Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My nigga. Yeah I've seen them on amazon and the sort for around $100 so I might pull the trigger on one of those soon. I know they're gonna make the NES classic again but we all know that shit is gonna sell out super fast again. I'll look around this weekend and if I don't see a SNES, I'll just pay the extra $20 and get it online. I've also been contemplating just getting an actual SNES on ebay or wherever, but the nostalgia for old school games is still incredibly high. Might wait a bit for it to die down, as fads always do.
    If I was going the cartridge route I'd have to seriously look at the Analogue Super-Nt. You get a hardware SNES and Super Famicom with HDMI support and no worries about a yellowed console chipping apart.

https://www.analogue.co/pages/super-nt/

They also made a hardware NES/Famicom with HDMI a few years ago, but that was $500 and a lot of the best Japanese games of the era came on floppies for the Famicom Disk System; eg Japanese Super Mario 2, Doki Doki Panic (Japanese game that was reskinned into American Super Mario 2), Zelda (better sound than US Zelda), Metroid (better sound than US Metroid), etc.

I wouldn't buy an NES Classic unless there is a new revision with longer controller cables. The cables are a little short in the SNES Classic but they're really short in the NES Classic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you buy an SNES Classic check the youtube channel ETA Prime for how to add more SNES and Super Famicom roms and how to dual boot the NES Classic games on it. The only downside of doing this is one of the cool menu features that demos games while inactive only works on the original 23 or so games and sometimes when powering down you'll have to turn the system power back to on then off to shut down. These are the two mods I did to my SNES Classic, and playing some of these missed games like Turtles in Time, Final Fantasy IV, and some Japanese Super Famicom games on the official Nintendo emulator is great.

I haven't bothered with trying to put Famicom Disk System games on though since I'm doubtful the official Nintendo emulators that come with these systems would play them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you buy an SNES Classic check the youtube channel ETA Prime for how to add more SNES and Super Famicom roms and how to dual boot the NES Classic games on it. The only downside of doing this is one of the cool menu features that demos games while inactive only works on the original 23 or so games and sometimes when powering down you'll have to turn the system power back to on then off to shut down. These are the two mods I did to my SNES Classic, and playing some of these missed games like Turtles in Time, Final Fantasy IV, and some Japanese Super Famicom games on the official Nintendo emulator is great.

I haven't bothered with trying to put Famicom Disk System games on though since I'm doubtful the official Nintendo emulators that come with these systems would play them.
    Fuck yeah this sounds like the way to go. I don't wanna have to rebuy all those cartridges I used to have at inflated prices. I'll have to remember to mod my shit when I get it. But for now, I think I might get the 3ds first so I can have some shit to play during slow times at work. Phones just die too quickly playing games on there and I know nintendo handhelds are pretty good with battery life

Thread Information