faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    I can't tell if Fabbs is in full meltdown mode or if he's going for employee of the month. IMO, he's been putting in some serious time and a half lately and is probably stacking the dough from just overtime pay alone.

But...I can't think of anybody ever on this site who ever had the stupidity to...

1) Claim a game was rigged for one team and

2) Brag about wanting to bet on the other team (you know, the one he said it was rigged against) and

3) Keep bragging even though the team he picked actually lost

That's a serious trifecta of posting. Can't tell if Fabbs is that inept or if he's simply playing 4D chess while the rest of us are playing checkers...

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Team A

Four time SB champs with this coach/QB. A coach and QB combo considered to be the best ever.

Team B

A team that had never played in a SB with this coach/QB.

How could anyone take B? There was a reason Team A was favored.

I get.....I like the Falcons but it have my doubts. And during the game.....Falcons taking advantage of Pats mistakes, hopefully they can hold on........not......I TOLD YOU ES YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE YAWHOOOOOOOOOO....like some ing rookie.

Hopefully something was learned in 2016, people saw how things really work. And, never get too YES YES before Turkeyday. And, never EVER talk during a game, talk about 100% ROOKIE, there it is.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-10-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Team A

Four time SB champs with this coach/QB. A coach and QB combo considered to be the best ever.

Team B

A team that had never played in a SB with this coach/QB.

How could anyone take B? There was a reason Team A was favored.

I get.....I like the Falcons but it have my doubts. And during the game.....Falcons taking advantage of Pats mistakes, hopefully they can hold on........not......I TOLD YOU ES YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE YAWHOOOOOOOOOO....like some ing rookie.

Hopefully something was learned in 2016, people saw how things really work. And, never get too YES YES before Turkeyday. And, never EVER talk during a game, talk about 100% ROOKIE, there it is.
    COUNTEREXAMPLE

It's June, 2013.

Team A: 4 time champions, best player-coach combo in basketball history.

Team B: Team with inexperienced, young, relatively unknown Filipino head coach and a star who had largely been seen as a failure and a choker throughout his NBA career when it mattered most.

Who do ya got?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    COUNTEREXAMPLE

It's June, 2013.

Team B: Team with inexperienced, young, relatively unknown Filipino head coach and a star who had largely been seen as a failure and a choker throughout his NBA career when it mattered most.

Who do ya got?
    Why are you leaving out the fact Team B won the championship in 2012?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    COUNTEREXAMPLE

It's June, 2013.

Who do ya got?
    translation

Hey Avante, sorry I ran my mouth like I did, ok? And thank you for being cool about it and letting me back in, you are "Da Man". I got my mind right now boss.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Fabbs isn't someone who's going to be splitting atoms any time soon

--Will Hunting

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I'm like 98% sure Fabbs and ducks are related. They root for all the same teams, and they are all objectively the two dumbest posters here. Not "bad takes" dumb, but "low IQ" dumb. I think Fabbs is only a half- , to his credit, while ducks is absolutely fully mentally challenged IRL. The fact that they both got dealt the hand in life probably means they're children of incest, or a crack fiend mama. Either way, I do feel bad for them a litte bit. And I honestly believe this, which means the joke's on me, I've spent 10 years arguing with an actual re online.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Why are you leaving out the fact Team B won the championship in 2012?
    against historically sorry West compe ion though. They did beat the Celtics who were tough but in obvious decline and it took 7 games and that game went down to the last few minutes and a few bad calls against Boston.

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    COUNTEREXAMPLE

It's June, 2013.

Who do ya got?
    Team B just made B2B Finals and won one, they have 3 HOFers all in their relative primes with a HOF champion GOAT 3-point shooter off the bench who made the impossible shot to force OT.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    COUNTEREXAMPLE

It's June, 2013.

Who do ya got?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Team B just made B2B Finals and won one, they have 3 HOFers all in their relative primes with a HOF champion GOAT 3-point shooter off the bench who made the impossible shot to force OT.
    Bosh a HOFer?

I agree with you on Wade, though.

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Bosh a HOFer?

