Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All those stats and yet his team is a 6th seed...ergo the award goes to Kawhi or Harden.
    If you took all 3 off of their teams, the Thunder by far would have the worst record. Their win total would drop the most. At least Houston and San Antonio have decent remaining players. The Thunder? Oladipo and thats about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 19 assist directly relates to 38 points regardless who has the assists. The team doesn't average high in assists. It's a team game, your church league doesn't mean . Before Kerr came to GS, they had the lowest passes per possession/game in the league and there were some high stats in that area for Steph. Kerr changed that so that GS is in the top 5 or 6 in passes per game, while the Thunder are at the very bottom.

Those numbers mean something. I didn't even look it up before claiming it would be true, and it was.
    Well, if this were true, how in the did GSW lose 4 of their last 6? They still pass the ball incredibly well without Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you took all 3 off of their teams, the Thunder by far would have the worst record. Their win total would drop the most. At least Houston and San Antonio have decent remaining players. The Thunder? Oladipo and thats about it.
    I agree the Thunder might have the worst record. But not sure about "by far". Who's going to score for the Spurs? LMA? Then what.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree the Thunder might have the worst record. But not sure about "by far". Who's going to score for the Spurs? LMA? Then what.
    Patty and Gasol are better than anyone the Thunder has left after WB. Oladipo isnt quite there yet. You add in D Green when he is on and David Lee, its not really a comparison IMHO. The Spurs bench is way better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didnt win a ring with Ethiopantula so all these stats are moot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty and Gasol are better than anyone the Thunder has left after WB. Oladipo isnt quite there yet. You add in D Green when he is on and David Lee, its not really a comparison IMHO. The Spurs bench is way better.
    I ran some advanced metrics and they only show that the Spurs would be 1 game better after and 82 game season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, if this were true, how in the did GSW lose 4 of their last 6? They still pass the ball incredibly well without Durant.
    They're still 1st seeded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry homie, Ive played and coached for 3 yrs. Coached an Allstar team to a win as well. So I know a bit about the game.

You do realize that 19 assists directly relates to at least 38pts of offense, and if some were 3's and/or and 1s, it could be upwards of over 50pts he helped create, besides his own points. Before you assume anything, that along with what the other players created on their own is a good amount of offense. I would take that all day long.
    Magic Johnson is one of the greatest to ever do it and is currently in charge of an NBA team but his BB takes are cringeworthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like the Lakers when Kobe was around, you'll never know how good other guys are because they are simply there to pull defenders. Just look at how the Thunder are at the bottom of the charts on advanced stats like passing and efficiency in the paint. Watch how Westbrook cheats of his man and during the FTs to position for the rebound. Watch how he sneaks under his own center to grab the rebound, how his center will clear out for him to do just that.

He's just getting stats other players are gifting to him. It's a gimmick, a ploy, and you fell for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like the Lakers when Kobe was around, you'll never know how good other guys are because they are simply there to pull defenders. Just look at how the Thunder are at the bottom of the charts on advanced stats like passing and efficiency in the paint. Watch how Westbrook cheats of his man and during the FTs to position for the rebound. Watch how he sneaks under his own center to grab the rebound, how his center will clear out for him to do just that.

He's just getting stats other players are gifting to him. It's a gimmick, a ploy, and you fell for it.
    Yeah, you are right. I fell for it 33 times.

So you honestly think its a set up for WB? So in the decades the NBA has been going on and the tens of thousands of games played, WB is a fraud and the only that could have and has ever tried to stat pad to get triple doubles? Besides Wilt and Oscar Robinson, since they must have stat padded as well. Oh yeah, and so is Harden right? Seriously? LOL

I give up. Its all good. We just have different opinions on this.
    Last edited by lebomb; 03-15-2017 at 03:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Westbrook were as good as everyone says KD would still be there and they'd have already won multiple les.
    /thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could have been KD? He flopped in that back door sweep. Had to team up with a superstar team to better his chances of a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we will see. Both he and Harden are neck n neck currently for MVP, and both have gaudy stats and a lot of trip/dubs.
    Kawhi the real MVP. He's the best two-way player, brings the most value to his team on both ends (unlike Hardon), and has led his team to the best record in the NBA, which means his value has actually manifested itself in team success, unlike Westbrick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you are right. I fell for it 33 times.

