Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    oak is a big oaf who can score in volume... barely efficient enough, and brings just about nothing on the other end while not really bringing good intangibles
    ROFL people were ing their pants over Okafor's potential until he got into legal trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ROFL people were ing their pants over Okafor's potential until he got into legal trouble.
    good for people. his ceiling is marginally more athletic al jefferson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when you preffered Jefferson over Chandler? Maybe this is the same case, tbh. I don't see Okafor being anything special in the future.
    Just to clarify, I don't see Noel being anything special either (I can't think of any special player that hasn't showed at least flashes of "specialness" in his first two years, injury or not), I just think that, because of his playing style, he would be more helpful as a role player for a team with winning aspirations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's a legit trade on both sides.. will see how it pans out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the scouting report on Justin Anderson?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What's the scouting report on Justin Anderson?
    I believe he drew a lot of comparisons to Jae Crowder of all people....so Dallas obviously will regret this.

He showed flashes of being a nice player but, like most young guys in Dallas, never got the chance to play through mistakes and learn from them. Would just get doghoused by Carlisle and buried on the bench.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noel is an advanced metrics monster, tbh..not just this season, he's been rated highly since entering the league..

I expect he's going to look even better in Dallas as a finisher and defender, too..I agree that his ceiling isn't that high, though, since he's essentially a shorter DeAndre Jordan..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    noel >>> oak imo.

kinda disappointed, was starting to like philly a lot, and noel was a big part of it. oak is dead weight on that team
    what was there to like about noel's play? he's bin a solid bust, didn't improve at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised that, on this day and age, there's still so many people that don't realize the value of a center that doesn't need the ball to be effective.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...in-todays-nba/

Okafor's a huge gamble, at this point..I have no idea how you could utilize him for more than 15 MPG or so..

OKC can't even play Enes Kanter as much as you would expect, and he's a much better rebounder than Okafor..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

we staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm surprised that, on this day and age, there's still so many people that don't realize the value of a center that doesn't need the ball to be effective.
    I'm surprised at how many people drastically overrate a player like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised at how many people drastically overrate a player like that.
    Without a player like that you would have never rang, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Without a player like that you would have never rang, tbh.
    And yet he's still far and away the exception to the rule. Aside from Tyson and Ben Wallace, I can't think of a player like that who was a heavy contributor to a le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet he's still far and away the exception to the rule. Aside from Tyson and Ben Wallace, I can't think of a player like that who was a heavy contributor to a le.
    You kidding right?

I can name you at least one bigman of that style on virtually any championship team in the history of the league, off the top of my head: Tristan Thompson last season, Bogut with the Warriors, Duncan and Splitter in 2014, etc. etc.

Even guys like Bosh with the Heat and KG with the Celtics were guys that did most of their damage on the pick and roll and within the rythm of the offense than getting the ball on post ups.

You also had your Rodmans, Horrys, Lambeers, Horace Grants, etc.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You kidding right?

I can name you at least one bigman of that style on virtually any championship team in the history of the league, off the top of my head: Tristan Thompson last season, Bogut with the Warriors, Duncan and Splitter in 2014, etc. etc.

Even guys like Bosh with the Heat and KG with the Celtics were guys that did most of their damage on the pick and roll and within the rythm of the offense than getting the ball on post ups.

You also had your Rodmans, Horrys, Lambeers, Horace Grants, etc.
    holy , what a stretch. duncan horry bosh kg putting bogut/splitter on tyson/wallace level

This is seriously one of the worst posts you've ever made. And that's saying a lot considering you're the "Manu > Dirk" and "Diaw is a better post scorer than Duncan" guy.

I'll give you Rodman, but the rest of that post is almost purposely obtuse

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I thought that only applied if he tries to go back to Dallas? Since mavs traded him thought that rule no longer applies. If Dallas cut him no he could not join Dubs or did I get that wrong?
    That's the way I see it too. Unless he's pissed with the Dubs for letting him go, he'd be dumb not to return.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...in-todays-nba/

Okafor's a huge gamble, at this point..I have no idea how you could utilize him for more than 15 MPG or so..

OKC can't even play Enes Kanter as much as you would expect, and he's a much better rebounder than Okafor..
    Raven, get in here and spin this some more!!!!
    Baby Tim is under attack by Harlem, cynics and advanced metrics!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Basically every team in the league has one ty center that can't post up and just rebounds/plays D. Just because one of them happens to start on a stacked squad doesn't make him any more valuable than any other interchangeable random that does the same thing. I'm talking about that type of center who clearly is one of the top players on his team. Tyson/DeAndre/Wallace level, not ing Kendrick Perkins/Sam Dalembert level stains.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    what was there to like about noel's play? he's bin a solid bust, didn't improve at all.
    Well he is no baby Tim, right, Raven?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    holy , what a stretch. duncan horry bosh kg putting bogut/splitter on tyson/wallace level

This is seriously one of the worst posts you've ever made. And that's saying a lot considering you're the "Manu > Dirk" and "Diaw is a better post scorer than Duncan" guy.

I'll give you Rodman, but the rest of that post is almost purposely obtuse
    He's also the Kawhi>=Lebron guy tbh

Still my nig though

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh okc just made a deal ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raven, get in here and spin this some more!!!!
    Baby Tim is under attack by Harlem, cynics and advanced metrics!
    it's too easy to spin tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs are ed if they let go of Deron and end the Triple D Dynasty imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    we havent been relevant in over half a decade.... non-story tbh

Thread Information