My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The Guardian
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...?client=safari

While stories of police violence at Standing Rock have become commonplace, the account that spread last week was particularly shocking. An article from AlternativeMediaSyndicate.com said officers had burned the camps of indigenous activists fighting the Dakota Access pipeline – and destroyed their tipis.
    The piece, which included an image of multiple large tipis engulfed in flames, was shared more than 270,000 times on Facebook. But the photo was from a 2007 HBO film, and a key premise of the story was fake.
    “It’s absolutely frustrating,” said Dallas Goldtooth, an indigenous leader at Standing Rock who warned his followers on Facebook that the article was false. “There is so much misinformation.”

At Standing Rock, for example, progressive sites have published random photos of massive buffalo herds suggesting they were at the demonstrations. One Facebook page posted footage of Trump talking to tech leaders in a highly misleading video about tribal leaders meeting with the president’s transition team.
    A recent countercurrentnews.com article falselydeclared: “State Gives Cops the Green Light To Shoot DAPL Protesters On Sight”.

Other recent fake or misleading stories catering to progressive audiences include a LearnProgress.org piece that falsely said Melania Trump was selling jewelry on the White House website; a viral story about a boy handcuffed at an airport due to Trump’s immigration ban, which used a photo from 2015; and a Politicot.com storywith a fabricated Mike Pence quote about abortion and rape.
    Progressives have also widely shared tweets from a number of accounts claiming to be rogue government officials speaking out against Trump, even though there’s no evidence that they are run by public servants.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    If progressives are looking to be shocked, terrified, or incensed, they have plenty of options. Yet in the past two weeks, many have turned to a different avenue: They have shared “fake news,” online stories that look like real journalism but are full of fables and falsehoods.

Now the left has its own panoply of wishful thinking. Twitter accounts purportedly operated by disgruntled government employees—@AltNatParSer, @RogueNASA, and the extra dubious @RoguePOTUSStaff—have swelled in number to become a shadow bureaucracy. Conspiratorially minded Medium posts insist to anyone who will read them that the real story of the Trump administration is even more layered and nefarious than it seems. And satirical news of poor quality has gotten passed around as a weird story more than once. (Queen Elizabeth II didn’t actually say she could kill Donald Trump with a sword.)

Or at least that’s how it seems to me. Brooke Binkowski is the managing editor of Snopes, the English-speaking internet’s most important rumor-debunking site. It is her job to sit around and look at some of the most popular falsehoods on the web all day. Earlier this week, I asked her if she had seen a e in the amount and popularity of fake news aimed at liberals.

She immediately replied: “Of course yes!”
    “There’s a lot of confusion, and people are profiting from the confusion on all sides of the continuum,” she told me. She said she had seen a concerted e in fake news aimed at liberals since the inauguration.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The tale went something like this: A Jewish couple was forced to pull its child out of school so the family could "flee" town over fears stemming from "fake news" stories blaming them for the cancellation of a Christmas play.

Conservative news outlets had earlier seized on local reporting that indicated some parents believed a Pennsylvania elementary school's production of "A Christmas Carol" had been shuttered over the Jewish parents' alleged complaints over its line "God bless us, everyone."

The idea the performance was canceled over the famous line - which the school denied - caused outrage and, as the story went, left the Jewish family so worried for their safety that they decided to skip town.

It hit all the desired notes for left-leaning publications and personalities. It demonized outlets like Breitbart and Fox News while supposedly putting on display the real-life consequences of "fake news."

It was everywhere.

The only problem? The story wasn't true.

The Anti-Defamation League investigated it and, after speaking with the family, determined they had not fled town over fears of retribution. What they had done was go on a "previously planned vacation for the holidays."

"News reports alleging that a Jewish family has 'fled' Lancaster County are untrue and damaging," said Nancy Baron-Baer, a regional director for the ADL.

It was a garish instance of the left gleefully jumping on a thin news story that reinforced a political point, only to later learn its basic premise was incorrect.

And it wasn't an isolated incident. It was the latest in a trend of left-leaning media outlets running with a story riddled with misinformation, incidentally walking into a "fake news" trap they have vigorously cautioned against since President-elect Donald Trump won the November election.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    "Starts"? That has been leaning left forever.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

You seem to find the whole pizzagate investigation a joke so this should be easy for you.