I agree with you on Wade, though.
    I do think he will get in since he has 2 rings, had many years as an all-star and a 20+/10+ big man in his prime

also wasn't he on the Olympic team in 08 IIRC?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I do think he will get in since he has 2 rings, had many years as an all-star and a 20+/10+ big man in his prime

also wasn't he on the Olympic team in 08 IIRC?
    Too many of those, if they induct people like him it's proof the HOF is very, very watery.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    OP is a typical classless _allas fan. I'm relocating my family to Port Arthur because of him tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Too many of those, if they induct people like him it's proof the HOF is very, very watery.
    I was about to argue about Bosh not being HOF but after looking at his career stats and the 11 time All Star, I think he's deserving.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I was about to argue about Bosh not being HOF but after looking at his career stats and the 11 time All Star, I think he's deserving.
    ASG stats playing his entire career in a very watery conference is borderline meaningless tbh.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    ASG stats playing his entire career in a very watery conference is borderline meaningless tbh.
    I actually agree with you here. Initially I scoffed as well and then I saw the 11 time All Star stat which looks impressive however, like you said, it was in a conference where there was absolutely no compe ion whatsoever at the position.

Quickly scan through the NBA HoF list and you'll see guys who did either one of three things

1) Were in the discussion of possibly being the best player at their position for atleast a few seasons. Very few exceptions here.

2) Guys who were dominant/famous for being one of the best ever at a single skill (i.e. Ray Allen in shooting, Mutombo in blocking shots etc)

3) Guys who are up there on the all time scoring list

Chris Bosh was never considered even top 3 at his position. Dirk, Garnett, Stoudemire, and Duncan were always ahead of him. And then later on, guys like Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Aldridge, and Gasol were right there with him. It just so happened that all these good power forwards were in the Western Conference. His championships shouldn't even be weighted at all considering he was the third (sometimes even fourth) wheel. The Heat were even mockingly nicknamed "The Big Two and a Half" due to him disappearing for long stretches.

I hate to use Obstructed_ 's term but he literally is the Black Kevin Love. A bunch of empty stats that meant nothing who turned into a role player on a championship team.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I actually agree with you here. Initially I scoffed as well and then I saw the 11 time All Star stat which looks impressive however, like you said, it was in a conference where there was absolutely no compe ion whatsoever at the position.

Quickly scan through the NBA HoF list and you'll see guys who did either one of three things

1) Were in the discussion of possibly being the best player at their position for atleast a few seasons. Very few exceptions here.

2) Guys who were dominant/famous for being one of the best ever at a single skill (i.e. Ray Allen in shooting, Mutombo in blocking shots etc)

3) Guys who are up there on the all time scoring list

Chris Bosh was never considered even top 3 at his position. Dirk, Garnett, Stoudemire, and Duncan were always ahead of him. And then later on, guys like Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Aldridge, and Gasol were right there with him. It just so happened that all these good power forwards were in the Western Conference. His championships shouldn't even be weighted at all considering he was the third (sometimes even fourth) wheel. The Heat were even mockingly nicknamed "The Big Two and a Half" due to him disappearing for long stretches.

I hate to use Obstructed_ 's term but he literally is the Black Kevin Love. A bunch of empty stats that meant nothing who turned into a role player on a championship team.
    Difference is, Bosh's three point shot was dreadful. But he was never bashful, even in clutch situations

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't think voters will ultimately take that into account.

That being said, there are better players who are not in HOF. Webber, Moncrief, a few others. But I expect Bosh will get in due to the combination of stats and the rings. I don't know for sure but I doubt there are any 11 time All Stars that haven't gotten in. I just checked and just about every player with 10 or more All Star games is in the HOF or is a lock to get in HOF. And you could probably say that about any player down to 8 ASG. Except for someone named, "Larry Foust".

I don't think there's any way Bosh doesn't make it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_All-Stars

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

That being said, there are better players who are not in HOF. Webber, Moncrief, a few others. But I expect Bosh will get in due to the combination of stats and the rings. I don't know for sure but I doubt there are any 11 time All Stars that haven't gotten in. I just checked and just about every player with 10 or more All Star games is in the HOF or is a lock to get in HOF. And you could probably say that about any player down to 8 ASG. Except for someone named, "Larry Foust".

Bosh also has the sympathy card working in his favor to reach the HOF. The voters will vote him in because his career was shortened due to blood clots.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bosh also has the sympathy card working in his favor to reach the HOF. The voters will vote him in because his career was shortened due to blood clots.
    Yeah...that's a good point too. I think he gets in regardless but that could get him in sooner than later.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Webber >>>>>>>>>> Bosh... Webber was in the WC most of his career and was far superior, and the alpha for a team that should have won the championship if not for a few very unlikely chance unlucky breaks in one game and a few horrible calls two games later.

Thread Information