Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Iguodala comments (no doubt they were at Kerr), the Durant injury, the resting stars who never returned to the bench area, the 5 out of 7 losses, this doesn't look good at all

What a time to be a Spurs fan (hoping for Aldridge's good health albeit). Can't wait for America to be off this stupid Warriors bandwagon bull

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intriguing.
    some guys were quoting comments from GSW fans from their forums and such. There are concerns they have issues.
    I can't tell as I don't follow them at all... but the stars that were rested were dressed to play and exited the bench at the half and did not return. We made comments in the game thread that it was a sign of not being good teammates, but in reality could be a sign of protest.

The game was winnable for them I imagine the players thought. From their POV, it wasn't so much a sign of not being good teammates to the efforts their roleplayer teammates were making, but a sign of frustration with the coaching decision to sit them all. Just a guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intriguing.
    some guys were quoting comments from GSW fans from their forums and such. There are concerns they have issues.
    I can't tell as I don't follow them at all... but the stars that were rested were dressed to play and exited the bench at the half and did not return. We made comments in the game thread that it was a sign of not being good teammates, but in reality could be a sign of protest.

The game was winnable for them I imagine the players thought. From their POV, it wasn't so much a sign of not being good teammates to the efforts their roleplayer teammates were making, but a sign of frustration with the coaching decision to sit them all. Just a guess.
    You're right, very well could be protest...which I'm not so sure is a good thing for team chemistry either. Regardless of intent, they still look over and see no Klay or Steph. That's gotta still affect your confidence as a young player trying to hold the fort for your starters. It's possible I'm reading too far into it, but I don't know if I'm a Warriors fan, I don't like the look of this at all. And Iggy sure made a bold move in a locker room interview after the Wolves game. I'm just a spectactor here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've had problems all year. They've tried to play tough guys to bluster past it, but their chemistry has never been good. Once they had to grind it out, you wondered what kind of core they had. I wonder if Kerr made a major mistake resting guys; beating the Spurs at their arena even without two of their starters would have reignited them. Now, because they have no inner strength, they may start chipping at each other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be so cool ^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not worried about the Spurs getting past the Warriors, I'm concerned about some ty-ass team out-muscling and efforting the Spurs in the playoffs. See LA Clippers (2015 playoffs), OKC Thunder (2016 playoffs). Those losses were pretty ing pathetic and inexcusable. This team better stop relying on KL to do everything for them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's still too early to assume that that they are beyond repair when it comes to their chemistry problems. I remember thinking way back during the '00-'01 the Lakers were going to go down the toilet due to all the infighting Shaq and Kobe was having that year but unfortunately it still ended up working out for them. We'll see how the Warriors respond once Durant comes back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Durant injury doesn't happen, they would still easily win the West.
    Once Durbeta is back, they will all get their confidence back and they will kick ass. Even if they aren't as dominant as last year's team, they are still historically good and efficient.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Durant trade was a huge mistake. They got rid of all their glue guys and messed up the chemistry and roles.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The Durant trade was a huge mistake. They got rid of all their glue guys and messed up the chemistry and roles.
    GS didn't trade for Durant and the signing was less of a mistake than the Aldridge signing. This comment is even more surreal when you factor in how Spurstalk went goo goo over Durant in the offseason, wanting, hoping and praying that he'd somehow end up signing with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like FkLA pointed out in the game thread, it was pretty ish of mouthpiece, mouth breather, and the other two, not coming out to support the rest team on the bench in second half. Definitely doesn't contribute to better chemistry if anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, Bogut wasn't very good and is out for the season, Ezeli never played and will be a FA after this season once he gets released. Durant for Harry B. is an absolute no brainer.

Next season it could be much worse, they may lose Iggy and Livingston if KD takes the full max. They'd probably be limited to their cheap young players and vet ring chasers.

The trade [off] then would still probably be worth it, even though their depth would be paper thin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Iggy's comments were more directed at the league playing them so much. Kerr clearly isn't a Mark Jackson--type coach with a "play harder" at ude. But given how terrible their schedule must have been on their bodies recently, I can imagine they're chippy when it comes to people ignoring that. When you've been beat up like that, you can't just fall back on "play harder", but you hear that for people who are like, "I am tired from sitting on my ass all day, and I'm here" like that's the same ing thing as being fatigued and in pain from being an athlete.

