Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count

The fact that they coveted Mahomes tells me that it's finally dawned on them that Struggle is little more than a gimmick, an overpaid game manager. Too bad they didn't realize this before they opted not to hand the ball off to Team Leader Lynch with the Super Bowl on the line.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I thought this thread was going to be about waking up to reality that the old LOB is getting older and has had major injury problems recently, and consequently took a lot of DBs in this draft.

But I forgot about the OP's agenda before I clicked the thread, I guess.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Let;s see....

Clipper Nation thinks Derek Anderson is a better QB than Cam Newton, hahahaha~~~~~ When he FINALLY did play he had how many INT's/fumbles? Google his career QBR, it's horrendous.

He also said that Tom Savage is the best QB in Texas, hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~ So who do the Texans draft a black QB.
    NOBODY....thinks Tom Savage is anything but a bench warmer.

Russell Wilson has done things never seen before in....NFL HISTORY. His first five seasons the best we have ever seen, and I challenge anyone to find any QB who did it better in their first five seasons of pro football. Wilson has a slew of NFL firsts/only. His peers had him ranked number 17th in the NFL of the top 100.

Clipper Nation you are a 100% moron.

One of a ton....

Probably the easiest way to see if Wilson could become the best of all time is to see how he compares to the greats. If we take a look at the first two seasons from Hall of Fame quarterbacks, we can draw some comparisons and some connections. What stands out the most? Over two years, only Dan Marino had thrown for more touchdowns and more yards than Wilson. He had also lead his team, the Miami Dolphins, to the Super Bowl. Unlike Wilson, his team lost.

Wilson’s lifetime record with the Seahawks, 24-8, is also better than any of that crew, save Marino’s 21-4 – luminaries like Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw only mustered 2-6 and 8-13, respectively — for what that’s worth. If we’re going by the code of Vince Lombardi, winning is everything, and Wilson’s been able to guide the Seahawks to victory more often than not.

And what about his arm? Assuming the not-unreasonable position that Wilson was mostly a game manager for the Seahawks and that the real crux of their championship season was on their defense and running game, we can stack up Wilson’s ANY/A against his Hall of Fame compe ion. ANY/A, or adjusted net yards per pass attempt, is a metric designed to display how successful a given QB is at the air game.

Peyton Manning essentially owns this stat, but he’s not in the Hall of Fame yet. Against other rookie-sop re ANY/As, Wilson’s 7.05 rounds out behind Marino’s 8.40 … and no one else’s. Next on the list is Jim Kelly, with a 5.5. Wilson so far in his career has thrown better and won more than most of his would-be contemporaries.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey CN, find something about Tom Savage being the best QB in Texas, hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Avante; 04-30-2017 at 02:39 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    64.7 cpmp %
    127/45...td/int
    99.6 QB rating

Coming off a season with over 4200 yards.

Now check out Brady, Manning, Favre, Rodgers, Montana, Brees.....first five seasons. How did they stack up vs Wilson?

Come on Clipper Nation, how do they stack up?

The greatest first three seasons in NFL history by a QB.

Are Russell Wilson's first three years the best in NFL history?

By Willyeye on Apr 8, 2015, 9:02am PDT 59

Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images

Tweet

 Tweet Share on Twitter Share Share on Facebook Pin Pinterest 59 Comments ⋆ Rec Recommend this Post 17

When considering the totality of Russell Wilson's accomplishments, they truly are amazing. True, there are some QB's with more yards, or more TD's, etc., but Wilson is ranked in the top 5 or top 10 of a wide variety of stats over his first three years. One could easily say that overall, Wilson has had the best first three years of any QB in NFL history. Here are a few of his accomplishments:

- Wilson is the first QB in NFL history with a passer rating of over 95.0 in each of his first three seasons.

- Wilson has 24 games with a passer rating of 100+ in his first three seasons...more than any other QB in NFL history. Flacco, Marino, and Palmer are tied for second with 19.

- Wilson leads all QB’s in the NFL over the last 3 years with 10- 4th quarter comebacks and 15- game-winning drives. No other QB in NFL history has ever done this in their first 3 years.

- He is one of only five players with at least 20 touchdown passes in each of first three seasons.

- Wilson is the first and only QB in the Super Bowl era to have average yards per attempt of 7.6 or better in each of his first three seasons.

- Wilson’s career yards per passing attempt of 7.9 is fourth-best of all QB’s since 1951.

- Wilson is ranked #1 in career postseason yards per attempt. His career average of 9.01 (min. 200 pass attempts) is the highest in NFL history.

- Wilson is the only QB in NFL history to appear in two SB's in his first three seasons.

- Wilson holds the record for most passing yards in a playoff game by a rookie QB with 385 yards. The old record was set in 1937 by Sammy Baugh with 335 yards...that record stood for 75 years.

- Wilson is ranked at #2 in all-time career passer rating (min. 1200 attempts) with a 98.6. Only Aaron Rodgers has a higher career passer rating.

- Wilson's passer rating of 98.6 for a player’s first 3 years is the best in NFL history.

