Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    You da real MVP

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Happy Hour starts early at the benefactor household today.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    det trade

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    what the ?????

The Browns are without a doubt the most poorly run organization in sports.

They paid 16 million for a 2nd round pick. Romo to the Texans now

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    This is the most interesting deal I've seen in the NFL. Truly an NBA-style salary dump. Apparently they are going to want to trade him. I initially thought that was stupid, but they can actually convert his base salary into a bonus to reduce the money another team would take on. That's something they pretty much do in the MLB but have started to do recently in football. If so, this would be soooo crazy and smart for the Browns to use their cap space to buy multiple high picks.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Can't wait for that epic RG3/Brock training camp compe ion.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    This is the most interesting deal I've seen in the NFL. Truly an NBA-style salary dump. Apparently they are going to want to trade him. I initially thought that was stupid, but they can actually convert his base salary into a bonus to reduce the money another team would take on. That's something they pretty much do in the MLB but have started to do recently in football. If so, this would be soooo crazy and smart for the Browns to use their cap space to buy multiple high picks.
    Yeah, because Cleveland's front office has done so well drafting

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    The Browns essentially paid $16 million for a 2nd-round pick. I'm well aware of all the stupid things they've done as an organization but this is not one of them. They've got a metric -ton of cap space so why not?

Of course, if they anoint Brock Lobster as the starting QB that'll be a different story.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    savvy move by cleveland tbh

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Can't wait for that epic RG3/Brock training camp compe ion.
    Wasn't RG3 released already?

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    I'm off today and about to get ing trashed. Be back later.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    The Browns essentially paid $16 million for a 2nd-round pick. I'm well aware of all the stupid things they've done as an organization but this is not one of them. They've got a metric -ton of cap space so why not?

Of course, if they anoint Brock Lobster as the starting QB that'll be a different story.
    Cap flexibility is more important than draft picks, and the ability to properly manage that space. The fact that they would even consider taking a salary dump shows they have no clue what they're doing. And paying 16 million for a second round pick is not smart in any way.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Wasn't RG3 released already?
    No clue. Swap RG3 for Cutler in my last post then.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Cap flexibility is more important than draft picks, and the ability to properly manage that space. The fact that they would even consider taking a salary dump shows they have no clue what they're doing. And paying 16 million for a second round pick is not smart in any way.
    this isn't even a drop in the bucket regarding their flexibility... they came into the offseason with 107 mil in cap space and its not like the high priced free agents are banging down the door to get into cleveland, even for a payday.

the only way cleveland's getting out of this mess is to draft foundation players. if you want to question their drafting ability, yeah that's fair, but also moot. the draft is their only out, whether they're good at it or not

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I don't care what your cap situation is, rule 1 is always "don't pay stupid money to ty players".

At this point Cleveland might as well let Kevin Costner actually run their team.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I don't care what your cap situation is, rule 1 is always "don't pay stupid money to ty players".

At this point Cleveland might as well let Kevin Costner actually run their team.
    they're paying for the draft pick, not the QB... either have the 18 mil do nothing, or have the 18 mil go to a nothing player like brock + get a 2nd round pick. there is no scenario where the browns actually spend all 100+ mil... they'd be leaving money on the table and rolling it over to next year

this is pretty uncommon in the NFL, but salary dump for draft pick happens all the time in the nba. the spurs had to give up a 1st round pick to dump richard jefferson

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    they're paying for the draft pick, not the QB... either have the 18 mil do nothing, or have the 18 mil go to a nothing player like brock + get a 2nd round pick

this is pretty uncommon in the NFL, but salary dump for draft pick happens all the time in the nba. the spurs had to give up a 1st round pick to dump richard jefferson
    This trade is a win/win for both teams. Texans get to move on from Brock along with clearing cap space and this gives the Browns a second round pick along with helping them hit the salary cap minimum.

Post Count
    thats a nice pick.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    they're paying for the draft pick, not the QB... either have the 18 mil do nothing, or have the 18 mil go to a nothing player like brock + get a 2nd round pick. there is no scenario where the browns actually spend all 100+ mil... they'd be leaving money on the table and rolling it over to next year

Well I'll certainly look forward to Cleveland hoisting the Lombardi in 3 years then.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Well I'll certainly look forward to Cleveland hoisting the Lombardi in 3 years then.
    good deals move the needle, they dont put teams over the top... don't be obtuse.

getting high draft picks gives you more opportunities to pick the franchise up... that's not to say they aren't going to stop drafting busts. but its better to give yourself a chance then to let 18 million sit in the owners pocket as they perpetually roll cap space over to no avail

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    If they kick RG3, they`ve like pay 8-10 mil for that pick, because they have to pick up QB for 8-10 mil.

and they need all the young talent they can have

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Texans lost Bouye, but why? They need to maintain their #1 defense and still get Romo if they want to win the SB.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This is actually not bad for Cleveland

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Texans lost Bouye, but why? They need to maintain their #1 defense and still get Romo if they want to win the SB.
    Johnson is just as good. The only reason he got so much playing time is because of the injury. They won't miss a beat.

Thread Information