I assume they were trying to be Spurs-like when they were originally on the bench. Thing is, the Spurs have had decent-to-great depth recently, so even a game like this was an easy win. So it's easier to root for guys who know are going to play well and play hard. The facade well away at half-time. Maybe they were being heckled for not playing by the fans behind him who paid a -ton of money to watch them. Maybe they thought they were being a distraction to the young guys. Maybe they were mad at Kerr. In any event, they were trying to fake having good chemistry and failed.

I blame West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iggys "gonna be some change".
    What was that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Iggy's comments were more directed at the league playing them so much. Kerr clearly isn't a Mark Jackson--type coach with a "play harder" at ude. But given how terrible their schedule must have been on their bodies recently, I can imagine they're chippy when it comes to people ignoring that. When you've been beat up like that, you can't just fall back on "play harder", but you hear that for people who are like, "I am tired from sitting on my ass all day, and I'm here" like that's the same ing thing as being fatigued and in pain from being an athlete.

I assume they were trying to be Spurs-like when they were originally on the bench. Thing is, the Spurs have had decent-to-great depth recently, so even a game like this was an easy win. So it's easier to root for guys who know are going to play well and play hard. The facade well away at half-time. Maybe they were being heckled for not playing by the fans behind him who paid a -ton of money to watch them. Maybe they thought they were being a distraction to the young guys. Maybe they were mad at Kerr. In any event, they were trying to fake having good chemistry and failed.

I blame West.
    Other teams / players go through tough stretches but takes it in stride and deal with it like men. Evej if they rest, they do so and go about their business. Why do the warriors have to get all pissy and throw visible hissy fits because it's tough on them?

Dammit these dudes are spoiled brats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other teams / players go through tough stretches but takes it in stride and deal with it like men. Evej if they rest, they do so and go about their business. Why do the warriors have to get all pissy and throw visible hissy fits because it's tough on them?

Dammit these dudes are spoiled brats.
    Complaining like this is what's gotten them a longer ASB and an earlier start to the season. If everyone hated it but didn't say anything, nothing would change. Then you factor in that the Warriors have a lot more pressure on them than most teams, you can understand why they can't just laugh it off all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Complaining like this is what's gotten them a longer ASB and an earlier start to the season. If everyone hated it but didn't say anything, nothing would change. Then you factor in that the Warriors have a lot more pressure on them than most teams, you can understand why they can't just laugh it off all the time.
    More pressure.

C'mon man, that's a lame excuse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Warriors wanted to make a statement to the NBA about the schedule, sitting their starters in a nationally televised game was the way to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Future looks very cloudy for the Warriors. If Durant wants the max they can't keep Iggy or Livingston (who's fallen off this year). Zaza will likely get a better offer elsewhere. They have rights on Clark but he'll cost them some to keep. West will likely take his bandwagon elsewhere. That leaves McCaw, Looney and McAdoo. They're screwed next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The starters leaving the bench for the second half was a crass move no matter the agenda. You stay out there and support your teammates no matter if you're mad at the league, your coach or feeling embarrassed that losing to thhe Spurs is beneath you. It shows an elitist divide between the "haves" and "have nots" on that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The starters leaving the bench for the second half was a crass move no matter the agenda. You stay out there and support your teammates no matter if you're mad at the league, your coach or feeling embarrassed that losing to thhe Spurs is beneath you. It shows an elitist divide between the "haves" and "have nots" on that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they can build their bench through the draft tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the guys are so serious about "my body hurts" then put pressure on the league to cut down the number of games in a season. But they won't do it because they'd have to take less money. The guys just want to have their cake and eat it too.

Again, every single team / players deals with this. Only the warriors players feel the need act out in some sort of childlike behavior publicly. It doesn't matter if their protesting the league or coach. They just have to do something for attention. If they didn't have a track record of being such whiners and es, leaving the bench mid game probably wouldn't have been as big deal. But they've proven how they act is who they are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the guys are so serious about "my body hurts" then put pressure on the league to cut down the number of games in a season. But they won't do it because they'd have to take less money. The guys just want to have their cake and eat it too.

Again, every single team / players deals with this. Only the warriors players feel the need act out in some sort of childlike behavior publicly. It doesn't matter if their protesting the league or coach. They just have to do something for attention. If they didn't have a track record of being such whiners and es, leaving the bench mid game probably wouldn't have been as big deal. But they've proven how they act is who they are.
    Agree completely

Thread Information