Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA All Star weekend is quickly becoming as bad as the Pro Bowl.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ASG is intended to entertain kids, tbh..the objective has been successful, kids still love it, it's just as popular as ever..they don't watch the game to see defense, they tune in to watch their favorite player dunk and handle..

Adding incentive for players to play hard in a pickup game would be asinine the NBA would never do it, nor should they..who the wants to watch a key player get hurt in a pickup game?

The dunk contest sucked, but that was predictable..the NBA has never had 3 consecutive entertaining dunk contests(not to mention the dunk contest probably shouldn't even exist anymore, since everything has been done..they were pretty fortunate that Gordon and Lavine put on the shows they did the past 2 years)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA All Star weekend is quickly becoming as bad as the Pro Bowl.
    It's worse imo because it's got multiple ty events.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, plus advancements in technology have made the whole concept of an all-star game pointless. All-star games were awesome in a world where there was no basic cable, no digital cable, no satellite packages like Sunday Ticket and Extra Innings, and no online streaming services like League Pass. All-star games were often the only time that fans all over the country could see certain players outside of when their teams played against those players' teams. Now, it's so easy to watch every player on the all-star team play whenever we want. There's no reason for anyone to care anymore.
    Good point man. I remember as a kid when SA was off the major radar, I was proud to watch Drob represent my town and let the country could see how great he was. Now everyone sees every play of every game immediately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should have each team represent a cancer child that needs an expensive operation.
    Whichever team wins, that child's operation is paid for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's worse imo because it's got multiple ty events.

........ YES!!!!! Three days of unwatchable !!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point man. I remember as a kid when SA was off the major radar, I was proud to watch Drob represent my town and let the country could see how great he was. Now everyone sees every play of every game immediately.
    This has affected my NBA watching during the season as well. I didn't live in SA. So before League Pass, I'd look forward to the two nights that TBS/TNT were going to show games. I'd watch regardless of who was playing. That and the Bulls on WGN. My first year with League Pass, I'd watch every Spurs game and many of the others every night. Now I rarely watch any non-Spurs game. Just burnt out on it all. And maybe also affected by the Spurs being so good for so long. When they sucked, it was easier to find a few other teams to root for or follow. Or to look at the league as a whole. Now I really only give a how the Spurs do in the regular season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ........ YES!!!!! Three days of unwatchable !!!
    Three ing days. I hadn't watched the actual game in a couple of years and yesterday, I talked myself into making a point to watch. Convinced myself it'd be fun. Got excited when Leonard made that early steal and dunk. Then after several dunks and missed dunks and wild passes off the backboard, I quit at the first Western subs ution.

I'd rather them take the 20 lowest paid players and have them play for money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte got the better end of the deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ASG is intended to entertain kids, tbh..the objective has been successful, kids still love it, it's just as popular as ever..they don't watch the game to see defense, they tune in to watch their favorite player dunk and handle..

Adding incentive for players to play hard in a pickup game would be asinine the NBA would never do it, nor should they..who the wants to watch a key player get hurt in a pickup game?

The dunk contest sucked, but that was predictable..the NBA has never had 3 consecutive entertaining dunk contests(not to mention the dunk contest probably shouldn't even exist anymore, since everything has been done..they were pretty fortunate that Gordon and Lavine put on the shows they did the past 2 years)..
    Yeah, but still. It's been getting worse. The ASG didn't used to be just fast breaks resulting in an oop every time down the floor. That's so uncompe ive that it's boring. It used to be way more compe ive. Even just 10 years ago, I remember being excited to see East vs West, as if that game had real implications for which conference had the best players. Not anymore.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that this was the worst AS weekend ever. Last year's Dunk contest was the best one ever. I've seen them all dating back to 84(obviously before youtube existed). All star weekends were the highlight of my year growing up. All star Saturday night with the legends game, 3 point shoot out, and dunk contest. All star saturday afternoon events. Espn would interview the players. When ESPN 2 came along when I was in high school, they'd show basketball all weekend. Now, it's just bs. We went from the best Dunk Contest ever last year, to one of the worst ever this year(still not as bad as 1992)

Thread Information