Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UT Study finds 15% of Their Female Students Lie About Being Raped (Because Rape Doesn't Happen in College)
    http://www.dallasnews.com/news/highe...tesat-ut-raped

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UT Study finds 15% of Their Female Students Lie About Being Raped (Because Rape Doesn't Happen in College)
    http://www.dallasnews.com/news/highe...tesat-ut-raped
    "But UT Austin officials confirmed the veracity of the number, saying 15 percent of the female undergraduate students they surveyed reported they were "raped, either through force, threat of force, incapacitation or other forms of coercion such as lies and verbal pressure."

Not rape imo

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "But UT Austin officials confirmed the veracity of the number, saying 15 percent of the female undergraduate students they surveyed reported they were "raped, either through force, threat of force, incapacitation or other forms of coercion such as lies and verbal pressure."

Not rape imo
    So it's rape when she regrets it in the morning? Is the walk of shame rape?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it's rape when she regrets it in the morning? Is the walk of shame rape?
    TBH I'm surprised that, at worst, only 15% of UT's women regret who they ed the night before.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rightwing Rape Caucus chimes in, echoing the Repug Rape Caucus.

"she asked for it"

"she drank too much, so I can her"

"she dressed too nice, so I can her"

"she can just think real hard and flush it out"

"she liked it"

"she's lying"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"she asked for it"

"she liked it"

"she's lying"
    Can a male consent to sex if he's just as drunk? Or did he get raped?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"she asked for it"

"she liked it"

"she's lying"
    Literally no one has said that ITT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can a male consent to sex if he's just as drunk? Or did he get raped?
    Well you did say you were lonely and cold, and I did offer you my bed, and you did back your ass up to me. It's not my fault you had too much to drink.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you did say you were lonely and cold, and I did offer you my bed, and you did back your ass up to me. It's not my fault you had too much to drink.
    If two drunks , did they both get raped?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not rape imo
    I agree in the legal sense, and I don't think any reasonable person would suggest that a man who gets laid after being dishonest or coercive should be up for criminal punishment. But the psychological impact to a woman can be similar to rape. Not assigning fault, but it's still worth acknowledging.

Anyway, not really the larger point I was addressing with the article unless you believe the entire 15% falls into that category.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree in the legal sense, and I don't think any reasonable person would suggest that a man who gets laid after being dishonest or coercive should be up for criminal punishment. But the psychological impact to a woman can be similar to rape. Not assigning fault, but it's still worth acknowledging.

Anyway, not really the larger point I was addressing with the article unless you believe the entire 15% falls into that category.
    Wait. The article you linked includes the "other forms of coercion such as lies and verbal pressure" as a part of its definition of rape. Is it not fair to understand the point being made that "lies and verbal pressure" are being considered as rape? If not legally then at least for policy reasons?

I have problems triggering the penalties for rape if all the dude did was talk his way into sex. It could be possible to interpret some of the proposed bills mentioned in the article to subject a kid to criminal penalties when all he did was lie about how much money he makes to get laid.

Clearly rape occurs on college campuses. I don't think anyone disputes that. But I have doubts about a survey that uses such loose (HAH) definition of rape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait. The article you linked includes the "other forms of coercion such as lies and verbal pressure" as a part of its definition of rape. Is it not fair to understand the point being made that "lies and verbal pressure" are being considered as rape? If not legally then at least for policy reasons?
    The actual policy being proposed in TX (by a Republican legislator, linked in the article) doesn't include anything about lies or verbal pressure, so no, I don't think that's the larger point. The larger point is that too many incidents of assault and rape happen on campuses, and women are often afraid to report them.

And MY point for including the article in this thread was to compare the selective concern we show about rapes by immigrants with the lack of concern we seem to show about rapes by college students (or, in Darrin and CN's cases, disbelief and outright denial that rape happens).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, pretty much no one believes that rapes don't happen. There's a difference between that and crappy stats used to bolster an argument that there's a rape epidemic on campuses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, pretty much no one believes that rapes don't happen. There's a difference between that and crappy stats used to bolster an argument that there's a rape epidemic on campuses.
    I said rape is more of an issue on campuses than safe spaces and your response was to bring up UVA and Duke Lacrosse.

You have no stats for either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said rape is more of an issue on campuses than safe spaces and your response was to bring up UVA and Duke Lacrosse.

You have no stats for either.
    So, you managed to warp that into "disbelief and outright denial that rape happens"? Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you managed to warp that into "disbelief and outright denial that rape happens"? Lol
    What other conclusion should I have come to?

What was your point in bringing up UVA?

Soak In Your Own Blood BanditHiro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a typical Trump Rally would be considered a safe space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when I watched some live streams from high rises of the LA protests after election day when 100,000 people were out and there were people walking down the streets peacefully mainly just standing around for the most part. You could see the huge groups of people slowly walking down the street. My first thought was seems peaceful and maybe like pointless waste of time if anything since LA is overwhelmingly Dem anyways. Then I turn on fox news or went on the website iirc and the headline was about the maybe at best 20 people who acted the worst and were getting violent while the other overwhelming majority were just standing around doing nothing. In the Fox News world this was like all that got coverage since it was the most embarrassing to the Dems
    Sounds like CNNs, NBCs, CBSs, ABCs coverage of Trump rallies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If two drunks , did they both get raped?
    Just you in this case.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information