Date of Birth: 04/09/1996
    Team: Syracuse
    Hometown: Hudson, NY

DraftExpress

Bleacher Report:
    2017 NBA Mock Draft: Full 1st-Round Predictions Post-Trade Deadline
    Jonathan Wasserman, NBA Lead Writer
    ‎February‎ ‎24‎, ‎2017

29. San Antonio Spurs: Tyler Lydon (Syracuse, PF, Sop re)

The tendency to blend in knocks Tyler Lydon into the late-first round. He's been quiet during too many Syracuse losses and hasn't improved much as a shot-creator or rebounder.

The San Antonio Spurs could still find use for his shooting. Knocking down over 40 percent of his threes for the second straight year, Lydon has a convincing stroke and the ability make jumpers off spot-ups, screens and rhythm dribbles.

In the meantime, he'll offer athleticism around the rim (dunks and blocks) and an option to feed when deep on the block. He'll boost his NBA value by showing he can attack closeouts with the dribble and make plays on the move.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FanSided: NBA Mock Draft 2017, Week 20: The Sweet Sixteen edition
    by Chris Stone 8 hours ago [AKA 23 March 2017]

29. San Antonio
    After Syracuse’s elimination from the NIT, sop re Tyler Lydon has already declared for the 2017 NBA Draft with the intention to hire an agent. He averaged 14.0 points, 9.0 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per 40 minutes in two seasons with the Orange. Lydon has potential as a two-way combo forward who can essentially fill a 3-and-D role.

The 20-year old made 39.8 percent of his 3-point attempts while at Syracuse. He has a quick release and his 6-foot-9 frame allows him to elevate over most defenders to get his shot off. Lydon also isn’t afraid to step out well beyond the 3-point line to space the floor, something that the Houston Rockets have popularized in the NBA this season. His ability to attack off the dribble is still a work in progress and he doesn’t create much for his teammates, but he can at least beat close outs off the bounce.

On defense, Lydon offers a lot of intrigue, although how he’ll fit in outside of Syracuse’s 2-3 zone system is a bit of a question mark as it is for all players who spend their college career with Jim Boeheim. That said, Lydon moves well laterally and should be able to guard NBA wings. He also offers a decent amount of rim protection. He posted a 5.8 percent block rate over the course of his college career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My NBA Draft.com: 2017 mock draft updated on April 19th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My NBA Draft.com: 2017 mock draft updated on May 16th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball Insiders: 2017 NBA Consensus Mock Draft – Ver 5.0
    By Basketball Insiders
    on May 31, 2017

Joel Brigham

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    metro: 2017 NBA Mock Draft: Knicks - Lakers trade partners?
    The Knicks want to trade Carmelo Anthony, and new teams may now want him
    By Matt Burke
    Published : June 11, 2017

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA.com: Mock Draft 2.0: Kentucky point guard De’Aaron Fox climbing board, but Markelle Fultz and Lonzo Ball remain poised to be top picks
    Scott Howard-Cooper
    Jun 15, 2017 11:32 PM ET

29. San Antonio Spurs

Tyler Lydon | Syracuse | PF | 6-10 | 205

Shooting 42.7 percent behind the arc the first 25 games and 39.5 for the season makes him an ideal stretch-four candidate and also means he could handle some small forward on offense while getting stronger. Being able to defend both positions may be another matter. Lydon rebounded well against ranked Atlantic Coast Conference opponents and overall averaged 8.6 boards in 36.1 minutes, a sign he will be able to handle himself inside at the next level after adding weight.

Thread Information