Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'd only take Romo if he signs for extremely cheap..if it's anything substantial, then it's a horrible signing, tbh..he'll be dead within the first month behind this offensive line..

I don't know why he wouldn't go to Houston, though..they automatically get in the playoffs by playing in the AFC South, compared to Denver having the toughest schedule in the NFL for a 2nd consecutive season in a division with Oakland and KC..

you Jerry just release him you old .

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Trading Romo is still re ed, but not quite as re ed as cutting him outright. What the Cowboys should be doing is moving Wack Prescott while his value is still inflated.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Trading Romo is still re ed, but not quite as re ed as cutting him outright. What the Cowboys should be doing is moving Wack Prescott while his value is still inflated.
    Prescott might not be the next Derek Anderson but................

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'd only take Romo if he signs for extremely cheap..if it's anything substantial, then it's a horrible signing, tbh..he'll be dead within the first month behind this offensive line..

I don't know why he wouldn't go to Houston, though..they automatically get in the playoffs by playing in the AFC South, compared to Denver having the toughest schedule in the NFL for a 2nd consecutive season in a division with Oakland and KC..
    Cheap and one season only. If he won't sign for that, see ya. Obviously if he lasts the season and gets the team to the plyoffs, ok now talk about a better deal.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Houston traded Brock <it's-happening.gif>

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    No way I'm bringing in Tony Romo. And I will predict right now the teams that does sign him will regret it.
    Noted.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    NFL Network’s Jeff Darlington tweeted on Friday that after talking to sources about Romo, the Denver Broncos “haven’t closed the door” on Romo but they aren’t pursuing him either. So, Darlington wrote, “Romo believes it’s Texans or retirement for 2017.”

Houston is Romo’s preferred landing spot, and a league source said earlier this month that Houston owner Bob McNair is high on bringing Romo to the Texans, and the team would be willing to trade a mid-round pick to Dallas – provided Romo would agree to a new contract.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-...222253573.html

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Honestly, why go to Houston when you have these broadcasting gigs lusting for you? Option A, take a beating for 16 weeks, possibly wrecking your back even further, or Option B, play golf Monday to Friday and fly out to work one day a week.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Honestly, why go to Houston when you have these broadcasting gigs lusting for you? Option A, take a beating for 16 weeks, possibly wrecking your back even further, or Option B, play golf Monday to Friday and fly out to work one day a week.
    The AFC is pretty damn weak outside of NE and Romo doesn't have a SB ring to date. Houston has the best defense in the world and they're getting back the best defensive player in the whole league this year. They have a young o-line who are improving (including Zack Martin's brother, he's a stud) and some awesome receivers, Lamar Miller is an above average running back, they're literally a QB away from giving NE a serious challenge and potentially beating them in a playoff setting en route to a le.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The AFC is pretty damn weak outside of NE and Romo doesn't have a SB ring to date. Houston has the best defense in the world and they're getting back the best defensive player in the whole league this year. They have a young o-line who are improving (including Zack Martin's brother, he's a stud) and some awesome receivers, Lamar Miller is an above average running back, they're literally a QB away from giving NE a serious challenge and potentially beating them in a playoff setting en route to a le.
    Houston gave up 328 points playing in that weakass division, that is nothing special at all. Miller is not a dominate RB. There is nothing that has the Texans challenging the Pats regardless of who is at QB.

Romo played it all wrong. he should have kept his mouth unless asked. Then it's.....I'm under contract to be the Cowboy here. Let's see how it goes....and leave it at that.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Houston gave up 328 points playing in that weakass division, that is nothing special at all. Miller is not a dominate RB. There is nothing that has the Texans challenging the Pats regardless of who is at QB.

Romo played it all wrong. he should have kept his mouth unless asked. Then it's.....I'm under contract to be the Cowboy here. Let's see how it goes....and leave it at that.
    Never said Miller was "dominant", just "above average". Reread my post. PPG are an overrated nominal stat just like in the NBA. Texans were #1 without Watt by both analytics and yardage. They came a drive or so away from really putting the heat on NE in NE in the playoffs this past year... and that was with Assweiler throwing his usual daffy duck throws.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    How much does Romo really care about a ring? This is the same guy that lost a playoff game and gave a "my life is still dope so whatever" speech right after losing.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Never said Miller was "dominant", just "above average". Reread my post. PPG are an overrated nominal stat just like in the NBA. Texans were #1 without Watt by both analytics and yardage. They came a drive or so away from really putting the heat on NE in NE in the playoffs this past year... and that was with Assweiler throwing his usual daffy duck throws.
    What team gave up the least PPG, yep....Pats. And, you are 100% wrong if ya think yards are more important than points.

My point on Miller is the Texans have just an average runner, nothing special.

There is nothing that has the Texans challenging the Pats in the AFC as you will see.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    If somebody is willing to trade a decent draft pick for a guy who's just another major injury waiting to happen, Jerruh better say yes without blinking.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Romo headed into broadcasting. Saga over.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That was my quarterback

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    cap spaaaace!

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Romo headed into broadcasting. Saga over.
    tbh you guys dodged a bullet. You would've been let down since he's literally a piece of glass at this point. He made the only sensible decision.

If he's heading for the broadcast booth and is looking to avoid further injury, he needs to sit a few seats away from Michael Irvin IMO

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dbl

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    bye Simms, o Romo

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    bye Simms, o Romo
    So Tony did go to the AFC after all.

Maybe I'll actually turn on the television for AFC primetime afternoon games/AFC playoff games from now on if this is the case. Simms is the worst and most boring color commentator in sports. Just like NBC's football telecasts took a big step forward when they replaced the boring John Madden with the lively Cris Collinsworth, will CBS A-team telecasts take a step forward with Romo? I'm not a big Nantz fan (he's inferior to both Buck and Michaels IMO) but things can only go up from Simms.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Are you guys ing serious Phil Simms is gone? Please please be true

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So Tony did go to the AFC after all.

Maybe I'll actually turn on the television for AFC primetime afternoon games/AFC playoff games from now on if this is the case. Simms is the worst and most boring color commentator in sports. Just like NBC's football telecasts took a big step forward when they replaced the boring John Madden with the lively Cris Collinsworth, will CBS A-team telecasts take a step forward with Romo? I'm not a big Nantz fan (he's inferior to both Buck and Michaels IMO) but things can only go up from Simms.
    Buck is the ing worst.

Thread Information