- Including postseason, Wilson's passer rating of 98.5 for a player's first three years is the best in NFL history.

- Wilson's postseason passer rating of 97.8 in his first three years is the best in NFL history.

- Wilson’s career postseason passer rating of 97.8 (min. 200 attempts) is the 5th best in NFL history.

- Wilson's TD% of 5.8% in his first three years is the 2nd highest in NFL history; only Dan Marino is higher with 6.9%.

- Wilson's INT% of 2.1% in his first three years is the lowest of any QB in NFL history.

- Wilson is ranked #2 all-time with a career TD to INT ratio of 2.77 (min. 1200 attempts) behind only Rodgers.

- Wilson is ranked #3 all-time with a career INT rate of only 2.1%, behind only Rodgers and Brady.

- Wilson is the first and only QB in NFL history to throw for 300+ yards and run for 100+ yards (313 & 106) in the same game...against the Rams on 10-19-14.

- Only one QB in NFL history had more than one season with more than 20 TD passes and 10 or fewer interceptions in his first three seasons: Wilson, who has had three such seasons.

- His 72 touchdowns are the seventh-most ever through a player’s first three seasons.

- Including the postseason, Wilson has 84 passing TD's in his first three seasons, 4th-most in NFL history.

- Including the postseason, Wilson has 97 passing and rushing TD's in his first three seasons, 3rd-most in NFL history.

- Wilson is ranked #12 all-time for most passing yards by a QB in his first three years with 9950 yards.

- Including the postseason, Wilson is ranked #5 all-time for passing yards by a QB in his first three years with 11770 yards.

- Wilson is ranked #5 all-time for most total yards (passing + rushing) by a QB in his first three years with 11827 yards.

- Including the postseason, Wilson is ranked #2 all-time for most total yards (passing and rushing) by a QB in his first three years with 13902 yards.

- Wilson has the 2nd highest career yards per attempt in SB history with 9.85 yards, behind only Terry Bradshaw.

- Wilson has the 3rd highest career passer rating in SB history with a 117.39, behind only Joe Montana and Jim Plunkett.

- Wilson has the 6th highest career completion % in SB history with 65.22%.

- Wilson has the 4th highest yards per attempt in a SB game with 11.76 yards in SB49.

- Wilson's 1,877 rushing yards is second-most by a QB in the modern era through three seasons behind Cam Newton's 2,032 yards.

- Including the postseason, Wilson has the most rushing yards for a QB in NFL history in his first three seasons with 2132 yards.

- Wilson led all NFL rushers in 2014 with an average of 7.2 yards per carry.

- Wilson has a record of having had a lead at some point in 56 straight games since 2012...the old record was 45 games...Also, in those 56 games, Wilson has never lost an NFL game by more than 9 points.

- Wilson has won 36 games in his first 3 seasons; three more than any other QB in NFL history.

- Including the postseason, Wilson has won 42 games in his first three seasons; 6 more than any other QB in NFL history.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND....in the last two seasons both ov 4000 yards.

Clipper Nation are you re ed?
    Last edited by Avante; 04-30-2017 at 03:22 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Educate yourself son.

Passer rating – The NFL rookie record had been 98.1 by the Pittsburgh Steelers’ Ben Roethlisberger in 2004. But Wilson (100.0) and RGIII (102.4) each surpassed it this season. A huge factor in that was Wilson (plus-16) and RGIII (plus-15) also bettering the league rookie record mark for TD/interception differential that was set by the Miami Dolphins’ Dan Mario in 1983 (plus-13).
    Wilson’s passer rating also broke the club single-season record of 98.2 that was set by Matt Hasselbeck during the Seahawks’ Super Bowl run in 2005.
    Wilson finished fourth in the league in passer rating during the regular season behind the Packers’ Aaron Rodgers (108.0), Denver Broncos’ Manning (105.8) and RGIII. His passer rating in the red zone (107.5, with 18 TDs and no interceptions) was third-best in the league behind the New Orleans Saints’ Drew Brees (112.7) and Rodgers (109.9).
    He also fashioned a passer rating of 125-plus in three consecutive games against the Minnesota Vikings (127.3), New York Jets (131.0) and Miami Dolphins (125.0), which set another NFL rookie record.
    Wilson became the first rookie QB to begin his career 8-0 at home, and his passer rating of 123.6 at CenturyLink Field during the regular season led the league for home games – with Manning (112.3), Brees (103.4), the Houston Texans’ Matt Schaub (101.7) and Rodgers (101.3) rounding out the Top 5.
    And, again, Wilson was even better in the postseason, when his 102.4 rating broke the rookie record of 92.7 that was set by the Jets’ Mark Sanchez in 2009. Wilson also had more passing yards in the postseason (572) and in a single postseason game (385) than any rookie in league history – topping the marks set in 2009 by Sanchez (539) and in 1937 by the Redskins’ Sammy Baugh (335).
    Completion percentage – By completing 252 of 392 passes during the regular season, Wilson’s completion percentage of .641 ranks third all-time among rookie QBs behind Roethlisberger (.664) and RGIII (.657).

Want more?