So you honestly think its a set up for WB? So in the decades the NBA has been going on and the tens of thousands of games played, WB is a fraud and the only that could have and has ever tried to stat pad to get triple doubles? Besides Wilt and Oscar Robinson, since they must have stat padded as well. Oh yeah, and so is Harden right? Seriously? LOL

I give up. Its all good. We just have different opinions on this.
    He's not a fraud, he's just not nearly as good as his numbers indicate. Just look at Isaiah Thomas or Demar DeRozan. Two basic 2nd tier players that have crazy stats. Remember when Aldridge was scoring 40pts a game? Remember when Kevin Love had 30 rebounds and 30 points in a game? Where are those numbers now?

The only way you could ever get is is to play NBA2K17 and select the worst player on the roster. Now give that guy 48 minutes and make him focal point on offense, and have him cheat on defense for rebounds. Let us know if his stats improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ethiopantula easily became the best player in 70 win Golden State. The fact that the ethiop didnt look as good next to Chimpchuck exposes the fact that the chimp is annoverhyped fraud

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the next few years he'll put up great stats but his team will be making multiple first round exits. He also shoots an awful FG percentage of 41 which makes him a chucker. I don't hate Westbrook but neither do I care about him. He's a chucker so the odds are against him when it comes to ever going deep in the playoffs. Historically outside of Kobe, chuckers tend to always fail.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could have been KD? He flopped in that back door sweep. Had to team up with a superstar team to better his chances of a ring.
    KD is the best player on the Warriors. He will win multiple les with that team barring major health issues. Westbrook will be stuck heroballing in OKC winning 40 games a season and driving any other good players away because of his penis envy. These are the facts son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD is the best player on the Warriors. He will win multiple les with that team barring major health issues. Westbrook will be stuck heroballing in OKC winning 40 games a season and driving any other good players away because of his penis envy. These are the facts son.
    KD joined three other All-stars. The are the facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD joined three other All-stars. The are the facts.
    Didn't stop Lebron from winning it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bestbrook > Kobe when playing 1 on 5 imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not a fraud, he's just not nearly as good as his numbers indicate. Just look at Isaiah Thomas or Demar DeRozan. Two basic 2nd tier players that have crazy stats. Remember when Aldridge was scoring 40pts a game? Remember when Kevin Love had 30 rebounds and 30 points in a game? Where are those numbers now?

The only way you could ever get is is to play NBA2K17 and select the worst player on the roster. Now give that guy 48 minutes and make him focal point on offense, and have him cheat on defense for rebounds. Let us know if his stats improve.
    They dont have to put those numbers up anymore. If they were on a team less loaded, they could still avg those numbers. Actually, some players like the lesser role. They dont want the pressure of having to be lights out in order for their team to win. Some players love the challenge. This subject was discussed on ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you know this how? GSW were supposed to win last year. Ya never know what may happen. A trade could make the Thunder a top tier team. Ya neva know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't stop Lebron from winning it.
    You are correct except Lebron had a former Allstar and a current one with him as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They dont have to put those numbers up anymore. If they were on a team less loaded, they could still avg those numbers. Actually, some players like the lesser role. They dont want the pressure of having to be lights out in order for their team to win. Some players love the challenge. This subject was discussed on ESPN.
    Translation: When you give the ball to the same person on every trip down the floor, and when you clear out for his rebounds and when that same guy either shoots or passes to someone cutting to the basket, that guy will have high stats.

I don't mind the inefficient shooting, insane amount of FGA or home cooked assists, but when he's getting gifted rebounds to bolster his numbers and his MVP case, that's just bull and he shouldn't even be considered. Players going for individual awards should never be considered valuable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are correct except Lebron had a former Allstar and a current one with him as well.
    So the limit is two all stars?

Thread Information