He can use that spin line with the stuff Trump says or tweets.
    It's what he said when Dear Leader fired Comey.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's what he said when Dear Leader fired Comey.
    A used card is an useless card. Isn't that what they say?

Ryan would honestly benefit from getting rid of dear leader. Pence is much more of a lap dog and can be controlled.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fire him why? If it's really nothing there and this is all just a witch hunt everything should be fine. Not sure why all the panic if he has nothing to hide right?
    No, not right. When you're being toppled, taken out and the subject of a conspiracy to remove you from office you need to act. Pissing in the wind as Trump is doing now will not work.

Do not, I repeat,,,do not end up saying= "I wish I'd a done this:::"

They ain't in' around.

They don't give a .

They want him out.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They would immediately deflect to "Democrats defended Hilary's crimes!" as justification for their gutlessness.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A used card is an useless card. Isn't that what they say?

Ryan would honestly benefit from getting rid of dear leader. Pence is much more of a lap dog and can be controlled.
    Exactly. Pence is as good as it'll get for {{{everybody}}} cept the 60 million who sided Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mule has absolutely nothing to do with the law.
    How do you know that?

Be specific.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At some point, even the Republicans that generally put their party before the good of the country will be pushed to where they can't even thinly justify it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the better progressive commentators, esp for historical comparisons and perspective

Sorry. Trump’s Attacks Aren’t Remotely Like Clinton and Starr

The comparison is quite simply lazy, baseless and stupid.

Fiske was a moderate, apolitical Republican investigating a Democratic President. Clinton had the legal power to fire Fiske but the idea never even came up. Starr was a highly partisan Republican investigating a Democratic President. Clinton did not have the power to fire Starr.

The idea that Clinton might fire (FBI director) Freeh was never even came up.

President Trump has already fired the FBI Director by his own account over the Russia probe. Comey’s politics are a matter of some debate. But he is in fact a registered Republican who has donated money to Republican candidates, though his supporters would say he is generally apolitical. Mueller is also a Republican, though I think most would agree he is apolitical in his law enforcement work.

So, to review.

A Democratic President investigated by an apolitical Republican and a partisan Republican.

A Republican President investigated by an apolitical Republican after firing his registered Republican FBI Director.

There is a certain basic asymmetry between these two sets of facts that I think is pretty clear for anyone to see.

But even that doesn’t get to the real heart of the matter.

Mueller’s investigation is only just getting underway.

President Trump is openly attacking Mueller, demanding to control the scope of Mueller’s probe and threatening to fire him before the probe has even gotten underway.

the only explanation for the President’s behavior is that he will not accept any investigation of himself or his family –

which is to say that he is insisting that the operation of the law will not be permitted with respect to himself and his family.

That is really the only reasonable interpretation of the day’s news.

the President is concealing grave wrongdoing which he will not allow to be uncovered.

We are far, far past the point where ego, impetuousness, inexperience or anything else is a credible alternative explanation.

With all this, Clinton never did anything. While his supporters clearly spoke for him in the press on the Starr front, it is worth remembering that he didn’t even say anything about it in public.

President Trump is threatening everything before the probe has even gotten started.

Consciousness of guilt is really the only plausible interpretation of these decisions.

Indeed, we’re well past ‘threatening’ things since Trump already fired the FBI Director over this same investigation – something that can very plausibly be seen as an impeachable offense. That is a bad act of vast magnitude which subsequent bad acts, nonsense and flurries of craziness have made it hard to maintain a focus on.

Presidents never like prosecutors who investigate them.

Republicans despised Lawrence Walsh in the 80s.

Democrats villified Ken Starr in the 1990s.

Neither President publicly threatened either man.

Indeed, even President Nixon, who is considered by all today as the prototypical presidential malefactor, only demanded the firing of Archibald Cox well into his investigation.

Mueller has not actually even done anything yet.

President Trump through the totality of his actions, demands and threats has made it crystal clear that

he will not accept any investigation of himself, his campaign or his family. He won’t even let it start.

No President, not even Nixon, ever suggested such a thing.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...+%28TPMNews%29

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-21-2017 at 11:54 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    At some point, even the Republicans that generally put their party before the good of the country will be pushed to where they can't even thinly justify it.
    Hey, RG, you forgot the "haaaarumph!" at the end of your horse manure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, RG, you forgot the "haaaarumph!" at the end of your horse manure.
    I am very interested in what he will do. You may give it short shrift, but it is a testable theory, that can make a prediction.

The prediction is that he will do nothing, or as close to nothing as he can. He consistently deals harshly, especially rhetorically, with just about every country but Russia.

Predicting what Trump will, or won't do is sort of a mugs game, for the most part.

The thing about a good theory though, it that it both explains facts, and you can make testable predictions.

Fact 1:
    Russia attempted to hack our electoral process through a multi-pronged attack.

Fact 2:
    Donald "look how big my inauguration crowd was" Trump has done nothing but deny this even happened. He has shown no willingness whatsoever to hold Russia to account for anything.

Fact 3:
    Donald Trump has a pattern of criticizing anyone, and everyone at the drop of a hat. Allies, enemies, courts, free press, nothing has escaped his remarks and twitter feed, except for ONE/(two) thing(s), and that is Russia/Putin

Fact 4:
    Russian efforts appeared designed to support Trump

Fact 5:
    Trump directly called on Russia publicly to support his efforts to get elected.

Theory:
    Donald Trump has been compromised in some way. Either he directly owes them money, or they have evidence of some kind of him breaking the law or doing something he does not want others to know about.

This theory explains those facts, and is fully consistent with observed reality.

Prediction:
    Donald Trump will take no action personally, nor will he criticize Russia or Putin in any way in regards to the Russian attack on our elections. He may allow his underlings to do some minor, inconsequential stuff, and if forced to do anything by Congress will drag his feet, if not outright attempt to veto any sanctions.

The way to falsify the theory:
    1) Trump criticizes Putin/Russia (good)
    2) Trump orders/takes action that materially harms Russian interests (definitive)

Bull conspiracy theories fail very often because either: they cannot be falsified, or they directly conflict with observed reality. This theory can be falsified, and does not conflict with what we know as fact.

Donald Trump is unpredictable except for Russia
    I think his past shady business dealings are becoming leverage against him because people with resources and motivation to dig, such as large nation states like China and Russia, are going to come up with things that he would prefer not to be known. This would also explains both his refusal to release his taxes, and his retention of control of his business enterprises. If he cedes too much operational control of those businesses, the possibility of some of those financial records getting out goes up.

--------------------------------------------------

This theory predicts that Trump will give Putin things he wants.

Putin wants the US to stop arming Assad's opponents.

Trump Quietly Gives Putin What He Wants
    https://www.commentarymagazine.com/f...s-putin-wants/
    Until now, the notion that Donald Trump was providing Russia and Vladimir Putin with concessions at the expense of U.S. interests was poorly supported. That all changed on Wednesday afternoon when the Washington Post revealed that Donald Trump ordered his national security advisor and CIA director to scrap a program that provided covert aid to anti-Assad rebels in Syria.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes you think that? Republican voters still overwhelmingly support Trump. He really could shoot somebody and not lose votes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's some good investigative journalism for you, RG. I figured YOU would find this particularly informative.

You can jump to 2:30

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Thread Information