Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ...and yet you come back...time and time again.

Dude. see where it says...KONG? Why not talk about the topic ya dumb ? Are you really this totally wrapped up in Avante? My God guy give it a ing rest, ok? To enter threads JUST to do your CONSTANT...wimper, wimper Avante wahwahwah.....makes you look like a ing re .

benefactor, dude, aren't you bored with this stupid yet?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They made Kong a lot bigger to set up the King Kong vs Godzilla movie in a couple of years.

Tha last Godzilla movie was produced by the same company that made "Kong: Skull island".

A regular sized Kong would be no match for Godzilla, however ferocious Kong may fight back.
    Anytime ya take a book or a well known anything ya can't just do anything ya want. There are plenty of people who know Jack Reacher is way bigger than Tom Cruise and King Kong is around 30 feet tall with Godzilla at what...200? Why they think they can just do what they want with estabished characters...???

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Anytime ya take a book or a well known anything ya can't just do anything ya want. There are plenty of people who know Jack Reacher is way bigger than Tom Cruise and King Kong is around 30 feet tall with Godzilla at what...200? Why they think they can just do what they want with estabished characters...???

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    delete

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So they make movies to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$......really?

Now think of how much the Jack Reacher movies would have made if they'd stayed to the actual Lee Child character.

The size of Reacher is a constant in the books and everyone who knows what a Jack Reacher is knows this.

Would ya believe Jack Reacher made his first apperence in this book I;m holding...Killing Floor....on March 17 1997?
    Last edited by Avante; 03-17-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lol. You seem to like saying "Jack Reacher".

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So Hollywood can....

THE ALAMO

This time Davey Crockett survives and becomes president of the USA.

FRANKENSTEIN

This time Frankie is a vampire and lives in Fresno.

THE HULK RETURNS

This time the badass is blue and a very eloquent speaker, he tries to reason with the bad guys now only using IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME (THE THING won;t mind, it's just a movie) if he must.

Casablanca

Rick is a German and smuggles drugs. Sam is a blind guitar player, who plays nothing but blues.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lol. You seem to like saying "Jack Reacher".
    Dude, why this need to CONSTANTLY act stupid, why?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    maybe you and mason should hook up and see jack reacher.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So you're a fan of J.T.Edson's The Floating Outfit stories starring...

Dusty Fog...around 5-6 and the fastest gun there is, and he knows judo.
    Mark Counter...a shape dressed giant, never met a woman he couldn't seduce or a man he couldn't whip.
    The Yasabel Kid....part indian and part wildcat, nothing he can;t track and he has no match with a knife.

Now these stories are very famous if ya like westerns. So if ya saw...THE FLOATING OUTFIT...movie, you are going to expect to see just what I typed.

Dusty Fog[edit]

Dusty (Dustine Edward Marsden Fog) is the principal protagonist in most of the Floating Outfit stories and Civil War stories. Short [6] but strongly built for his height, Dusty is exceptionally fast with his twin Colts and commonly considered the fastest gun in Texas, a skilled rifle shot though usually preferring a Winchester carbine as being more suited to his small stature, and unequalled in hand-to-hand combat either unarmed or with a sabre. Dusty adapts his talents to the situation whether as head of a cattle drive (e.g. in Trail Boss), light cavalry commander (e.g. in Kill Dusty Fog!), lawman (e.g. in The Town Tamers), wagon train boss (Wagons to Backsight) or spy (e.g. as assistant to Belle Boyd in The Rebel Spy), and his wide education from a variety of teachers renders him a shrewd solver of mysteries and fraud (one example is given in "A Wife for Dusty Fog" in The Small Texan). Although well able to fight in the normal manner for a Western saloon brawl, Dusty is extensively trained in judo and karate by Tommy Okasi. Dusty is a capable cattleman and knows few equals as a horseman,

You can't have a 6-4 Dusty Fog.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    during the movie, you can go on and on about how big jack reacher is.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Imagine coming here just to follow Avante around acting re ed, wow~~~

Eastsideboxing Spurs fan bulakenyo's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I get what you're saying. I loved "The Highlander" when I saw it as a kid, and I thought the mystery of why they became immortal was perfect. When they made the sequel, I hated it so much that I just purposely blocked it from my memory and just imagined the ty sequels never happened.

