San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Height: 6-7
    Weight: 186 lbs
    Date of Birth: 05/17/1998
    Team: Adelaide 36ers, NBL (Australia)
    Hometown: Flower Mound, TX

DraftExpress

NESN: NBA Mock Draft 2017: New First-Round Pick Projections Post-Trade Deadline
    by Nicholas Goss on Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 8:00AM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems to have the most raw talent out of anyone who could fall to the Spurs. If he and Hart were both on the board, it would be a really tough decision for me. The team might need a rookie who could play a role right away. But can you pass up on the upside?

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nbadraft.net: 2017 Mock Draft
    Updated: 3/14/17 4:50 pm

30 San Antonio Terrance Ferguson

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    186 pounds...Blair had dumps that big. Needs to get with LeBron's PED program fast.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: 2017 NBA Mock Draft: Breakdown of Underrated Prospects, 1st-Round Predictions
    Kristopher Knox
    June 2, 2017

29. San Antonio Spurs: Terrance Ferguson, G, Australia

Terrance Ferguson, G, Australia

Yet another underrated shooting guard prospect is Australian product Terrance Ferguson. He has a towering, though relatively slight frame for the position at 6'7" and 184 pounds. What makes Ferguson a bit different than the other prospects in the draft—and has helped lead to him being underrated—is the fact Ferguson is an American player who chose to play pro ball in Australia rather than spend a year in college.

Ferguson was originally committed to play for the University of Arizona, but decided to go the international route in order to help take care of his other financially. According to Ferguson, his time in Australia has helped him become a more mature person and player.

"I'm in a different country, 18 years old, living on my own pretty much," Ferguson said, per Terrin Waack of the Chicago Tribune. "I had to mature really fast. Faster than any other college player. I went overseas and played professional basketball with grown men, physical grown men that played 10-plus years."

While Ferguson doesn't have the experience of a guy like Hart—at least in terms of overall playing time—he is going to be more ready for life in the NBA than many other prospects will. Teams looking for a pro-ready teammate are going to love him.

Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress explained how Ferguson can be an early contributor:

"Ferguson is mostly a spot-up shooter, which has always been his strong point, and will almost certainly continue to be his role at the NBA level as well. What's impressive is how mature of a team player he's been so far, as he rarely tries to do things outside of his comfort zone, and has been a very willing ball-mover looking to make the extra pass."

Had Ferguson performed under the collegiate spotlight, he might be a more popular prospect. However, he is a relative unknown to casual fans, as he literally played his ball on the other side of the world.

Thread Information