Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Lol underrated as a passer

Midgets double team you, if you can't pass it to a wide open teammate lol

That's basic stuff
    Shaq was a phenomenal outlet passer. He could toss no-look and behind-the-back passes like it was nothing. I'll never forget a 36-year-old Shaq nutmegging a prime Dwight Howard at the All-Star Game in '09.

Anyone who follows my basketball takes knows by now that a big who can pass is my favorite type of player. I wouldn't be praising Shaq's passing skills if all he could do was make the most basic passes out of double teams.

Anyone who still thinks Shaq was all brute force and no skill should go back and watch him play, and not just the highlight reels. He was crazy skilled, especially compared to the stiffs who took up space down low in yesterday's NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD is cringeworthy. He doesn't know who he is. One day he's a submissive beta who wants to be called the servant. As the leader of Team USA (no LeBron) drops out bc he's emotionally scarred by one of his guys going down (PG13). Now he hangs out with loudmouth Donkey Green for a couple of months and suddenly he thinks he's some kind of big bad Alpha.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Shaq was a phenomenal outlet passer. He could toss no-look and behind-the-back passes like it was nothing. I'll never forget a 36-year-old Shaq nutmegging a prime Dwight Howard at the All-Star Game in '09.

Anyone who follows my basketball takes knows by now that a big who can pass is my favorite type of player. I wouldn't be praising Shaq's passing skills if all he could do was make the most basic passes out of double teams.

Anyone who still thinks Shaq was all brute force and no skill should go back and watch him play, and not just the highlight reels. He was crazy skilled, especially compared to the stiffs who took up space down low in yesterday's NBA.
    Yeah, slamming into a guy repeatedly because you know you won't get called for charging, then turning around and dropping it in takes so much skill. He waited around till every other decent center in the league retired/got old and finally won a few uncontested les. Amazing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD is cringeworthy. He doesn't know who he is. One day he's a submissive beta who wants to be called the servant. As the leader of Team USA (no LeBron) drops out bc he's emotionally scarred by one of his guys going down (PG13). Now he hangs out with loudmouth Donkey Green for a couple of months and suddenly he thinks he's some kind of big bad Alpha.
    Durant does know who he is which is that he is a follower. Draymond Green is his father and he's just trying earn his approval.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the fakest human being i probably know of his fraudulence without ever meeting him..I can't believe I once had some respect for this ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not basic in today's NBA, cut him some slack

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq without his unteal strength would be a poor man's DeAndre Jordan tbh.
    No. Shaq had a nice jump hook, master of the drop step, lots of fakes and counterfakes...he was a skilled post player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn if Shaq had nice moves, than Dream had supermegagiglaultragoatmoves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, Durant has zero post skills to speak of and has avoided the post like the plague for his entire career despite being 6'10 shoeless.
    Last edited by Arcadian; 02-26-2017 at 02:44 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    99% of NBA players are in the league due to their physical talents. If the majority of these guys were several inches shorter, or less athletic then they would not be in the league. In Durant's case he's a 6'11 SF whose a great shooter and whose biggest advantage is physically he can shoot over his opponents. If he was shorter he's not as great of a player. Overall re ed logic by Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    99% of NBA players are in the league due to their physical talents. If the majority of these guys were several inches shorter, or less athletic then they would not be in the league. In Durant's case he's a 6'11 SF whose a great shooter and whose biggest advantage is physically he can shoot over his opponents. If he was shorter he's not as great of a player. Overall re ed logic by Durant.
    beat me to it. spot on.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq was probably the greatest athletic freak the sports world has ever seen. He won 3 les by default and got carried to a 4th. His "skill" involved nonstop offense fouling to get in position, and then he ed about guys fouling him in return. And it took massive, near cosmic shifts for 3 of those rings to even happen. Having only 4 rings is a huge blemish against Shaq, not a case for him. KD isn't wrong. He's a for saying it, but he isn't wrong.
    He shoulda won 7 les if he wasn't a fat, lazy, en led . Then to end his career pathetically bouncing his fat ass around the Suns, Cavs, and Celtics just collecting checks on reputation and not being able to make more than 3 trips up and down the court.....that's just sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Shaq really had skills, be wouldn't have been a useless cone in Cleveland and Boston.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He shoulda won 7 les if he wasn't a fat, lazy, en led . Then to end his career pathetically bouncing his fat ass around the Suns, Cavs, and Celtics just collecting checks on reputation and not being able to make more than 3 trips up and down the court.....that's just sad.
    exactly. Only winning 4 les while playing with Kobe/Wade shows how badly Shaq wasted his incredible physical talents. Should have had 6 minimum, probably 7 or 8 if he actually developed skill beyond blatantly charging and getting away with it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The fact that Shaq has 4 rings despite spending most of his prime with the biggest cancer in sports history (Kobe) is impressive, tbh. Imagine how many rings he would have had with prime Vince, T-Mac, or Ray Allen instead of that team-killing chucker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq was very skillful - this is stupid.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Shaq was very skillful - this is stupid.
    When has he ever won a game with "skill" and not brute force?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "Amazing passing big man!"
    2.5 career assists per game same career average as Dirk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Using raw assists only to judge a player's passing skills in 2017

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Hockey assist, breh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cant shoot free throws = check

got away with traveling and offensive fouls pretty much every game = check

played in an era with arguably the most corrupt referees in sports history = check

sold out, gave up on his team and went to Los Angeles just like Kobe = check

semen shield for Lebron = check

relied on brute force instead of strategy and skill = check

Durbeta airing out what 95% of real NBA fans already know imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying shaq was all brute force is stupid, shaq had a beautiful drop step, great passer, nice hooks, nice spin moves. Of course he relied on his brute strength but he was the only one with brute strength and those skills. His biggest weaknesses were his range, his maturity, and his pick and roll defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Shaq really had skills, be wouldn't have been a useless cone in Cleveland and Boston.
    Lol thats classic lefty, dont forget Phoenix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a spur fan it always seemed like Shaq wouldn't miss his jump hooks. His little hook off the glass seemed automatic.

Thread Information