I am not a fan of the original King Kong (I have never seen the complete 1933 movie, or the 1970s version either. I've been meaning to)

I did watch the 2000s Peter Jackson version, and thought it was fine (loved how they shot the 1930s period, hated the overly flashy and rushed pace of the action and their overuse of CGI) I know how the movie was supposed to end, and I did not like it. Too much of a downer for me.

This new one made Kong into a bigger dude, stronger, meaner with a heart for other living creatures (who don't piss him off or disrespect his territory) and they did not portray him as a tragic character that's destined to die in the end.

I think they adjusted the story a bit to appeal to younger people who are just getting introduced to King Kong.

He's a hero in this movie. Bloodied but victorious. Wild and free. King of his world.

Much more fun to re-watch in theatres again, with friends. Popcorn action flick. I'm planning to see it again next week.

The old story of King Kong is too much of a downer to re-watch often.
    Last edited by bulakenyo; 03-17-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I get what you're saying. I loved "The Highlander" when I saw it as a kid, and I thought the mystery of why they became immortal was perfect. When they made the sequel, I hated it so much that I just purposely blocked it from my memory and just imagined the ty sequels never happened.

I am not a fan of the original King Kong (I have never seen the complete 1933 movie, or the 1970s version either. I've been meaning to)

I did watch the 2000s Peter Jackson version, and thought it was fine (loved how they shot the 1930s period, hated the overly flashy and rushed pace of the action and their overuse of CGI) I know how the movie was supposed to end, and I did not like it. Too much of a downer for me.

This new one made Kong into a bigger dude, stronger, meaner with a heart for other living creatures, and they did not portray him as a tragic character that's destined to die in the end.

I think they adjusted the story a bit to appeal to younger people who are just getting introduced to King Kong.

He's a hero in this movie. Bloodied but victorious. Wild and free. King of his world.

Much more fun to re-watch in theatres again, with friends. Popcorn action flick. I'm planning to see it again next week.

The old story of King Kong is too much of a downer to re-watch often.
    My thing is.....

Why use established/known heros. villians, monsters, cowboys, Indians, whatever unless you stay real to just who they really were? You can't have Jesse Owens getting beat by the Germans? Ya can't have THE HULK as a pink little weaking, ya can't have Superman ineffected by Krytonite. How about a Batman who can actually fly like a bat?

If ya plan on having a 100 foot gorilla, go ahead just don't try and sell...King Kong. And the original 1933 King Kong is a great movie, a true classic. Some things aren't suppose to be messed with that is one of them.

So John Wilks Booth misses and Lincoln is never shot and killed? Sonny Liston knocks Cassius Clay out?

I thought KONG was great, loved it, BUT.....it was something totally different than....KING KONG.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My thing is.....

Why use established/known heros. villians, monsters, cowboys, Indians, whatever unless you stay real to just who they really were? You can't have Jesse Owens getting beat by the Germans? Ya can't have THE HULK as a pink little weaking, ya can't have Superman ineffected by Krytonite. How about a Batman who can actually fly like a bat?

If ya plan on having a 100 foot gorilla, go ahead just don't try and sell...King Kong. And the original 1933 King Kong is a great movie, a true classic. Some things aren't suppose to be messed with that is one of them.

So John Wilks Booth misses and Lincoln is never shot and killed? Sonny Liston knocks Cassius Clay out?
    I think they went to the Japanese monster movie route with this one.

Original Godzilla was not as big as he is now. The Japanese were flexible with Godzilla's actual size, he's so much bigger than he ever was, and Godzilla fans don't see anything wrong with it.

I think King Kong fans now may think the same. They have to compartmentalise the classic King Kong storyline with the modern re-telling/versions/re-imagining/alternate universe of King Kong (like how comicbook fans do, when writers do some really out of this world stuff to the storylines of their favorite characters over the years)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The thing with godzilla is he had to be virtually impervious to the military and their weaponry. As weapons got stronger they made him bigger for his invulnerability to make sense

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think they went to the Japanese monster movie route with this one.

Original Godzilla was not as big as he is now. The Japanese were flexible with Godzilla's actual size, he's so much bigger than he ever was, and Godzilla fans don't see anything wrong with it.

