Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    ans offered the saints the 14th pick & they declined. today they gave him away to the pats for nothing to avoid paying him a $800k bonus.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Saints should have done better. But Cooks is gonna want a big payday in 2018. Pats aren't gonna pay him what he wants.

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    Saints should have done better. But Cooks is gonna want a big payday in 2018. Pats aren't gonna pay him what he wants.
    How the Saints didn't walk away from this without Malcolm Butler is befuddling

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    There's a reason the Saints have been sitting on 7-9 seasons.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    bag of chips. off. as if Brandin Cooks is prime Megatron or some . Nice pickup, but I would rather have the picks, or trade them for a better player. The last thing Brady needs is another midget that relies on pinpoint QB accuracy to be effective.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Yeah this isn't a smart trade for the Pats at all imo, they're essentially trading their 1st round pick for a one year Brandin Cooks rental.

The Pats' strategy this off season makes no ing sense to me, it seems like they're mortgaging their future to go for broke next season when they've historically never done that.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    bag of chips. off. as if Brandin Cooks is prime Megatron or some . Nice pickup, but I would rather have the picks, or trade them for a better player. The last thing Brady needs is another midget that relies on pinpoint QB accuracy to be effective.
    But he put up amazing numbers on a ty team with the biggest stat of all time at QB!

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah this isn't a smart trade for the Pats at all imo, they're essentially trading their 1st round pick for a one year Brandin Cooks rental.

The Pats' strategy this off season makes no ing sense to me, it seems like they're mortgaging their future to go for broke next season when they've historically never done that.
    maybe brady privately told the pats this will be his last year?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

The Pats' strategy this year seems odd to me, it seems like they're mortgaging their future to go for broke next season when they've historically never done that.
    As Brady ages he's going to need more help. But Cooks isn't that guy on offense. He'll be okay but I don't see how he helps that much.

I'm just glad they're keeping Butler. Gilmore is teriffic as a #2 corner, but giving him #1 corner money is stupid.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Maybe because a shutdown elite corner is more valuable than a one dimensional receiver who's NFL career has consisted of nothing beyond stat whoring on a ty team?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    That would actually make a lot of sense since they're keeping Garappolo which would be pointless unless they're ready to pay him starter money a year from now.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    As Brady ages he's going to need more help. But Cooks isn't that guy on offense. He'll be okay but I don't see how he helps that much.

I'm just glad they're keeping Butler. Gilmore is teriffic as a #2 corner, but giving him #1 corner money is stupid.
    Is it a sure thing they're keeping Butler?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Is it a sure thing they're keeping Butler?
    I hope so. I'm thinking (hoping) Butler's inclusion in trade talks was just a negotiating ploy.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Nah. Brady has plenty left in the tank. I think he privately wants to shatter Peyton's regular season passing yards & touchdowns.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I hope so. I'm thinking (hoping) Butler's inclusion in trade talks was just a negotiating ploy.
    If they keep him then I like the Gilmore signing. I just saw only the first two years of how contract are guaranteed so they aren't risking too much and he's an improvement over Logan Ryan.

The Dwayne Allen trade was also good imo, if they can keep Hightower + Butler the defense is definitely improved from last year. My one hope would still be they get a new right guard/center since Shaq Mason is ing garbage.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Butler isn't technically signed yet.

But Cooks isn't irreplaceable. He was probably the 3rd best WR on the Saints this past season.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    do the pats have any picks left tbh?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Just watched his highlights from last season. Basically all his big catches were beating linebackers, run support safeties, and finding holes in the zone. Almost nothing beating a man off the line. So yeah, he'll fit right in with Edelman/Amendola/Hogan

He's certainly going to thrive as long as Brady can still zip it into tight windows. Once Brady starts losing his fastball he'll be as useless as the rest of the receivers on this team.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The first great Pats receiver was Tennessee speedster Stanley Morgan. Randy Moss tore it up as a Pat.

Finally, back to some legit jets. Every team can use a guy with serious speed at WR.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    The first great Pats receiver was Tennessee speedster Stanley Morgan. Randy Moss tore it up as a Pat.

Finally, back to some legit jets.
    Oh, go cram your into an illegal hole. Nobody cares what you think.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Oh, go cram your into an illegal hole. Nobody cares what you think.
    You were proved wrong asshole, ya see those who understand the game know what speed does for an offense.

See your dumbass learned something...... ~~~

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    You were proved wrong asshole, ya see those who understand the game know what speed does for an offense.

See your dumbass learned something...... ~~~
    And you're a pedophile.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    And you're a pedophile.
    translation

Avante told me the Pats needed a speed receiver, why I hassled him? I need too take notes, learn all I can from guys who know the game.

Stanley Morgan

Last edited by Avante; 03-10-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    A 4.30 is some serious jets.

Thread Information