Dude, who is the only QB in pro football history to....

4000 yards passing
    30TD
    500 yards rushing

...in a season? Yep...........RUSSELL WILSON~~~

What QB beat both Matt Ryan and Tom Brady last seaon? Yep....RUSSSELL WILSON~~~~~~~~~~~~

What QB has won the most games n his first five seasons? Yep....RUSSELL WILSON~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The only QB to post two 100 QB ratings his first two seasons? Yep, RUSSELL WILSON~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I get he's no Tom Savage or Derek Anderson but..........................
    Last edited by Avante; 04-30-2017 at 04:30 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Just think....

Carroll decides to hand off to Lynch in the SB, the BEAST bangs over the goal line....Seattle wins~~~~~~

What now for the already great Russell Wilson?

Post Count
    chirp chirp

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    translation

Avante kicking my ass yet again, when will I ever learn? Anyone talking up Tom Savage and Derek Anderson and then running down Russell Wilson needs an ass whipping.

Avante, you are "Da Man".

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    translation

Avante telling it like it realy is, yes Russell Wilson's first five seasons the best we have seen from any QB. Obviously a dummy like CN won't get it, he thinks Tom Savage is better than Tony Romo and Dax Prescott.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What else can ya do when proven wrong as usual? I'd run from...Tom Savage is the best QB in Texas....only to watch the Texans draft a real QB, also. Dude, are you just re ed?

Stick to chirpong at least ya can't screw that up.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    translation

Avante telling it like it realy is, yes Russell Wilson's first five seasons the best we have seen from any QB. Obviously a dummy like CN won't get it, he thinks Tom Savage is better than Tony Romo and Dax Prescott.
    CN actually supported Romo. He just hates the Mannings and all the black QBs except Jameis Winston.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    CN actually supported Romo. He just hates the Mannings and all the black QBs except Jameis Winston.
    While Romo was still a Cowboy the idiot said this....

Tom Savage is the best QB in Texas.

The guy has this real bad habit of thinking just because he doesn't like something he needs to on it, yep, immature. I can't stand Peyton Manning, but he is a GREAT QB. I HATE Carl Lewis, but he was a FANTASTIC athlete. I deal with reality not get all caught up childish bull like CN. ....chirp chirp....because he's a coward.

I just don't like a QB if he's black...hahaha~~~ How stupid is that?

Post Count
    chirp chirp, snitch snitch

Post Count
    I don't like overrated gimmicky game managers; their race has absolutely nothing to do with it. Jameis, Moon, McNair - those guys are/were real quarterbacks deserving of praise.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I don't like overrated gimmicky game managers; their race has absolutely nothing to do with it. Jameis, Moon, McNair - those guys are/were real quarterbacks deserving of praise.
    how long does a QB need to play with consistent production for him to stop being a "gimmick"

i would imagine that a defining characteristic of gimmick players is that they dont last long.... so what's the number you'd assign to that?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Coward Coward, Liar, Liar

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Being an athlete playing QB is a gimmick, hahahaha~~~~~ Dude, do you just not get what a QBR is? How about TD to INT ratio? How about comp %? Russell Wilson has put together five seasons unlike any other, and you don't see this?

Dude, ya ever thought of actually reading that LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG list I posted about the greatness of Russell Wilson? Why this need to stay ignorant? He's doing things we have never seen before.

Dude, you're an idiot.

This is funny...

reporter...Russell Wilson has won more games than any five year QB. Is he a gimmick?
    Carroll....

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Why does the NFL draft so many black...MOBILE...QB's?

How bout...

Extend plays, give the D something else to worry about.

Gimmicks????

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't get what Winston does differently than the other big name black/mobile QBs that CN likes?

Other than the fact he's the tallest one of them... that's the only thing I can think of.

Winston certainly isn't the best pocket passer out of them (so far... but he may look like it this year because the franchise just stacked that offense out the ass in the draft and FA)... and he's the only QB who I've seen use the jump-pass as a big part of his arsenal especially in the red zone. How is THAT not a "gimmick" but Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott is?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I don't get what Winston does differently than the other big name black/mobile QBs that CN likes?

Other than the fact he's the tallest one of them... that's the only thing I can think of.

Winston certainly isn't the best pocket passer out of them (so far... but he may look like it this year because the franchise just stacked that offense out the ass in the draft and FA)... and he's the only QB who I've seen use the jump-pass as a big part of his arsenal especially in the red zone. How is THAT not a "gimmick" but Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott is?
    The game is evolving, the days of...standing tall in the pocket....are coming to an end. Defenders are just too big, too quick, too fast anymore, ya need a guy back there who can evade that rush and improvise. And, if he can actually run, there is just one more weapon in your aresenal. When Eli is at third and three...pass....when RW is at third and short that D is thinking....run or pass?

Clipper Nation is weird, he brags on nothings like Derek Anderson and Tom Savage then runs down a guy who many think is great in Russell Wilson......weird. And he does zero in on black QB's we all see it.

It makes no since what he does, add this Winston thing, yep....more.....huh????

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    A Bengal fan, that says it all.

Thread Information