View Poll Results: Which player loss would have the biggest impact on Team Defensive Rating?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kawhi

12 57.14%
  • Dedmon

4 19.05%
  • Danny

2 9.52%
  • LMa

3 14.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    hahahaha this guy is melting down hard hahahaha

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laker fans.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    lmao it looks like your own fellow Spur fans dont even respect you

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao it looks like your own fellow Spur fans dont even respect you
    What do you know about respect?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread le specifically says defensive raring and OP later acts like he's talking about "totality"
    He's not wrong that someone has to score and that the DRtgs might fall when the load is redistributed. There are just two issues. The first is that the Spurs had little problem being a top offense without Kawhi so far this season, so it's not even clear that the ORtg wouldn't bump up. The second is that with less Kawhi and no star, the team still have a strong offense and elite D.

It's just not clear that other guys scoring more would drop the D. Of course, they would lose more games without Kawhi, so something would have to give somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every starter is a negative, though most are positives without Kawhi. Kawhi's defensive on-offs are the worst on the team by an order of magnitude. I don't think people understand it.
    understand what? Are you saying the spurs are better defensively without kawhi?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're basically saying this the spurs would be better without kawhi. Wow, just wow. Have you been hacked by Matt Moore?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm saying they have played better D without Kawhi on the court this season. I'm sure for a given possession where they need a stop, Kawhi's as great as ever. But as dabom said, when you factor in both sides of the ball, the Spurs have a harder time locking guys down with Kawhi on the court.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm saying they have played better D without Kawhi on the court this season. I'm sure for a given possession where they need a stop, Kawhi's as great as ever. But as dabom said, when you factor in both sides of the ball, the Spurs have a harder time locking guys down with Kawhi on the court.
    i never said that. I've said Kawhi should be the DPOY all year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're basically saying this the spurs would be better without kawhi. Wow, just wow. Have you been hacked by Matt Moore?
    People misunderstand Moore's article. They think he was attacking Kawhi. But he wasn't. He was trying to excuse Kawhi's numbers by attacking everyone else on the team.

There's this independent fact that Kawhi's stats are horrible right now. Moore tried to say that's because teams where playing four-on-four and exploiting Parker and Pau. Others (RealGM people for example) think it's because Kawhi's finally getting exposed. My argument was completely different than either of those.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're talking about the regular season. Let me know when slomo can go toe to toe with the likes of KD and Lebron in the playoffs. You're insinuating that the Spurs are a better team without Kawhi.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mother er just said that.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're talking about the regular season. Let me know when slomo can go toe to toe with the likes of KD and Lebron in the playoffs. You're insinuating that the Spurs are a better team without Kawhi.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would get exposed with SLOMO on defense in the playoffs.

Saying saying dedmon is a better defender than Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not going to pretend that I know even half of what you know about analytics and all that stuff but I know a stupid claim when I see one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    er, I'm not insinuating . I'm straight-up saying that the Spurs haven't been as good defensively when Kawhi's on the court. I'm not implying anything by that, and I'm not trying to say it a different way. That's just obvious from looking at the stats. In the playoffs, that will only change if the actual performance of the players change.

If Kawhi starts getting more steals and blocks and rebounds, and his man stops scoring as much on him, then yes, his number will get better. Then you can say that Kawhi started playing better D like the star he is, blah blah blah. That what happens with Lebron every year. But that won't change these numbers now, or what they mean for a DPOY race.

And no, I have said, explicitly and multiple times in this thread that the Spurs would be a worse team without Kawhi -- on both ends even. Stop trying to interpret an agenda when I actually wrote down the opposite of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA. He's the anchor of the system. kawhi is the best defensive player on the planet, but that's not the question.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not the question got. Can you ing read?
    Ok in totality LMA or Kawhi because they play more minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. I think the Spurs' DRtg would be just fine with Anderson starting, which is your question. They're offense would suck so bad, though.

Believe me, you don't want to go down the rabbit hole of connecting D to O. That looks worse for Kawhi.
    Offense would be so awful that it would translate to the D in a negative way, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offense would be so awful that it would translate to the D in a negative way, imho.
    It could, but probably not enough to really hurt it. There are multiple teams that have good defenses and bad offenses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook you know about hoops, but really surprise me your effort to negate the reality. Kawhi is our best defender and KA isn't good as you say (even defensively).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No option for Parker...biased poll.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course Kyle can't do that. No one on this team can.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hahahaha this guy is melting down hard hahahaha

Thread Information