San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GorKKKa "resigns"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tom Price got you're fired.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/29/politi....html?adkey=bn

ing nitwits chosen by Trump are dropping like flies.

Good riddance to that asshole.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the BEST people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Det ceo mentality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the BEST people
    Rick.

ing.

Perry.

(vomits a little)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trump is not going to put up with crap
    other presidents let it go but trump will not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who is the treasury secretary again?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is this Trump bowing to pressure from the media or is this part of him pivoting on healthcare after announcing he'll work with the Democrats on it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is the treasury secretary again?

Isn't it the guy who took his wife on a jaunt to Fort Knox to watch the eclipse. He wanted to inspect the gold.

I am not making that up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coi...-gold.all.html

Steven Mnuchin’s Aug. 21 visit to the gold vaults of the Fort Knox Gold Bullion Depository in Kentucky was the first by a Treasury secretary in 69 years. It had been more than four decades since a senior Treasury Department official inspected the bulk of the nation’s gold reserves.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Isn't it the guy who took his wife on a jaunt to Fort Knox to watch the eclipse. He wanted to inspect the gold.

I am not making that up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ducks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ducks

If there's one thing to say about this clown, he's consistent...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is this Trump bowing to pressure from the media or is this part of him pivoting on healthcare after announcing he'll work with the Democrats on it?
    Neither, although I could see the latter happening depending on the midterms outcome. Price was supposed to be the guy that could craft the repeal plan that could get passed. He failed and then gave Trump an easy reason to kick him to the curb.

edit:that is if a healthcare bill doesn't get passed in the spring which is what I think will happen. I think by the end of spring Trump will have healthcare and tax reform under his belt. I'm not sure they'll get tax reform done by years end but I don't see the GOP going into the midterms with nothing done.
    Last edited by SnakeBoy; 09-29-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither, although I could see the latter happening depending on the midterms outcome. Price was supposed to be the guy that could craft the repeal plan that could get passed. He failed and then gave Trump an easy reason to kick him to the curb.

edit:that is if a healthcare bill doesn't get passed in the spring which is what I think will happen. I think by the end of spring Trump will have healthcare and tax reform under his belt. I'm not sure they'll get tax reform done by years end but I don't see the GOP going into the midterms with nothing done.
    Why do you think healthcare will get passed in the spring (or at all). Or do you think McCain will die and be replaced by another senator who will provide a 50th vote for some skinny repeal - cause that Maine senator won't ever vote for repeal and Paul wont vote for any loaded plan and who knows how the Alaskan one will vote.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think healthcare will get passed in the spring (or at all). Or do you think McCain will die and be replaced by another senator who will provide a 50th vote for some skinny repeal - cause that Maine senator won't ever vote for repeal and Paul wont vote for any loaded plan and who knows how the Alaskan one will vote.
    No I'm not predicting his death. McCain's gripe with this last round was the rushed process not so much the bill itself and I think he saved the GOP by killing the awful skinny repeal. Graham's general idea of turning the ACA money over to the states to administer seems like one they can get passed with a little more time. Paul can say what he wants but I don't think he's willing to be the guy that kept Obamacare alive at the end of the day. We'll see but I think they'll make another run at healthcare this spring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So are you thinking he leaked Price's private air travel to the media to give him an easy reason to fire Price? I wonder if Trump is going to do something bipartisan on healthcare just so he can claim victory. So he can claim he fixed Obama's mess. I'm really surprised the GOP has been such a cluster in passing his agenda, but I don't think he gives a about them. I figured he was going to govern from the hard right, which he did the first 7 months in office, but I also thought congress was going to get a lot done with GOP control in the house, senate, executive, and supreme court. But now that Trump's seeing his congress can't back that hard right position up I'm starting to wonder if he doesn't go center right in what he tries to push through congress (I think he'll stay hard right on judicial appointments and such).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I'm not predicting his death. McCain's gripe with this last round was the rushed process not so much the bill itself and I think he saved the GOP by killing the awful skinny repeal.
    McCain's kind of tough to call, because he hasn't complained just about the secretive process. He also said it should be bipartisan. Murkowski wants a bipartisan bill too, so she might only go along with something that could get Democrat votes to get to 60.

Graham's general idea of turning the ACA money over to the states to administer seems like one they can get passed with a little more time.
    Maybe, but with open hearings you're going to hear huge opposition in red states like Ohio that expanded medicaid and would lose a ton of money under Graham-Cassidy. I do think the tax cut should be able to be passed if they get rid of the inability to deduct state taxes and perhaps add a lowest bracket at 8%. Then they'd likely get a few Democrat votes from red state dem senators like Tester and McCaskill who face difficult re-election campaigns in Trump country in 2018. I doubt he can get to sixty though, so the tax cut will need to be done in a reconciliation bill.

It would be dangerous to try to bundle healthcare into the tax reconciliation bill. I think he might have to do something to get 60 votes on healthcare, and that will require the bill to swing significantly left to peel off ten or so Democrats (I assume he'd lose a couple of far right senators like Cruz and Paul by working with the Democrats).

Paul can say what he wants but I don't think he's willing to be the guy that kept Obamacare alive at the end of the day. We'll see but I think they'll make another run at healthcare this spring.
    Of course Paul will vote yes on an reconciliation ACA repeal that has any chance of passing. Just like he did on the motion to proceed to the skinny repeal and on the actual skinny repeal. He isn't his father. He'll go along with any reconciliation bill.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    damn, you guys want him dead.

sick puppies in here.

get yourselves checked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not want McCain dead just retired

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team