My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The stats on Gregg Popper break down interestingly from 2008 forward. I chose 2008 forward because to me and most of us, the most significant driving force to Spurs success was Timmy Duncan during 1999-2007. Duncar may have passed as the leagues undisputed MVP status to LeBron after 2007.

66-47 overall pretty snazzy win %.
    41-17 the glory years II, that being 2012 13 14 yet only one le to show for it. With 2014 many feeling the best coaching season of Pops career. STs own poll voting 12-1 for 2014.
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/poll...do=showresults

25-30 is 2008 09 10 11 15 16 That is not just unimpressive, it's downright suck ass. 4 of those 25 wins came against 2016 Memphis, one of if not the most injured and out teams of NBA playoff history. We could speculate the Spurs may well have won that series with me playing the point guard and your grandmother playing power forward. Regardless it was vs an NBA team and the wins definitely count. FWIW we rolled Memphis, didn't just beat them.

*9-8 the past two seasons. *4 vs Memphis.

Thoughts looking back and as we move into 2017?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow so an all time great declines and the team success deteriorates along with it?

what's next, you gonna analyze the chicago bulls after jordan retired?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 & 4 in last 5 postseason in Western Conference is good

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    OP is a got

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I've actually conducted an analysis of my own throughout the past 9 years during that time frame. The research included a multi-stage Simple Random Survey with a second tier of Cluster sampling to account for the variance of the population density.

The population parameter to be measured in this survey ("mu") is the average number of posts in a Fabbs thread before he starts getting laughed at. Our survey only included 100 Fabbs threads for a couple of reasons

1) to eliminate Bias as best we can. In Statistics, it is common practice to survey no larger than 10% of the population (the population in this study was the total # of Fabbs threads over his entire career on Spurstalk). Also, we wanted the survey to be large enough in order to use a Normal model. Using a t-model in this case with 99 degrees of freedom, approximates a Normal model closely enough, so we went ahead and used the Central Limit Theorem assumption

2) a second, and more important reason, is that Fabbs' threads are generally of a certain quality that will make your head hurt if you read too many of them. Ethical factors were considered in this study and we didn't want to injure any of our participants

The necessary assumptions were made (Independence Assumption, 10% assumption, Randomization assumption). The statistics were as follows...

y^ = 0.83
    SD(y) = 1.16
    95% Confidence Interval (-1.49, 3.15)

The Confidence Interval in this study is interpreted as being 95% certain the true average number of posts in a Fabbs thread before it gets derailed is between -1.49 and 3.15.

We also did a secondary study in which we made an inference on the difference between two means. The "mean" of his threads from 2008-2013 and from 2013 - present. We saw that the avg. number of posts decreased from 2.3 to 0.4 in that time frame. That is a pretty sharp decrease as the years went on and there was a pretty strong negative correlation between the two variables (r = -.94).

In conclusion, we must remind our readers that Correlation does not equal Causation. We do not know whether or not this decline is due to posters becoming quicker to jump on Fabbs or if there is a lurking variable such as Fabbs' brain cells declining due to an outside factor such as excessive exposure to environmental toxins (i.e. cat litter).

We leave the reader to draw his or her own conclusions on where the data will head into the future

My conclusion is....

OP is a got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow so an all time great declines and the team success deteriorates along with it?

what's next, you gonna analyze the chicago bulls after jordan retired?
    67-15

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 & 4 in last 5 postseason in Western Conference is good
    10 and 4 representing?

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're going to have some down years due to injuries/match-ups, it's not like Pop has had a top 3 player in the league to work with.. KD and WB both in their primes or losing to the Clippers on a last second shot with no HCA..

Hes done really well, one fluke play from being undefeated in the Finals..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're going to have some down years due to injuries/match-ups, it's not like Pop has had a top 3 player in the league to work with.. KD and WB both in their primes or losing to the Clippers on a last second shot with no HCA..

Hes done really well, one fluke play from being undefeated in the Finals..
    Cmon in out of the ice.
    Which teams had the better rosters?
    OKC please. Plus ST had a poll on this, many of the Pop Lovers felt the Spurs had the better roster.
    Clippers the year before with a better roster? Lets get you off crack.

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cmon in out of the ice.
    Which teams had the better rosters?
    OKC please. Plus ST had a poll on this, many of the Pop Lovers felt the Spurs had the better roster.
    Clippers the year before with a better roster? Lets get you off crack.
    Clippers had the better record and TOSB Duncan was the best player in that series, I'm sorry but if 40 yr old Duncan has to carry your squad you're not going to win , it was a last second flukie CP0 hit over Duncan, otherwise we're talking WCF at minimum in 2015

OKC had one of the best rebounding teams since the 80s Celtics and two of the top 5 players in the game who just went crazy hot in that series while the Spurs went cold after the first 2 games

Some years Spurs went out early due to injuries, it is what it is, look back on the Memphis series and think if they would have lost in the 1st round had Manu not been injured..

And yes, Clippers 1-5 were a better team in 2015

CP0, Griffin, Jordan, Re , Crawford > 40 yr old Duncan, young Kawhi, corpse of Tony Parker, Danny Green and Tiago Sppplitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers had the better record and TOSB Duncan was the best player in that series, I'm sorry but if 40 yr old Duncan has to carry your squad you're not going to win , it was a last second flukie CP0 hit over Duncan, otherwise we're talking WCF at minimum in 2015

OKC had one of the best rebounding teams since the 80s Celtics and two of the top 5 players in the game who just went crazy hot in that series while the Spurs went cold after the first 2 games

Some years Spurs went out early due to injuries, it is what it is, look back on the Memphis series and think if they would have lost in the 1st round had Manu not been injured..

CP0, Griffin, Jordan, Re , Crawford > 40 yr old Duncan, young Kawhi, corpse of Tony Parker, Danny Green and Tiago Sppplitter
    On paper, it's funny af that clippers series went 7 games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ya good thing Popped kept Boban chained to the bench as the OKC goons out rebounded us.
    Who inserted the corpse of Tony Parker into the starting lineup and in game deciding 4th quarter crunch time?

And the Grizzleys roster was better for the 1st round exit?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17-16 since 2014's 'ship.

8-8 2017.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

8-8 2017.
    First time anybody has said this aloud.

Fabbs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First time anybody has said this aloud.

Fabbs
    Lakers record in the post season since 2013...

See below...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

8-8 2017.
    CIA Pop is 16-20 since 2014.
    Can he surge above .500 with his core of Derozon, Patty and Gasol?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    who gives a stop bumping old ....yall asses won't make the playoffs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL your Laker schtick is among the lamest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who gives a stop bumping old ....yall asses won't make the playoffs
    care to put money on that mister Fake Playa?

Thread Information