Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Nobody on the planet has a highlight reel as fun as this guy's.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    3:51

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Imagine if they included 40+ yard receptions period. Him and Barry Sanders tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yup, Randy and Barry are the most electrifying players I've ever seen on offense. On defense id have to go with prime deion sanders.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Imagine if they included 40+ yard receptions period. Him and Barry Sanders tbh

Barry is #2 for me. Only reason he isn't 1 is because a deep ball is inherently more exciting than a handoff. But Barry going backwards and risking a 5 yd loss, only to juke four guys and turn it into a 20 yd gain is pretty incredible too.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Hugh "The King" McElhenny
    Willie Galimore
    Devin Hester

All were big in the....WOW~~~....factor. That..."did I really just see that?"

Gale Sayers led the nation in the long jump as a HS is, 24-11. His older brother Roger a world class sprinter, one of the few to ever beat Bob Hayes. And he was a great footballer also, but at 160 pounds....................

Speaking of Florida A&M, that's where Hayes went.

The reason Galimore isn't better known is because those Bears also had a great fullback named Rick Casares, a 1000 yard rusher. Yep, they shared carries.

The HS videos of Reggie Bush and Noel Devine have to be seen to be believed, totally amazing.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-15-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    His highlight video is right there with the above. But when it comes to just one play.............

Mack "The Truck" Lee Hills story is a unique one. He was hurt his senior season at Southern U, so he got forgotten come draft time. The Chiefs sign him on as a few agent. When it comes to running mad with power here it was...."The Truck". He ran like something bad would happen to his family if he went down. The guy was a monster. He averaged over 5 yards a carry as a power back. His runs left you stunned.

He only played two seasons before an injured knee did him in. He died on the operating table.

What a bummer there isn't a video of this monstrosity.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-15-2017 at 02:14 PM.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Randy Moss is the most entertaining player in football history.

IMO though, Shaq was the most entertaining in any sport simply because of the sheer dominance that nobody has come close to duplicating since then. Atleast five times a game he'll just grab the ball, post you up, and teabag you

I always like watching pure power over pure athleticism. THat's just me though.

I took Shaq for granted watching him when I was younger but we'll probably never see anyone like him again

Most entertaining player for 1 season:

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Most entertaining player for 1 season:

i forgot Big Ben lost a playoff game to Tebow......maybe I should take him out of my top 5 all time qb's list.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Deion Sanders easily

For my generation(last few years of the 90s to present), off the top of my head: Moss, Rodgers, Favre, early Vick, Devin Hester kick returns, Marshawn Lynch..

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    The little scat-backs are always the most fun to watch. I used to love watching Eric Metcalf, except when Belichick ran him between the tackles. But Barry Sanders is #1 for me even though sometimes he did too much dancing behind the LOS.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    i forgot Big Ben lost a playoff game to Tebow......maybe I should take him out of my top 5 all time qb's list.
    And the following week, Tom Brady raped him within an inch of his career.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    For my generation(last few years of the 90s to present), off the top of my head: Moss, Rodgers, Favre, early Vick, Devin Hester kick returns, Marshawn Lynch..
    You remember Dante Hall?

That was right when I started watching football but he was pretty exciting as a kick returner. For some reason I always thought Chris Johnson was fun to watch. I thought he was an idiot the way he ran sometimes and I never thought he was better than Peterson, but some of his highlight reel runs were pretty crazy.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Rodgers and Young imo

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bo was fun to watch

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The little scat-backs are always the most fun to watch. I used to love watching Eric Metcalf, except when Belichick ran him between the tackles. But Barry Sanders is #1 for me even though sometimes he did too much dancing behind the LOS.
    Terry Metcalf was a 25-10 long jumper while at Long Beach State, his son Eric a 27-8 NCAA champion.

And they both had this....

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Bo was fun to watch

In that long run vs Bengals where Bo gets ran down the announcers are stunned. But they shouldn't have been. The guy chasing Bo was Rod Jones a stud SMU sprinter, yep, faster than Bo.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

When the AFL first came into existance in 1960 their first star was a RB/KR out of North Texas State named Abner Haynes***, he was something else but no videos of his amazing exploits.

*** Dallas Texans/KC Chiefs.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I'll get for this, and deservedly so, but I have to go with Kobe...he made so many high-degree-of-difficulty shots on a nightly basis, as well being a threat to go for 50-60 on any given night.

NFL - Moss...His rookie year--although not as statistically good as 2007--is still my favorite individual season. I was a Moss fanboi after that and used to have his NFL2K poster that came with the Dreamcast game.
    I still hate Gary Anderson for ruining what would've been the juiciest SB matchup in NFL history.
    Honorable mentions: Lawrence Taylor and Ed Reed

MLB - Barry Bonds

NHL - another homer pick...Pavel Bure

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    NBA-Manu
    NFL-Vick
    MLB-Bonds
    Soccer-Messi
    Tennis-Nalbandian

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Imagine a tour to spotlight one star player.

Red "The Galloping Ghost" Grange

Grange was immediately courted by teams in the National Football League. The long-suffering Rochester Jeffersons made a last-ditch effort to sign Grange at a salary of $5,000 per game, but were unable to do so, a key factor in the team's demise.[16] The Chicago Bears ultimately signed him; player/manager George Halas agreed to a contract for a*** 19-game barnstorming tour****, signed the day after Grange played his last college game. The contract earned Grange a salary and share of gate receipts that amounted to $100,000, during an era when typical league salaries were less than $100/game.[10] That**** 67-day tour is credited with legitimizing professional football***** and the NFL in the United States.
    On December 6, 1925, between 65,000 and 73,000 people showed up at the Polo Grounds to watch Grange, helping save the New York Giants' franchise.[10][17] Grange scored a touchdown on a 35-yard interception return in the Bears' 19–7 victory. Offensively, he ran for 53 yards on 11 carries, caught a 23-yard pass, and completed two of three passes for 32 yards.[10] In his first year, he accounted for at least 401 total yards and three touchdowns in his five official NFL games for the Bears.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    One of the most unique and exciting players was Fran Tarkenton. The league had never seen anything like him before. That scrambling around he did was very different than how QB's played. Talk about extending plays, he was Da Man.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Ray Lewis and Ed Reed in their primes were the most entertaining players, tbh.

Thread Information