ELE bet.

If if any of the people being researched by voat/4chan/Reddit are arrested in the next year you kill your account and any alts you have. I'll do the same if no one is arrested in that time frame.

Deal?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You seem to find the whole pizzagate investigation a joke so this should be easy for you.

ELE bet.

If if any of the people being researched by voat/4chan/Reddit are arrested in the next year you kill your account and any alts you have. I'll do the same if no one is arrested in that time frame.

Deal?
    Counter deal. I win, you buy me a pizza. You win, I buy myself a pizza. Deal?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Counter deal. I win, you buy me a pizza. You win, I buy myself a pizza. Deal?
    Don't act like a pussy now. You up my thread with your pizza gifs and think it's all a big joke. Time to step up.

ELE bet as originally offered. 1 year from today.

You in or pussing out?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Don't act like a pussy now. You up my thread with your pizza gifs and think it's all a big joke. Time to step up.

You in or pussing out?
    No deal. I don't want you pussing out when you're wrong. You gotta stay and eat that sandwich in front of us all.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    No deal. I don't want you pussing out when you're wrong. You gotta stay and eat that sandwich in front of us all.
    Okay then. I win the bet you kill your account and any alt. I lose I stay.

We got a deal now?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

You in or pussing out?
    I'll take that bet but I want the list of people defined, and the arrests need to be for something pizzagate related, I don't want you claiming to win the bet because one of the podestas got a DUI.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Okay then. I win the bet you kill your account and any alt. I lose I stay.

We got a deal now?
    If you lose, every week you have to create a new thread led "I was wrong about Pizzagate". Once a week, every week. And you have to put that under your username and in your sig as well, never changing either. If you accept, then I'm in.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'll take that bet but I want the list of people defined, and the arrests need to be for something pizzagate related, I don't want you claiming to win the bet because one of the podestas got a DUI.
    And this^

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Of course it has to be a pedo based arrest. The list of people being researched would be too time consuming to post here. How about I post the pedo arrest than provide a link to voat/4chan/Reddit showing that person was being researched there before the arrest. Would that work for you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it has to be a pedo based arrest. The list of people being researched would be too time consuming to post here. How about I post the pedo arrest than provide a link to voat/4chan/Reddit showing that person was being researched there before the arrest. Would that work for you?
    you should provide a list up front otherwise you can have some fringe guy who was mentioned in passing

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    you should provide a list up front otherwise you can have some fringe guy who was mentioned in passing
    This....I don't want someone with little to no association with the podestas/Clinton being included in when the whole point of the best is about how true/untrue the main storyline in pizzagate is.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    If you lose, every week you have to create a new thread led "I was wrong about Pizzagate". Once a week, every week. And you have to put that under your username and in your sig as well, never changing either. If you accept, then I'm in.
    Before I accept I want to be clear so you aren't ing at the end. Pizzagate was never just about the Podesta's and Alefantis. What sparked the research (handkerchief with a pizza related map) quickly morphed into an open sourced investigation spanning the globe with contributors from around the world. This is about exposing the elite pedophile rings, always has been. If a person is being researched/exposed and they are arrested are my terms.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    So basically if someone on Reddit makes a thread about Jerry Sandusky being a potential child molester you win the bet.

No thanks.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    This....I don't want someone with little to no association with the podestas/Clinton being included in when the whole point of the best is about how true/untrue the main storyline in pizzagate is.
    The "main storyline" was created by the media from the start in order to discredit the research. The "debunking" the media claimed was also fabricated as they quoted the Metro PD saying they investigated and debunked, only to reveal after an FOIA they never investigated.

I wont offer up some random John pedo as proof for the bet. I'm talking high up elite organized pedos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you kept spamming pictures of podesta art tbh... now its not about the podestas?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    you kept spamming pictures of podesta art tbh... now its not about the podestas?
    quite the backpedal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its called pizzagate not elitepedogate

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Don't play stupid. You've been in that thread long enough to know it's never just been about Podestas/Alefantis/Clinton

Thread Information