Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he say we are unbeatable or beautiful to watch?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do some of you manage to get offended so damn easily? This isn't some shot at SA; it's praise for Kawhi.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oooh they mad
    Hes 100% right

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do some of you manage to get offended so damn easily? This isn't some shot at SA; it's praise for Kawhi.
    Not offended. Just relaying Kerr's message. I don't think he's wrong frankly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need Kawhi just like Kerr needs Steph/Klay/Durant/Green. He loses one of them and things get bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a bit of psychological warfare, Kerr makes note of the Spurs over-reliance on Kawhi, implicitly contrasting him with GS's many weapons.

That's not what "relies on him too much" means in that context. It's a compliment to KL, nothing to do with Spurs. The opposite would be Kerr saying KL can take a night off because the team doesn't rely on him too much, meaning he's a low end role player.

The quality of troll has really diminished since it was left to the Pinoy contingent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not what "relies on him too much" means in that context. It's a compliment to KL, nothing to do with Spurs. The opposite would be Kerr saying KL can take a night off because the team doesn't rely on him too much, meaning he's a low end role player.

The quality of troll has really diminished since it was left to the Pinoy contingent.
    Kerr need to share what he said about Kawhi that with Durant, ya know, since Kawhi is just a system player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr need to share what he said about Kawhi that with Durant, ya know, since Kawhi is just a system player.
    KD has revised his take on Kawhi, did it some time ago. Time to move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://youtu.be/LYfND45juV4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half the jokes on here are based on half truths. Get over yourself.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You really think the term "relies on him too much" couldn't, nay wouldn't have been worded differently if that's the message Kerr wanted to send?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really think the term "relies on him too much" couldn't, nay wouldn't have been worded differently if that's the message Kerr wanted to send?
    No I don't.

Person A: Can you sell me that watch?
    Person B: no, I need it too much to sell it

Is person A overly dependent on the watch?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half the jokes on here are based on half truths. Get over yourself.
    I am half over myself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much every team in the league who doesn't have four ing All-Stars is overly dependent on one guy.

If Kawhi went down, the Spurs would be ed.

If Lebron went down, the Cavs would be ed.

If Harden went down, Houston would be super ed.

It's easy for Kerr to say that when he can lose or rest one of his stars, and still have more talent on the floor than 95% of teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much every team in the league who doesn't have four ing All-Stars is overly dependent on one guy.

If Kawhi went down, the Spurs would be ed.

If Lebron went down, the Cavs would be ed.

If Harden went down, Houston would be super ed.

It's easy for Kerr to say that when he can lose or rest one of his stars, and still have more talent on the floor than 95% of teams.
    Agree, Cavs are nothing without him but it doesn't change the fact that they have three All Stars.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, Cavs are nothing without him but it doesn't change the fact that they have three All Stars.
    But after that we are deep and, is Love really a deserving all-star?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But after that we are deep and, is Love really a deserving all-star?
    Well, it's the weak East.

Watching some games I'd say we're the deepest team behind Warriors...In other nights I think we're just Kawhi. And LMA, in an assertive, good shooting game.

But most nights I'm sure the Spurs are an unbalanced team, the best players are all frontcourt players and the rest of guys are a liability on offense...or defense...or both ends.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same happened to Tim for like 15 years. Itīs the way it is most of the time, as teams usually donīt have 4 all-stars.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Kerr gave that scout a bonus for that insightful information about Kawhi and the Spurs.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I don't.

Person A: Can you sell me that watch?
    Person B: no, I need it too much to sell it

Is person A overly dependent on the watch?
    That's not a fitting analogy, tbh. And yes, Kerr would've worded it differently if he had a different meaning.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same happened to Tim for like 15 years. Itīs the way it is most of the time, as teams usually donīt have 4 all-stars.
    Who has 4 all stars?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not a fitting analogy, tbh. And yes, Kerr would've worded it differently if he had a different meaning.
    Sure it is. You just don't have a firm grasp on context in the English language where dialect is concerned.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure it is. You just don't have a firm grasp on context in the English language where dialect is concerned.
    I perfectly understood your meaning. I just don't think it's applicable. Kerr is not an idiot. He understands his words are amplified. He doesn't basically call out a Spurs deficiency unless he wants to get a psychological advantage. It'd be stupid for him to just be callously spit balling about a rival.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I perfectly understood your meaning. I just don't think it's applicable. Kerr is not an idiot. He understands his words are amplified. He doesn't basically call out a Spurs deficiency unless he wants to get a psychological advantage. It'd be stupid for him to just be callously spit balling about a rival.
    No. Kerr is a Pop disciple and like Pop's other disciples, worships the master. Kerr knows Pop can't be trolled and that he doesn't need to troll Pop because he hasn't met him in the playoffs since he's been coaching.

When someone says they need something too much to dispense of it, they are giving that thing high praise. "I couldn't live without my 70" TV" doesn't mean the person would actually die and they are overly dependent on it. When Kerr says the Spurs rely too much on Kawhi, he's saying they rely too much on him to simply not play him many minutes. There's a qualifier. You're just trying to create drama where none exists. I know the season is boring so far but there's no need for this kind of .

Thread Information