Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Johnson is just as good. The only reason he got so much playing time is because of the injury. They won't miss a beat.
    But it takes more than 1 awesome CB to be the #1 defense... even with 4 star pass rushers and MLB Cushing on the team.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    every time you can get a good pick without losing a player, you do it

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Browns essentially paid $16 million for a 2nd-round pick. I'm well aware of all the stupid things they've done as an organization but this is not one of them. They've got a metric -ton of cap space so why not?

Of course, if they anoint Brock Lobster as the starting QB that'll be a different story.
    it looks like y'all finally have a competent front office, fam. im seeing that y'all might give up this years 12th pick and maybe a first next year for garoppolo, though. i don't know how i feel about that. thats a lot for a system qb.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Avante
    "But, but, it's Assweiler's first season as The Guy! We can't say he sucks yet!"

Post Count
    Cap flexibility is more important than draft picks, and the ability to properly manage that space. The fact that they would even consider taking a salary dump shows they have no clue what they're doing. And paying 16 million for a second round pick is not smart in any way.
    Yeah thats a load of money people really fetishisize draft picks in the nfl

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah thats a load of money people really fetishisize draft picks in the nfl
    but where would that 16 mil go otherwise? last year they rolled over 50 mil of cap space...

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Well here's a list of recent Cleveland 1st/2nd round picks

2016: Corey Coleman, Emmanuel Ogbah (too early)
    2015: Danny Shelton, Cameron Irving, Nate Orchard (still too early, approaching lolworthiness tho)
    2014: Justin Gilbert , Johnny Manziel , Joel Bitonio (solid pick)
    2013: Barkevious Mingo
    2012: Trent Richardson , Brandon Weeden , Mitc Schwartz (solid pick, naturally left Cleveland ASAP)
    2011: Phil Taylor , Jabaal Sheard (solid pick, naturally they traded him before he got good), Greg Little

But yeah, spending 16 million for a 2nd round pick is a wise investment

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    more autistic screeching from mono

Last edited by spurraider21; 03-09-2017 at 06:25 PM.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    more autistic screeching from mono

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    When's the show tbh?

Post Count
    Is Osweiler really that horrible they won't even give him a chance to play this year? I mean they're paying him either way

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    it looks like y'all finally have a competent front office, fam. im seeing that y'all might give up this years 12th pick and maybe a first next year for garoppolo, though. i don't know how i feel about that. thats a lot for a system qb.
    We'll see. A trade like this is only as good as what you ultimately get out of it. A few years ago everyone was talking about how smart the Browns were for getting a 1st-round pick for Trent Richardson, and they ended up turning that pick into Johnny Manziel.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Well here's a list of recent Cleveland 1st/2nd round picks

2016: Corey Coleman, Emmanuel Ogbah (too early)
    2015: Danny Shelton, Cameron Irving, Nate Orchard (still too early, approaching lolworthiness tho)
    2014: Justin Gilbert , Johnny Manziel , Joel Bitonio (solid pick)
    2013: Barkevious Mingo
    2012: Trent Richardson , Brandon Weeden , Mitc Schwartz (solid pick, naturally left Cleveland ASAP)
    2011: Phil Taylor , Jabaal Sheard (solid pick, naturally they traded him before he got good), Greg Little

But yeah, spending 16 million for a 2nd round pick is a wise investment
    Yes, Mono, the Browns have ed up the draft royally. It's still the only means by which they'll ever become compe ive.

None of us have any idea how this trade is going to pan out. One thing I can pretty much guarantee is that what people will remember is what the Browns ultimately get out of that 2nd-round pick. No one is going to remember the $16 million. The money is a nothingburger.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    But it takes more than 1 awesome CB to be the #1 defense... even with 4 star pass rushers and MLB Cushing on the team.
    What? They have three quality corners under contract. Would have been pretty foolish to overpay to keep Bouye because he had one breakout season.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Who gives a about Cleveland?

If there is one franchise in the NFL where it really is all about.....once upon a time....it's Cleveland. We can talk Otto Graham, Marion Motley, Dante Levelli, Jim Brown, Paul Warfield, Leroy Kelly, Lou "The Toe" Groza, then what?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    When's the show tbh?
    Probably canceled now that Giuseppe has disappeared imho

lately mono has been avoiding questions about it like phyzik avoids AA meetings

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Probably canceled now that Giuseppe has disappeared imho

lately mono has been avoiding questions about it like phyzik avoids AA meetings
    Or like mookie avoids the salad bar I saidddddd

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Or like mookie avoids the salad bar I saidddddd
    Or like Avante avoids sexual parters of a legal age

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Or like Avante avoids sexual parters of a legal age
    Not a clue what was said that started all this stupidity, huh?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Not a clue what was said that started all this stupidity, huh?
    What was said?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    This...

"Many years after my navy days I saw a thing on tv about the sex slavery tying over there. Why weren't we told about that sick ? Then I got pissed off, I had no idea those ladies were being forced to be there."

There ya go, how that morped into..."you pedo you"....???? We simply have too many immature little punks here. I'm the last guy on earth who could be some sick ass pedo, and it should be real obvious.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    this isn't even a drop in the bucket regarding their flexibility... they came into the offseason with 107 mil in cap space and its not like the high priced free agents are banging down the door to get into cleveland, even for a payday.

the only way cleveland's getting out of this mess is to draft foundation players. if you want to question their drafting ability, yeah that's fair, but also moot. the draft is their only out, whether they're good at it or not
    The Browns essentially paid $16 million for a 2nd-round pick. I'm well aware of all the stupid things they've done as an organization but this is not one of them. They've got a metric -ton of cap space so why not?

Of course, if they anoint Brock Lobster as the starting QB that'll be a different story.
    Cap flexibility is more important than draft picks, and the ability to properly manage that space. The fact that they would even consider taking a salary dump shows they have no clue what they're doing. And paying 16 million for a second round pick is not smart in any way.
    I don't care what your cap situation is, rule 1 is always "don't pay stupid money to ty players".

At this point Cleveland might as well let Kevin Costner actually run their team.
    Cleveland admitted that taking on the Brock money is what forced them to cut Joe Haden but tell me about all that magical cap space making the Brock trade harmless.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Cleveland admitted that taking on the Brock money is what forced them to cut Joe Haden but tell me about all that magical cap space making the Brock trade harmless.
    Do you really think Cleveland needed $2 Million more in cap space in August? If if they somehow ran out of cap space this year, they could have shunted Brock's hit to next year by converting some of it to a bonus before cutting him (I'm pretty sure the current CBA lets teams do this unilaterally, so it's not like Brock could be a jerk and refuse free money just to screw them over). They cut Haden because they didn't want to pay him, not because they couldn't do it.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Do you really think Cleveland needed $2 Million more in cap space in August? If if they somehow ran out of cap space this year, they could have shunted Brock's hit to next year by converting some of it to a bonus before cutting him (I'm pretty sure the current CBA lets teams do this unilaterally, so it's not like Brock could be a jerk and refuse free money just to screw them over). They cut Haden because they didn't want to pay him, not because they couldn't do it.
    Cleveland cited the Brock trade as why they had to cut Haden. It's created a storm within the team and with their coach. Those are the ing facts. Get your bull outta here. Go read a Star Wars movie novelization or some gotty .

Thread Information