Weight: 225 lbs
    Date of Birth: 07/11/1996
    Team: Nevada
    Hometown: Sacramento, CA

DraftExpress

FanRag: 2017 NBA Mock Draft: Post-trade deadline edition
    By Daniel O'Brien
    Posted on Feb 27, 2017

29. San Antonio Spurs: Cameron Oliver, Nevada PF (6’8″, So.)

It’s easy to envision Oliver finding a niche in San Antonio. He can shoot (39 percent from deep), pass (2.5 assists per 40 minutes) and play stout defense (3.4 blocks per 40 minutes).

While Oliver is an awesome athlete, he won’t likely be a featured scorer for the Spurs. That’s why his court vision and defensive energy will come in handy and win over Gregg Popovich.

If you haven’t caught any Nevada games yet this season, you’re missing out. Oliver delivers an eye-popping mix of end-to-end bounciness and increasingly refined skill.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like him a lot. Could be a steal in the 2nd round.

Hope SA can get another 2nd and get this kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love his explosiveness. That is what our team has been lacking for a very long time. He has an NBA body already and does not shy away from contact. He has hops too. I would take a chance on him. What is the worst that can happen? He could bring some energy and physicality in our second unit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see him brought in as a 3/4 type player. Great size and ability.

Could play Kawhi at the 2 and this kid at the 3 at times. Great size and length.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's pretty interesting. Blocked more shots than Bell, albeit against weaker compe ion. Funky shot and landings not too dissimilar from what Murray did in college that he seems to have gotten over for the most part.

If the other choices get wiped out in the first, which could happen with Jeanne's red flagging pushing guys up ... Maybe he becomes an option in the first round. If Bell and Bolden are off, maybe Wilson and Pasecniks off with Semi gone ... Could be Oliver is what's left

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's from Oakland/Sacramento, and in his DX interview video last month he said he modeled his game on Draymond, having watched him for years.

He also seemed like a sharp enough guy. I could believe that he just needs a good team with a good development plan to turn into a legit NBA player. He missed a year when he transferred, he's just behind on some things that could be ironed out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's from Oakland/Sacramento, and in his DX interview video last month he said he modeled his game on Draymond, having watched him for years.

He also seemed like a sharp enough guy. I could believe that he just needs a good team with a good development plan to turn into a legit NBA player. He missed a year when he transferred, he's just behind on some things that could be ironed out.
    I like him. Depends what SA sees in his character and mindset in their interview(s) and research. He has a lot to like physically that should transition well in todays NBA. The question is, what's his work ethic like once he gets to the league? Does he give into distractions easily? Is he wired like a Spur mentally?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heard he is the only NCAA player in history to total at least 60 threes and 90 blocks in a season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heard he is the only NCAA player in history to total at least 60 threes and 90 blocks in a season
    He's growing on me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched a couple of his games on YouTube. Motor definitely runs low a lot, including walking up court and taking several seconds to cross half court while his teammates tried to run offense during one first half sequence.

But his shot looks real if all that movement can be tampered down like Murray has done. And his rebounding looks legit, great length and quick first and second jumps. He's a strong guy when he tries. If he can take coaching and discipline he should work out very well.

High risk, high reward.

If RC wants to do background on Oliver I'm sure Musselman can give it.

Musselman better be careful. After Nevada won the conference he embarrassed everyone by taking his shirt and coat off and ran around shirtless, yelling like a maniac, gesturing wildly in a bizarre and su ious display. He was celebrating more than the kids and was uncomfortable to watch.

Thread Information