Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jason Witten is, in so many ways, the Tim Duncan of the NFL. Even in his youth, he never was a particularly fast or athletic tight end, like a say, Jordan Reed or Tony Gonzalez. Instead, he beat the rest of the league with his fundamentals, his intelligence, his intangibles, his overall smarts and knowledge of the game as well as his toughness and willingness to do everything in his power to win games for his team. This is why he's highly revered throughout Texas and the football world and will likely go down as one of the greatest to play the position, arguably the GOAT TE.
    I was actually thinking about this earlier today. He resembles Duncan minus the rings.

Jason Witten will go down as the second greatest tight end of all time imo with the tightest end of course belonging to Tony Gonzalez.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I was actually thinking about this earlier today. He resembles Duncan minus the rings.

Jason Witten will go down as the second greatest tight end of all time imo with the tightest end of course belonging to Tony Gonzalez.
    If you wanna look at receiving yards, yeah. But Gonzalez didn't block, that's why I'd give the advantage to Witten. Both had crazy longevity though.

Gonzalez was a rich man's Jordan Reed, as aforementioned.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    #2 all time in receptions (in any position) is a glorified jordan reed

good grief

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    #2 all time in receptions (in any position) is a glorified jordan reed

good grief
    jordan reed is pretty damn good though. Would be better if they had a better qb

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    AP closing in on deal with the Saints. Only around 3-4 million. Please have more in the tank!

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    nice. that would also probably set the market for lynch

i question his fit with NO, but i don't doubt him coming back strong

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Too bad this isn't five years ago, or that would make the Saints favorites in the NFC.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    AP's first game will be at Minnesota on MNF. ESPN is salivating.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    New England has 20+ million in cap space and all they needed was 3-4 a year to get AP? What the ing .

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    Post Count
    New England has 20+ million in cap space and all they needed was 3-4 a year to get AP? What the ing .
    I don't he's a good fit in NE. Can't operate out of the shotgun, mediocre pass blocker, horrible receiver, and is a Stevan Ridley caliber fumble got. When he's trucking guys for 150+ a game he makes up for his deficiencies, but I doubt he has that in the tank anymore.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I don't he's a good fit in NE. Can't operate out of the shotgun, mediocre pass blocker, horrible receiver, and is a Stevan Ridley caliber fumble got. When he's trucking guys for 150+ a game he makes up for his deficiencies, but I doubt he has that in the tank anymore.
    I don't disagree but you could see all of the same things about Legarrette Blount and they made it work with him.

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    Post Count
    Blount handled blitz pickups really well, and aside from a fluke in the Super Bowl, he's pretty sure handed. He also was way better in the red zone, something Peterson is surprisingly weak at.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Eric Decker to be released by Jets. Maclin visited the Bills today.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Ravens signed Maclin to 2 year deal

Decker now a free agent

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Glad Maclin didn't sign with a team I hate.

Decker is a good possession receiver, hope he goes somewhere decent that isn't green gay

Jets should probably just trade their vets for draft picks instead of just releasing them for nothing. I don't know why they haven't cut Forte yet. I expect them to be roughly last year's Browns, perhaps they'll split with the Bills and go 1-15. But I expect the Browns to (sadly) be better than the godawful Jets in 2017.

Thread Information