Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol snapchat.

they said a bunch of newbie investors joined in just because of the IPO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't use Snapchat and don't know enough about it but it got some interesting large investments like $500M from NBC Universal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots insider selling, indicating consensus that the market is at, near its peak

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still haven't figured out if Snapchat is a fad or if it has legit long term potential. If it can keep the users it has and continue to grow, there's still a lot of revenue potential on the advertising side.

But to keep attracting advertisers they need to figure out a better way to get users to actually watch the ads, and how they approach that will determine how many of those users they keep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I use snapchat here and there... 95% of time i quickly exit out of ad. And another problem is the friend list is limited because it's not connected to Facebook for easy friend adding. Most of it is from your contact list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snapchat taking a .

Headed for $10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Friday it was like 90 times trailing earnings

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember everyone was when FB the bed on it's IPO. I'm glad I bought it then.

I'm following Snap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    snap hat has ads?

So uou sending pics with someone and a ad for carpet cleaner shows up???

todays social media

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look for the combined effects of a tourism slowdown and retail bubble burst start to drag the economy by the end of the year, and the irrational exuberance to wear off.

If Trump succeeding in starting a trade war, look for the countercylicals.

If Trump succeeds in starting a real war, look for bending over an kissing your ass goodbye. Seriously though either way firms that benefit from useless naval ship building.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look for the combined effects of a tourism slowdown and retail bubble burst start to drag the economy by the end of the year, and the irrational exuberance to wear off.

If Trump succeeds in starting a real war, look for bending over an kissing your ass goodbye. Seriously though either way firms that benefit from useless naval ship building.
    Dr. Doom

Dude snap out of it already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect that the effects of the moronic budget that will likely get passed will, once again, be more supply side fail, with a real possibility of the Trump Recession hitting in mid 2018.

Cutting regulations will be harder, take longer, and have far less effect than the GOP/Trump would like anyone to believe, so I discount that as having any effect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dr. Doom

Dude snap out of it already
    Merely beginning to think.

Visa applications to the US is down already, and that will likely continue. It will take a bit before the trend becomes clear.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielr.../#3600f27942d3

I'm not saying the economy is going to tank just yet, but will tell you that the president is vastly in over his head, and alienating the rest of the world. That will effect the economy in very tangible ways.

If I were doing some due diligence on a company with Trump as a CEO, knowing what I know, I would start raising red flags.

Autocrat
    Blames everybody but himself for problems
    unethical
    habitual liar
    bad sources of information (conspiracy theory websites)

These things are huge warning signs, and vastly increase the potential for really bad decisions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Part 1
    Preparing for the Woods

1 Do your research first. Don't just trek off into the wilderness; get a solid understanding of your surroundings first. Studying a map of the area where you're going -- and making sure to bring it with you -- will increase your chances of not getting lost tremendously. Educate yourself about the flora and fauna of the area you are exploring. Knowledge of the local plants and animals can save your life (for example knowing which plants are edible or knowing where the local colony of rattlesnakes make haven).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Merely beginning to think.

Visa applications to the US is down already, and that will likely continue. It will take a bit before the trend becomes clear.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielr.../#3600f27942d3

I'm not saying the economy is going to tank just yet, but will tell you that the president is vastly in over his head, and alienating the rest of the world. That will effect the economy in very tangible ways.

If I were doing some due diligence on a company with Trump as a CEO, knowing what I know, I would start raising red flags.

Autocrat
    Blames everybody but himself for problems
    unethical
    habitual liar
    bad sources of information (conspiracy theory websites)

These things are huge warning signs, and vastly increase the potential for really bad decisions.

Part 1
    Preparing for the Woods

2 Make sure that you eat well before going into the woods, and tell someone where you are going, when you expect to return, when to know to call the cops, etc. Don't make the mistake that James Franco makes in 127, the survival movie based on a true story -- make sure someone know exactly where you're going and when. That way, if you do not return in time, someone will realize that you are lost, quickly alert rescuers, and be able to tell them where to start looking for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part 1
    Preparing for the Woods

1 Do your research first. Don't just trek off into the wilderness; get a solid understanding of your surroundings first. Studying a map of the area where you're going -- and making sure to bring it with you -- will increase your chances of not getting lost tremendously. Educate yourself about the flora and fauna of the area you are exploring. Knowledge of the local plants and animals can save your life (for example knowing which plants are edible or knowing where the local colony of rattlesnakes make haven).
    You a funny guy.

PE ratios are already a bit high, there is a moron in the white house, and that makes me "Dr. Doom", for thinking there is a good chance for a mild recession mid-next year?

Keep drinking the Koolaid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SNAP tanking again, looking to load up again around ~$19. Anyone else playing this...easy money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ing way snap is worth that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul Ryan's comments hurt the market today.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ing way snap is worth that.
    Who gives a , it's been a great swing trade. Only 2 rules matter...don't get greedy and don't get stuck. Really don't care what it's "worth".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all those apps on smartphones that makes free calls .... I'm surprised the large telcos hasn't started to sue those app makers for freeloading on their infrastructure

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US hiring slowed sharply in March with just 98,000 new jobs; unemployment rate fell to 4.5 percent

http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/US-...t-11057446.php

Trash says, under Obama, 4.5% is a huge lie, it's really 30% under Obama, but 4.5% under Trash is Bible truth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starbucks - 9% in Mexico Bc of trump lol

Waiting for price to fall more so I can double down.

Keep "Cara" on your watchlist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is a stock NOT to buy:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/TPRE?p=TPRE

Been reading through their 10k and past performance. Issued at 12.50 at the IPO, currently trading at 12.05.

Management has no plans for a dividend and talk about "financing growth". Weighted average stock price for managements options about 13.45, which is within historical realms.

Bermuda reinsurer. They aren't going anywhere, so it isn't worth shorting, and have a stock that has markedly underperformed the broader indexes for its entire publicly traded existence.

Yet the analysts watching it have about 1/2 saying "buy". WTF? Their business model is not unique, and the company is very obviously (if you read between the lines in the 10k) managed for the founding shareholders benefit (related party investment management with solid fees for example).

A solid company from a reinsurance standpoint, but man, their stock seems to be a pointless exercise.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fed gonna raise rate probably in June, killing 100Ks of jobs.

The Bankers' Toy has to keep unemployment high to keep BigCorp's wages low.

Surplus Labor, job insecurity, is essential to the success of Capital.

It's The American (Capitalist's) Way of Life

Thread Information