Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And players today have no mid range game. I put money on it, TODAYs players would brick almost half the 8-10ft jumpers they would try. , if its not a forced layup through traffic they go after, the only other option is a 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A prime Jordan would avg 45pts a game.
    Because he would get more free throws and would mentally annihilate today's NBA mental midgets.
    But his 3 pt shooting was meh tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And players today have no mid range game. I put money on it, TODAYs players would brick almost half the 8-10ft jumpers they would try. , if its not a forced layup through traffic they go after, the only other option is a 3.
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes a 3 counts more than a 2, but I would take a 60% 2 over these chuckers that shoot 3-17 from 3pt land. My son is in AAU and I at these young kids that grab a rebound, dribble all the way through traffic and force up a bad shot at the basket. Next time down I again at these kids that run, cross over behind the back and jack a 3pt shot with not rebounders and the clanks off the rim.

Today Basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ......... no fuggin way. Todays post against true posts Ewing, Shaq, Robinson, Hakeem, Sheed, Mourning??? is all I can do with that dumbass comment.
    You forgot McHale, Barkley, Dantley, King, Aguirre, Kareem, Daugherty. Even wings like Pippen and Jordan got more post game than most of today's bigs.

People act like bigs couldn't shoot in the past, and then forgot there were players like Issel, Laimbeer, Ralph Sampson and the such. None of them were known as superstars back in the day, and the reason is because the rules back then do not need these perimeter oriented bigs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot McHale, Barkley, Dantley, King, Aguirre, Kareem, Daugherty. Even wings like Pippen and Jordan got more post game than most of today's bigs.

People act like bigs couldn't shoot in the past, and then forgot there were players like Issel, Laimbeer, Ralph Sampson and the such. None of them were known as superstars back in the day, and the reason is because the rules back then do not need these perimeter oriented bigs.
    Muh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rules are very different today. As far as today's athletes being better, that's mainly due to the rampant PED use in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes DeAndre Jordan and Dwert are super skilled
    Porzingis, Jokic, Town, Embiid, Cousins, yeah you can pick & choose anyway you like it to make a case about it.

EDIT: And Antetokounmpo, damn i forget about him, unorthodox big, but a big none the less. Donkey Green, while not all that big, is damn skilled playing PF position.

What good are skills against a dominant center. He can crossover dribble well, shoots well in practice,can jump through the ceiling, but gets killed by Shaq in the game. I dont understand your ignorance.
    I am not making any other case rather than saying today's big men are more skilled, on average -especially guys who are counted to be the focal point in the offense. They simply have to, since the game dictates it that way.
    Last edited by SpursIndonesia; 03-15-2017 at 08:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    80's Basketball - is like the first mario game. It was awesome but compared to Today's mario games it pales in comparison. Today's mario is just miles better graphically, gameplaywise, story wise, etc.

Similarly today's players are just stronger, far more skilled, far more organized. Fact.
    Played Mario 64 past week, got up to 96 stars. Groundbreaking video game, but outdated today. The camera angles on that game suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was released in 1996, like the 96 Bulls, they're outdated. Surprised if 96 Bulls could reach the Conference Finals in either Conference today, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Main Mario launch les on home consoles.

NES- Super Mario Bros 1 2 3 and Lost Levels

SNES- Super Mario World 1 and 2 Yoshi Island

N64- Mario 64

Gamecube- Mario Sunshine

Wii- Galaxy 1&2. New SMB

Wii U- Super Mario 3D World. NSMBU and NSLU. Super Mario Maker

Favorite- Mario Galaxy 2
    Least fave- SMB3- Great for it's time but unplayable now for me.
    Most underrated- Super Mario Sunshine
    Favorite collector- Super Mario All Stars SNES- includes Mario 1 2 3 & Lost levels.
    Currently playing- Mario 64, Super Mario 3D world
    Eager to play- Super Mario Maker
    Can't wait- Super Mario Odyssey for Nintendo Switch
    Favorite Mario Role playing game- Paper Mario TTYD

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    OP got his pushed in and then out and back in again.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Yesterday's NBA:

Today's NBA

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porzingis, Jokic, Town, Embiid, Cousins, yeah you can pick & choose anyway you like it to make a case about it.

EDIT: And Antetokounmpo, damn i forget about him, unorthodox big, but a big none the less. Donkey Green, while not all that big, is damn skilled playing PF position.

I am not making any other case rather than saying today's big men are more skilled, on average -especially guys who are counted to be the focal point in the offense. They simply have to, since the game dictates it that way.
    You seem to equate perimeter skills with overall skills and that seems to be where we differ.

This notion that bigs of yesteryears are big lumbering dinosaurs is often exaggerated. Vlade Divac, Robert Horry, derrick Mckey, Detlef Schrmept, Charles Barkley, derrick Coleman and Shawn kemp all had perimeter skills. Magic and bird were 6'9" for crying out loud. Drexler and Pippen were 6'7".

Mchale, Shaq and Hakeem had low post skills that none of the current guys have. Even Robinson, who is known for having bad post up skills, or third tier players like tony seikaly and Dino radja have better low post moves than most players in today's game.

You seem to think that shooting threes is some unattainable skill but the fact is that the game rules just changed the way the game was played. Jordan went from a poor three point shooter to an above average one when threes became more prominent in the game. Players adapt.

Thread Information