Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lowe also mentioned that Kawhi various defensive metrics have stabilized, but it seems like that click-bait got Matt Moore may have caused a permanent damage to his DPOY chances by his widely disseminated article.....We still have a full third of season to go for Kawhi to get himself back in conversation for that award, and we are already #1 defensive team in the league..

* transcript of Lowe case for Kawhi above..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO have their PG plans already set, imho. Unless a star can be had (CP3/Lowry), they are going to roll with TP as starter for what would be the last year of his current contract and Murray as the backup. Mills would probably be too expensive to mantain, tbh.
    I don't think things will be just handed to Murray. Then on top of that they need a shooter playing next to him which Simmons is not... I still expect the Spurs to add a guard to replace Manu's 3 pt shooting in the bench. They have Forbes as a Patty understudy but I also expect them to get someone else just in case Forbes turn out not an NBA player.... just too many unknown factors for Pop to be comfortable about his bench guards as they are without Manu (and imagining Mills takes a lucrative offer + role elsewhere).
    Without Manu and Mills, the bench is not going to be Murray and Forbes or Simmons for example. I expect them to add a veteran to that mix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lowe's still trying to figure out why the Spurs aren't in the Celtics' tier like he predicted they would be.
    Well, I think he'd say Kawhi Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like him or not, Lowe's quasi endorsement is very important for Kawhi....he is probably the most widely read NBA analyst today, and his opinion is very respected by many in the business..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kiwi robbed Draymond of 2 DPOY's. Now he about to start robbing MVP throphies as well smh.
    Stopped watching the Suck-fest called the Lakers and hopped on the Sanny Franny bandwagon, eh?
    You're definitely Californian... Just like the rest of 'em.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I firmly believe Murray's going to significantly improve his shot.
    The kid wants greatness and he listens and works hard for it.

He's going to be big next year.

BIG I tell you!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like him or not, Lowe's quasi endorsement is very important for Kawhi....he is probably the most widely read NBA analyst today, and his opinion is very respected by many in the business..
    agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think things will be just handed to Murray. Then on top of that they need a shooter playing next to him which Simmons is not... I still expect the Spurs to add a guard to replace Manu's 3 pt shooting in the bench. They have Forbes as a Patty understudy but I also expect them to get someone else just in case Forbes turn out not an NBA player.... just too many unknown factors for Pop to be comfortable about his bench guards as they are without Manu (and imagining Mills takes a lucrative offer + role elsewhere).
    Without Manu and Mills, the bench is not going to be Murray and Forbes or Simmons for example. I expect them to add a veteran to that mix.
    Yep, and that veteran should be a wing/3pt shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, and that veteran should be a wing/3pt shooter.
    Anyways, I do expect them to add a vet to play with him, who can replace some 3 pt shooting the bench would lose with Manu/Mills exiting... Heck they never replaced Beli and they are still complaining about it. I expect whoever they sign to be a vet guard (who Pops has no problem playing as wings) and a shooter of some sort (can't be Forbes who maybe is like their 3rd string "PG:". I could be wrong of course and one never knows who is going to be willing to sign/for how much/etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I firmly believe Murray's going to significantly improve his shot.
    The kid wants greatness and he listens and works hard for it.

He's going to be big next year.

BIG I tell you!
    Heck
    I want him to play this season.. my comment is more about replacing some shooting they will be missing. They need an offensive player next to him. I doubt they plop the responsibility on him right off the bat when they didn't do that with Leonard even like that. Going from almost zero.. scarce playing time.. to featured guy? no. Heck... Simmons played more than Dijon did in his rookie season.
    Expectations are being adjusted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant is an objectively better offensive player and is a better defensive player this year.
    Actually Leonard averages more than Durant and we won't even discuss defense..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TGY be like

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is going to be so fun to watch for years ahead. Still can't believe how lucky the spurs were to get him.. and bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in the discussion"..

@ 25:30

Finally someone said it out loud..

Lol @ Don Harris' major fail last year. He said Kawhi was maybe top 5 in a 1 man race for MVP. Kawhi finished 2nd - yes top 5 but he wasn't putting him in the same class as Lebron, Durant, Westbrook or Harden.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually Leonard averages more than Durant and we won't even discuss defense..
    He also shoots less, and has 1.5 more assists per game and is shooting 53 percent. And if you don't want to go into defense, where it is less close, thats ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also shoots less, and has 1.5 more assists per game and is shooting 53 percent. And if you don't want to go into defense, where it is less close, thats ok
    Whose troll is this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he was in LA with the same record hed be mvp.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he was in LA with the same record hed be mvp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flamed his ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That guy's a dip

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another troll posing as a Spurs fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bc there's 3 other all stars to spread the ball to, he gets more open shots due to less attention, like I said, he gets wide open shots, and Kawhi is the 2 time defending dpoy.

Anything else?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another troll posing as a Spurs fan.
    Saying Durant is a great defender and is a better player than kawhi would not be a controversial opinion in any NBA circle except here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bc there's 3 other all stars to spread the ball to, he gets more open shots due to less attention, like I said, he gets wide open shots, and Kawhi is the 2 time defending dpoy.

Anything else?
    Yes, he was better than kawhi last year when he had all those things. And kawhi is having a down defensive year. Kawhi in the last two years is better than kawhi this year on defense. Kawhi is a better offensive player this year though. Overall he's better I think but its not that different.

Thread Information