I think King Kong fans now may think the same. They have to compartmentalise the classic King Kong storyline with the modern re-telling/versions/re-imagining/alternate universe of King Kong (like how comicbook fans do, when writers do some really out of this world stuff to the storylines of their favorite characters over the years)

The Japanese have already had King Kong vs Godzilla and they were the same size, haha~~~~

I get why things are done, I just disagree with it. I want a movie based on a book to be like the book, if not then why bother? You can't have Dorothy from Colorado and she running around in Oz with a Lion who loves to fight, a steel man with a mean streak and a talking dog.

I get where you're coming from, I just like to keep things how they were meant to be.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The thing with godzilla is he had to be virtually impervious to the military and their weaponry. As weapons got stronger they made him bigger for his invulnerability to make sense
    Why bring him into any other time than where he was? The old west is the old west, Attilla the Hun roamed around how long ago? Keep it there, keep Godzilla where he belongs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yes, that might be the reason.

I was never a fan of Godzilla or other giant monsters growing up (thought it was so stupid and fake looking)

But I have been enjoying this genre of movies now, for the lowbrow entertainment factor and communal enjoyment with friends and like minded strangers who just want to watch over the top, tongue in cheek, non realistic but highly entertaining time burners.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

I was never a fan of Godzilla or other giant monsters growing up (thought it was so stupid and fake looking)

But I have been enjoying this genre of movies now, for the lowbrow entertainment factor and communal enjoyment with friends and like minded strangers who just want to watch over the top, tongue in cheek, non realistic but highly entertaining time burners.
    i used to watch the english dubs of some of the old jap ones... not the whole series, but about 6-7 of them. but yeah, this new wave of the lowbrow entertainment you've talked about has been quite good... essentially the only movies i bother going to theaters for anymore

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I was never afraid of King Kong, Rodan, Godzilla, THEM, The Gila Monster as a kid. What did scare me was The Mummy and Dracula. It wasn't a huge strecth to see that actually happening.

I didn't read Bram Stokers original Dracula until I was out of HS, what a great read.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Why bring him into any other time than where he was? The old west is the old west, Attilla the Hun roamed around how long ago? Keep it there, keep Godzilla where he belongs.
    just because your glory days were in the past doesnt mean everybody else is stuck there

the new sherlock show set in modern times has been absolutely fantastic, for example

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Japanese have already had King Kong vs Godzilla and they were the same size, haha~~~~

I get why things are done, I just disagree with it. I want a movie based on a book to be like the book, if not then why bother? You can't have Dorothy from Colorado and she running around in Oz with a Lion who loves to fight, a steel man with a mean streak and a talking dog.

I get where you're coming from, I just like to keep things how they were meant to be.
    Yeah, I get annoyed when a book I like is shot into a movie, do it pretty close to the original story, but they cut whole sections of the book because it all cant fit inside 2 hours screen time.

It must suck worse for fans of the book to see a movie version depicted so much different from the original story.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    just because your glory days were in the past doesnt mean everybody else is stuck there

the new sherlock show set in modern times has been absolutely fantastic, for example
    I know far more about everything right now than I ever did. So where ya get this stupid....glory days in the past...????

Have you read Sir Conan Doyles original Sherlock Holmes stories? Let me guess...nope~! Have ya read ERB's Tarzan? Sax Rohmers FU MANCHU, let me guess...nope~ Never have read any Jack Reacher novel,, have you? And how old were ya when first saw the 1933 King Kong?

If done right bringing the true/real stories to the silver screen would be far better than trying to bull it.

What it is is the kids simply don't know any better. What kid is going to take to time to actually READ Sherlock Holmes?
    Last edited by Avante; 03-17-2017 at 10:42 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, I get annoyed when a book I like is shot into a movie, do it pretty close to the original story, but they cut whole sections of the book because it all cant fit inside 2 hours screen time.

It must suck worse for fans of the book to see a movie version depicted so much different from the original story.
    That was my point with the 5-8 Tom Cruise trying to play the 6-4 (sometimes taller) 260 pound Jack Reacher. I own all the novels, and part of it all is that size and power the guy has. Tom Cruise....hahahaha~~~~~~~

Thread Information