My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It a huge pile of crap, why a respected company like Arc makes that ? they took the models and everything from DDII the Nes game to make a game in 2017.
    There are great 8 bit style games like Shovel Knight but this is nonsense, Guilty Gear, Hard Corps Uprising and now this crap.
    But is not just the style, the game is boring as , punching 2 enemies advance level and so on, so unimaginative... worse than some fanmade project.
    I loved Double Dragon Neon, at least that one is real and can play it anytime I want, you Arc.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It a huge pile of crap, why a respected company like Arc makes that ? they took the models and everything from DDII the Nes game to make a game in 2017.
    There are great 8 bit style games like Shovel Knight but this is nonsense, Guilty Gear, Hard Corps Uprising and now this crap.
    But is not just the style, the game is boring as , punching 2 enemies advance level and so on, so unimaginative... worse than some fanmade project.
    I loved Double Dragon Neon, at least that one is real and can play it anytime I want, you Arc.
    That's exactly how I felt about that . i was excited when I saw Double Dragon IV on Steam and then watched the preview video and thought WTF, why use NES Double Dragon models when the arcade was so great? Agree fully on Shovel Knight too, man that game is epic the way they worked in lots of things like Scrooge McDuck's cane attack from DuckTales or the Ninja Gaiden style story cutscenes. Shovel Knight is such an unbelievably great and timeless game. Though I doubt they could have ever made that game on NES, the graphics look a little more Super NES level.

I have never tried Double Dragon Neon, thanks for the recommendation. I love games in that style. I just picked up a copy of this beat em up called Dragon's Crown that looks incredible, but it's only on PS3. I can't wait to check it out tomorrow.

Did you ever play the Shinobi arcade game from 1987? That's another epic old-school arcade game if you liked the original Double Dragon. You can play that flawlessly on MAME, and can probably get the Shinobi rom from emuparadise.me. I know it's on XBox Live also if you have a 360 or XBone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly how I felt about that . i was excited when I saw Double Dragon IV on Steam and then watched the preview video and thought WTF, why use NES Double Dragon models when the arcade was so great? Agree fully on Shovel Knight too, man that game is epic the way they worked in lots of things like Scrooge McDuck's cane attack from DuckTales or the Ninja Gaiden style story cutscenes. Shovel Knight is such an unbelievably great and timeless game. Though I doubt they could have ever made that game on NES, the graphics look a little more Super NES level.

I have never tried Double Dragon Neon, thanks for the recommendation. I love games in that style. I just picked up a copy of this beat em up called Dragon's Crown that looks incredible, but it's only on PS3. I can't wait to check it out tomorrow.

Did you ever play the Shinobi arcade game from 1987? That's another epic old-school arcade game if you liked the original Double Dragon. You can play that flawlessly on MAME, and can probably get the Shinobi rom from emuparadise.me. I know it's on XBox Live also if you have a 360 or XBone.
    Im glad you feel the same, you will love DD Neon and Jake Kaufman (Shovel Knight) made the music its a super mix of 80s music high quality stuff, I havent played Dragon´s Crown gonna check it out, as far as

Shinobi... lol I was so ed up when I was 8 years old that I could beat it using just one coin, I even could make the bonuses, now I need a couple of MAME coins and I cant remember how to beat the final boss without checking youtube, but while I was awesome on lots of games I could never go too far on Shinobi´s spiritual sequel ¨Shadow Warrior¨ sure now on MAME I can take my time but thats means nothing...

I´ve also used to play lots of Bad Dudes Vs Dragon Ninja but needed at least 2 credits even in the old days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im glad you feel the same, you will love DD Neon and Jake Kaufman (Shovel Knight) made the music its a super mix of 80s music high quality stuff, I havent played Dragon´s Crown gonna check it out, as far as

Shinobi... lol I was so ed up when I was 8 years old that I could beat it using just one coin, I even could make the bonuses, now I need a couple of MAME coins and I cant remember how to beat the final boss without checking youtube, but while I was awesome on lots of games I could never go too far on Shinobi´s spiritual sequel ¨Shadow Warrior¨ sure now on MAME I can take my time but thats means nothing...

I´ve also used to play lots of Bad Dudes Vs Dragon Ninja but needed at least 2 credits even in the old days.
    man, Lobster would kick my ass on Shinobi. You had to hit him right at that one spot in his forehead and if you were at all off you'd get charged. I can't give a recommendation to Dragon's Crown yet since I have yet to start it, but it looks great in reviews and I really wanted to play a beat em up game like that. It's supposed to be a beat em up and an rpg and I trust Atlus since they have put out some epic games like Demon's Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, Lobster would kick my ass on Shinobi. You had to hit him right at that one spot in his forehead and if you were at all off you'd get charged. I can't give a recommendation to Dragon's Crown yet since I have yet to start it, but it looks great in reviews and I really wanted to play a beat em up game like that. It's supposed to be a beat em up and an rpg and I trust Atlus since they have put out some epic games like Demon's Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes.
    Lol you need some practise, the budda boss was kind of annoying hitting all those statues before they push you into the laser ray.
    I watched a Dragon´s Crown video and now I remember the game it looks great, and its perfect to play with some friend of mine who has been playing with me since 1989 all those classics, he is a fan of Konami´s Vendetta (Crime Fighters 2), we laugh our asses with that game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol you need some practise, the budda boss was kind of annoying hitting all those statues before they push you into the laser ray.
    I watched a Dragon´s Crown video and now I remember the game it looks great, and its perfect to play with some friend of mine who has been playing with me since 1989 all those classics, he is a fan of Konami´s Vendetta (Crime Fighters 2), we laugh our asses with that game.
    I never had any problems with Mandara. I thought that was the second easiest boss in the game (with the helicopter in stage 2 being by far the easiest). To me Dragon's Crown looks like Golden Axe with a little Japanese perversion thrown into it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never had any problems with Mandara. I thought that was the second easiest boss in the game (with the helicopter in stage 2 being by far the easiest). To me Dragon's Crown looks like Golden Axe with a little Japanese perversion thrown into it.
    Exaclty, Dragon´s Crown is old school with a modern approach, not DDIV what were they thinking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couldnt pay me to pirate this POS

Thread Information