Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being a part of a winning franchise like the Spurs will give you chances that others dont have? How many smart coaches were ruined by bad players and vise versa? Players do exactly what Pops wants because they believe in him before they put on their practice jerseys. Could some young coach tell an all-star what to do? No but Pop could because of his track record. Alot of that track record was because of what TD did.

Also to copy what Down Under said, alot of credit has to go to RC for getting these great players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really disheartning that this schtick and Narrative has gotten so overboad and out of hand...

You would think Greg Popvich would actually do something about this, but he's too buys praising himself and talking about Trump for some minority points.

At no point in any of the Duncan years was popvich even close to Duncan level of importance as far as competing goes.
    You know Poop loves it. He has launched a concerted effort to discredit Tim's legacy in order to stroke his own ego. It's pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you have to be a huge homer to think Duncan wasnt helped by the system

Replace him with KG or Webber or any good big and Spurs still have 5
    What a ty take. Totally oblivious to the points already made in this thread that invalidate yours.

Meanwhile, you have an overrated sucker as your avatar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't college football. There's no such thing as winning championships because you simply have a great system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That assessment isn't entirely wrong when considering that for the first four championships, the "system" was to dump the ball to Tim and go from there.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Safe space poster wanting attention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think most coaches bring a offensive system to the table or develop one around the talent given. Popovich is no different in this regard. Where a player is concerned the word "system" is now used to downgrade his talents. A slap in the face. As a long time fan of the game and Tim Duncan, I would only say that he is the most disciplined player in modern history of the NBA. Discipline and talent are the reasons for his success. Without Tim's discipline Pop's system wouldn't have worked, nor would there be banners hanging from the rafters. We've all seen systems without discipline and talent.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well said. I remember an interview where TD said he never gets too high or too low when playing. I think thats a big secret to his success and takes mental discipline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I see the gots angle here. I haven't heard anyone say this, but keep on thinking that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you have to be a huge homer to think Duncan wasnt helped by the system

Replace him with KG or Webber or any good big and Spurs still have 5
    Trolls be trolling.

MJ without Phil - 0 rings

Kobe without Phil - 0 rings

At least Pop developed his own system. He didn't steal it from Tex Winter like Phil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I work with Laker/Kobe fans, who have repeatedly said the same thing, it's annoying but I get back by calling Kobe "Pippen" to Shaq and watching them lose it.
    We shouldn't care about them but damn...they're annoying af.

Also, some guys on national media helped to build this "Tim Duncan never reached Kobe level..Shaq was more explosive..." What's about the best overall player, the most complete player of his generation?

those people repeat talking points without actually watching and forming their own opinion's, they're morons.
    Stupid narratives...People shouldn't let others think for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan's success and Kawhi's success can be attributed to the one common man in their rosters: William Anthony Parker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really disheartning that this schtick and Narrative has gotten so overboad and out of hand...

You would think Greg Popvich would actually do something about this, but he's too buys praising himself and talking about Trump for some minority points.

At no point in any of the Duncan years was popvich even close to Duncan level of importance as far as competing goes.
    Link, moron??

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You know Poop loves it. He has launched a concerted effort to discredit Tim's legacy in order to stroke his own ego. It's pathetic.
    Truthbomb right here tbh

Thread Information