Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sat around and did nothing by watch TV this weekend.

Cropsy
    Good do entary about a serial killer who abducted kids on Staten Island back in the 70's/80's
    7/10

Spotlight
    meh
    6/10

Eagles of Death Metal Dos Amis -
    Excellent do entary about the Bataclan Shootings. It goes back further to the start of the EODM, who I really didn't know much about.
    And had no idea that Josh Homme was a founding member. Then carries through the shooting to them coming back to do a concert about a year later.
    Anyway, well done.
    8/10

Bridge of Spies -
    Would have rather seen a less Hollywood depiction of it. Too many forced moments but entertaining enough.
    6.78/10

The Conjuring-
    I had read some decent reviews of it and it was supposed to be creepy.
    It's a total mess. Vera Farmiga is a pretty good actress but doesn't seem to be
    on a good path.
    3/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    gung ho
    the birdcage
    north by northwest

10's all of them

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    gung ho
    the birdcage
    north by northwest

10's all of them
    Hmmm...that's not a proper movie mix.

You take North by Northwest and you need to pair it with...
    Solaris...then if you want to watch a third...yep...
    Pumping Iron

Now...if you started with Birdcage, you next watch...
    Pee Wee's Big Adventure...and follow it up with...
    hmmm....yes...For a Few Dollars More

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    i watched the incredibles in there too.

"The Incredibles"

the best hands down undisputed heavyweight champion forever and ever animation.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i watched the incredibles in there too.

"The Incredibles"

the best hands down undisputed heavyweight champion forever and ever animation.
    That's insane. Perhaps you need to check out, L'illusionniste. But you have to watch in its native French to catch all the nuances.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    your insane

your words

you are

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I watched "Papillon" again. Damn it's held up wonderfully. Supposedly the 2 stars spoke nary word to one another during the shoot.

It's powerful. At the end "Dega" asks "Pappy" about his idea to ride the coconut raft to freedom..."Will it work?" "Pappy's" retort:::"Does it matter?" As a kid in the '70's that line is just a line. 40 years later, it's something else entirely.

Reportedly McQueen made the jump from that cliff, though the cliff was in Hawaii.

It was shot in sequence which is rare for such a major production.

McQueen got $2 million
    Hoffman got over a million

ROTTEN SPOILER:::I never knew there was a marine swimmer under McQueen's raft at the end. He's there and once you know it's easy to spot. Kind of takes a little off the end. I wish I didn't know. I never noticed it until I read it on the IMDB.

---------

It's TCM's 31 Days of Oscar this month. And it's been a great time to see these films. Sometimes I just watch parts, but, it's still extremely enjoyable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    why did you do that?

now i'll know.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I watched "Papillon" again. Damn it's held up wonderfully. Supposedly the 2 stars spoke nary word to one another during the shoot.

It's powerful. At the end "Dega" asks "Pappy" about his idea to ride the coconut raft to freedom..."Will it work?" "Pappy's" retort:::"Does it matter?" As a kid in the '70's that line is just a line. 40 years later, it's something else entirely.

Reportedly McQueen made the jump from that cliff, though the cliff was in Hawaii.

It was shot in sequence which is rare for such a major production.

McQueen got $2 million
    Hoffman got over a million

ROTTEN SPOILER:::I never knew there was a marine swimmer under McQueen's raft at the end. He's there and once you know it's easy to spot. Kind of takes a little off the end. I wish I didn't know. I never noticed it until I read it on the IMDB.

---------

It's TCM's 31 Days of Oscar this month. And it's been a great time to see these films. Sometimes I just watch parts, but, it's still extremely enjoyable.
    I'm glad you mentioned this. It's one of those movies that I've meant to see but never have. Think I'll give it a watch in the next few days.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I'm glad you mentioned this. It's one of those movies that I've meant to see but never have. Think I'll give it a watch in the next few days.
    When it premiered it was panned by the critics, even laughed at as I recall, but, people went to it in droves.

It's just aged so well. It stands as a superb adventure story even if you don't buy the authenticity of the materiel. Supposedly the French can't find (Cheria's/sp?) name on the rolls of the prison. The "Dega" role was very small in the book and Dalton Trumbo had to write the role from scratch, out of his head.

I read on IMDB that many believe this was McQueen's final great film appearance.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    CNN and Sports is pretty much it for regular TV. Taboo...the first ..TV show...I've been into in years. TV shows pretty much suck.

I had Netflix for movies, now it's the Fire Stick. GOLD and The Accountant.....good flicks.

Thread Information