Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    $14M after 1 Jun. Richard Sherman on the way? Do it Jerry

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Word on the street is the Texans are gonna go after Kraep. My condolences benefactor.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jerrah loves him some trouble prone cornerbacks.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    With his $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I'd not work at all.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    With his $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I'd not work at all.
    You know, some people consider a job like that fun as opposed to work? Why does any media personality with millions not just retire tomorrow?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not going to happen. Seattle wouldn't trade him. Unless we give them, say, Anthony Brown and our 2017 1st rounder. Which would be stupid on our part.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You know, some people consider a job like that fun as opposed to work? Why does any media personality with millions not just retire tomorrow?
    I'd rather travel with the family.

Just how knowledgeable can the guy be about the NFL? He zeros in one one game a week, while guys like us are into all the games.

Avante...(after a Tyreek Hill..wow!) while in high school the guy ran the second fastest high school 200m in history. As we just saw, speed to burn.
    Last edited by Avante; 04-04-2017 at 09:00 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'd rather travel with the family.

Just how knowledgeable can the guy be about the NFL? He zeros in one one game a week, while guys like us are into all the games.

Avante...(after a Tyreek Hill..wow!) while in high school the guy ran the second fastest high school 200m in history. As we just saw, speed to burn.
    Hill, Ware, Kelce, and KC's offense still stinks... Hmm???

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Are you guys ing serious Phil Simms is gone? Please please be true
    I'm not understanding how anyone can be disappointed with this. Romo should get into the HoF for that alone.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm not understanding how anyone can be disappointed with this. Romo should get into the HoF for that alone.
    Now if only CBS can clone Buck or Al Michaels (or make a hybrid of the two) and replace Nantz.

AFC late afternoon and playoff games have been unwatchable for so long... but Simms was only 60-70% of the problem

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count

Nobody has really brought this up, but what makes CBS think that Romo is going to be an improvement? He sounds pretty boring in interviews. I'm starting to think this might have just been a sympathy hire after what happened last season tbh

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Very sad to see Romo get run out of the sport in the name of political correctness.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Very sad to see Romo get run out of the sport in the name of political correctness.
    Uh what?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Another stupid take.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    He was still the best quarterback on the Cowboys, but they'd be smeared as "racist" if they ever benched Wack Prescott for him.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    He was still the best quarterback on the Cowboys, but they'd be smeared as "racist" if they ever benched Wack Prescott for him.
    rofl that's ridiculous and lazy on your part.

I'm like you in the fact that I clown on my favorite team's management just as much as you do but they definitely got this one right. And this is coming from a guy who is always skeptical about black QB's and even thought that Prescott would be out of the league in a few years. I was as big a doubter as anybody.

First of all, ever since Romo's great 2014 season, he's hardly been able to stay on the field so it was always a huge longshot he'd even come close to matching that year again. Let's recap:

-2015, suffers a major shoulder injury the second game of the year off of a routine tackle
    -second game back in 2015, suffers a season ending injury off of a routine sack
    -preseason game in 2016 where he's barely playing, gets another major injury off of another routine tackle

At 37 years old, with three major injuries in two years, that's an obvious sign to retire. Even in 2015, Romo was not that great. Had a good first game against New York, bad game against Philly, pretty good game against a bad Miami team when he came back (had a few INTs though), and a terrible game against Carolina when he got injured again. So injuries aside, Dak was playing much better than Romo had been playing that year anyway. The team was on a roll, he's clearly the quarterback of the future, why would you bench him for a now questionable player who is on the verge of retirement? Not to mention Dak's stellar play justified the decision. He was pretty much flawless all season other than the fact that he sometimes got off to slow starts and the inability to show up against the New York Giants.

It would've made zero sense other than for muh loyalty which would've been an example of political correctness.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    rofl that's ridiculous and lazy on your part.

I'm like you in the fact that I clown on my favorite team's management just as much as you do but they definitely got this one right. And this is coming from a guy who is always skeptical about black QB's and even thought that Prescott would be out of the league in a few years. I was as big a doubter as anybody.

First of all, ever since Romo's great 2014 season, he's hardly been able to stay on the field so it was always a huge longshot he'd even come close to matching that year again. Let's recap:

-2015, suffers a major shoulder injury the second game of the year off of a routine tackle
    -second game back in 2015, suffers a season ending injury off of a routine sack
    -preseason game in 2016 where he's barely playing, gets another major injury off of another routine tackle

At 37 years old, with three major injuries in two years, that's an obvious sign to retire. Even in 2015, Romo was not that great. Had a good first game against New York, bad game against Philly, pretty good game against a bad Miami team when he came back (had a few INTs though), and a terrible game against Carolina when he got injured again. So injuries aside, Dak was playing much better than Romo had been playing that year anyway. The team was on a roll, he's clearly the quarterback of the future, why would you bench him for a now questionable player who is on the verge of retirement? Not to mention Dak's stellar play justified the decision. He was pretty much flawless all season other than the fact that he sometimes got off to slow starts and the inability to show up against the New York Giants.

It would've made zero sense other than for muh loyalty which would've been an example of political correctness.
    Good post. I can't believe some Romo fans just dismiss the injury potential. And like you said, he's 37.

I wish someone else would have picked him up just to see him go down in preseason.

Thread Information